blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:53:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tal's inaugural and maybe only NFL preview (2016/17 edition)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tal's inaugural and maybe only NFL preview (2016/17 edition)  (Read 4849 times)
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 10:37:15 PM »

I've got AFC North the same (not rocket science)

I actually have the Bills below the Dolphins.

I have Texans above the Jags in the south

Will have the west the same I'd imagine. Did originally pick the Raiders at 3/1 in that Div though

I haven't gone through the NFC yet 

Brilliant write up as exoected

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 09:34:47 AM »

I've got AFC North the same (not rocket science)

I actually have the Bills below the Dolphins.

I have Texans above the Jags in the south

Will have the west the same I'd imagine. Did originally pick the Raiders at 3/1 in that Div though

I haven't gone through the NFC yet 

Brilliant write up as exoected

There's certainly a case for all those, Cavey.

I will just add one thing: with the news that Joey Bosa has now agreed a deal with the San Diego Chargers, I should update my preview of the team. In reality, whilst it's good for them to get a player they've wanted for a year, he can't turn this team around singlehandedly on defense. My expectation of a ceiling of 6 wins stands, although they're nearer 6 than 5 if Bosa gets his head down, works hard and produces the form that got him this high draft pick.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 09:38:32 AM »

I'm still ploughing through this, Tal.

If you were pressed to select, say, 5 bets, which would they be?

There's not much NFL buzz on Fred (yet?) & I'm keen to have some season long sweats, off thread if need be, & you generally have a keen eye for value, especially in NFL.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 10:02:32 AM »

Quality piece of work that Tal.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 10:44:25 AM »

There's not much NFL buzz on Fred (yet?) & I'm keen to have some season long sweats, off thread if need be, & you generally have a keen eye for value, especially in NFL.

My intention is to put something together this week on that front. I wanted to get the season preview thing done first.

Leave it with me.

In the meantime, if people read what I've said and want to use it to start a discussion on Fred, that works, too.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 10:58:10 AM »

My intention is to put something together this week on that front. I wanted to get the season preview thing done first.

Leave it with me.

In the meantime, if people read what I've said and want to use it to start a discussion on Fred, that works, too.

Excellento, thanks Tal.

Be great if others with good NFL knowledge done similar previews, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 11:35:57 AM »

I'm currently going through my predictions for each division. They won't be as eloquently written as Tal and obviously I'm pretty new here so won't be as widely respected until I prove I know what I'm on about. But ive been enjoying writing them anyway so far. Gonna have to knock out a few today as time is running out till a week thursday

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2016, 11:46:39 AM »

I'm currently going through my predictions for each division. They won't be as eloquently written as Tal and obviously I'm pretty new here so won't be as widely respected until I prove I know what I'm on about. But ive been enjoying writing them anyway so far. Gonna have to knock out a few today as time is running out till a week thursday

Don't be so dismissive of yourself, all constructive contributions are welcome.

It's how punting works, isn't it? We read stuff, & form opinions based from what we already perceive we know & what others tell us.

"Value" tends to jump off the page, imo. We can all nitpick other people's selections & fancies, but if we don't do them ourselves, it does not count for much, does it?

Look forward to your previews &, I hope, several others. It's all good.  

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »

It's how punting works, isn't it? We read stuff, & form opinions based from what we already perceive we know & what others tell us.

"Value" tends to jump off the page, imo. We can all nitpick other people's selections & fancies, but if we don't do them ourselves, it does not count for much, does it?

Thanks. I'll keep posting. Hopefully with some nice winners. In fairness to myself I'm 100% in the tips thread on nfl - 1/1 Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2016, 12:07:17 PM »

Thanks. I'll keep posting. Hopefully with some nice winners. In fairness to myself I'm 100% in the tips thread on nfl - 1/1 Smiley

Quit now, whilst you hold the #1 spot. Wink

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »

Just finished my AFC predictions, tried to predict every games W/L. It's a long, and tiring process that will inevitably come up wrong, but gave me something to take my time up while my daughter is away with grandparents.

https://nfltipsblog.wordpress.com/

First 4 articles on there if you want a look, I won't take up Tals thread by copy/pasting them on here. (Could even move them to the generic NFL Thread, but as it's a similar situation/write up, thought i'd leave it here)

After just finishing the AFC West i'm not even sure myself on whether I think those records will happen, I did state that I thought the Raiders would win that, whereas it seems i'd be favouring the Chiefs after going through game by game.

Did also try to put together an Acca based on my predictions, but i'm assuming as they are all interlinked that I can't actually multiple them, which is a little annoying

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2016, 09:08:27 AM »

teams that have gone from last in their division one year to top the next in recent years

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: