blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:12:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Pokemon GO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokemon GO  (Read 15350 times)
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 05:20:10 PM »

NSFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2td6iOsKI4
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:23:52 PM by Mohican » Logged

Cymru am byth
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 05:48:09 PM »

Quality work as ever from the Kanester

I'm curious to know what people that are above the upper age limit should be doing instead BTW.

Studying, reading, volunteering, trekking through the Andes, sex, poker, running, cycling, working out, gardening, negotiating trade deals, fighting inequality, fighting prejudice, trainspotting, tennis, squash, football, washing their car, washing their neighbour's car, cutting the grass, cutting my grass, cutting your grass, worrying about the impact of The Climate Change Act,

I have more if you want them.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 07:26:12 PM »

I'm curious to know what people that are above the upper age limit should be doing instead BTW.

Studying, reading, volunteering, trekking through the Andes, sex, poker, running, cycling, working out, gardening, negotiating trade deals, fighting inequality, fighting prejudice, trainspotting, tennis, squash, football, washing their car, washing their neighbour's car, cutting the grass, cutting my grass, cutting your grass, worrying about the impact of The Climate Change Act,

Thin value bet at best. Going to have to make a call.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 07:33:15 PM »

The concept is totally brilliant. Outdoors, interacting, shared interests etc.

If people of all ages enjoy it and they are harming no one then who are we to to judge?

concept yes, but in practice, well, lets just say that yesterday i witnessed a toddler walk into Ann Summers in York, hopefully not to look for lingery and rubber cocks at that age, while the mother was walking about 10 yards ahead, staring at her phone, that had the app running, quietly saying "come along now XXXXX, keep up with mummy"

i'm all for the yoofs getting out and about, but i draw the line at potential kidnappings
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 07:53:41 PM »

No, the list us fine. Let's take poker from it as an example because I know you play that. Why should you play poker when you could be doing any of those other, apparently more useful things you listed?

The older I get, the better I was.
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 08:26:12 PM »

Studying, reading, volunteering, trekking through the Andes, sex, poker, running, cycling, working out, gardening, negotiating trade deals, fighting inequality, fighting prejudice, trainspotting, tennis, squash, football, washing their car, washing their neighbour's car, cutting the grass, cutting my grass, cutting your grass, worrying about the impact of The Climate Change Act

I still do most of that, but now I walk to most of these where possible instead of being lazy and driving/getting a lift.

One of my locals is now a pokestop and was in there the other night.  Must of been at least 15 people in there playing the game, some were just in there because of the game and left soon after getting what they wanted (they did buy drinks before hand).
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 09:49:26 PM »

No, the list us fine. Let's take poker from it as an example because I know you play that. Why should you play poker when you could be doing any of those other, apparently more useful things you listed?

Pretty much how I've been thinking, having seen the criticism of adults playing this. I'm unlikely to play Pokemon Go, but play golf, which doesn't appear to be any more grown up, or useful.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 11:24:17 PM »

I do, or have done pretty much all of that list at one time or another (haven't cut your grass for one). Why choose poker? The list isn't a list of things that has to be ranked, it's a selection of activities that, IMHO, are more appropriate for an adult than chasing around looking for computer game characters.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 09:45:58 AM »

I do, or have done pretty much all of that list at one time or another (haven't cut your grass for one). Why choose poker? The list isn't a list of things that has to be ranked, it's a selection of activities that, IMHO, are more appropriate for an adult than chasing around looking for computer game characters.

So sitting at a table indoors with better than an even chance that you will lose your money is a better choice? I would be interested to know why.

BTW you can make anything sound silly if you refer to it in derogatory terms.

I always respect your arguments Dave even if I don't agree because they are usually well reasoned. But to suggest that everyone over a certain age would be better off playing poker or cutting my grass is not up to your usual standard.

PS - I will revise my opinion if you tell me that you gave actually played Pokemon Go and are speaking from experience.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 12:54:28 PM »

So sitting at a table indoors with better than an even chance that you will lose your money is a better choice? I would be interested to know why.

I always respect your arguments Dave even if I don't agree because they are usually well reasoned. But to suggest that everyone over a certain age would be better off playing poker or cutting my grass is not up to your usual standard.

PS - I will revise my opinion if you tell me that you gave actually played Pokemon Go and are speaking from experience.

How very dare you! I'll have you know that I am at least 53/47 to lose money playing poker.

But this isn't about poker, nor is it about gardening or grass cutting. It's about Pokemon, and specifically it's about whether it is a suitable use of time and energy for adults. I rate it at the same level as playing Championship Manager or FIFA16, Call of Duty etc.
Acceptable when it involves interaction with our children or grandchildren.

tbh, I don't actually care about the general population indulging their desire to hunt down cartoon characters. Their life, their time. But I would think less of my Son in Law if I discovered that he was playing it alone. Or less of <insert any 20 something person> if they began to show their excitement at finding a pickachew

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 01:02:09 PM »

What a ridiculous outlook.

Who are you to judge how people decide to spend their time?

Blue text
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 01:15:28 PM »

How very dare you! I'll have you know that I am at least 53/47 to lose money playing poker.

But this isn't about poker, nor is it about gardening or grass cutting. It's about Pokemon, and specifically it's about whether it is a suitable use of time and energy for adults. I rate it at the same level as playing Championship Manager or FIFA16, Call of Duty etc.
Acceptable when it involves interaction with our children or grandchildren.

tbh, I don't actually care about the general population indulging their desire to hunt down cartoon characters. Their life, their time. But I would think less of my Son in Law if I discovered that he was playing it alone. Or less of <insert any 20 something person> if they began to show their excitement at finding a pickachew

You would think less of your son-in-law eh? Fair enough. I think I understand where you're coming from now.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 02:26:03 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »

Washing their car is a more useful activity? I have only pity for anyone who spends time washing their car.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 04:01:04 PM »

The concept is totally brilliant. Outdoors, interacting, shared interests etc.

If people of all ages enjoy it and they are harming no one then who are we to to judge?

Do you play pokemon Go?

Care to give us a review or let us know why it is enjoyable?  I relly know nothing much, just feel pretty strongly about not giving my 8 year old daughter a phone.  She has a cheap tab FWIW and the summer holiday is long.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: