blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:59:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Odd one out
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Odd one out  (Read 4645 times)
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 12:50:02 PM »

The Jam

Prob the only band on that list who you maybe didnt class as 'punk'.

Life has no rebuy options
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 12:55:06 PM »

Adam and the Ants pretty out of line with the rest....

Big London punk following in the late 70s, early 80s. Probably saw them 3-4 times. Loved em. Even secretly when they became teeny idols

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 12:57:51 PM »

Ramones obv

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 12:58:58 PM »

The Jam

Prob the only band on that list who you maybe didnt class as 'punk'.

Interestingly..my very first gig. 1978 think.

Swindon Brunel rooms before I left the west country to become a mockney

sola virtus nobilitat
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 01:07:47 PM »

stranglers of course

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 02:20:45 PM »

Wost. Game. Ever.

Nirvana sleeping for a week, sure it was Ramones.

So move on.

Tears for fears
Pulp
Oasis
Stone Roses
Jill Scott
Spearhead
Radiohead
Gil Scott Heron
Roots Manuva
Christina Aguilera
Orbital

Think that is 11, but no matter.  Promise to check more than once a week.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 02:29:09 PM »

Christina Aguilera
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2017, 02:41:00 PM »

Christina Aguilera

Nah, had to go with my missus.  She can belt out a tune though,  Black eyed peas in support too!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 02:43:59 PM »

i will guess spearhead, as i have no idea who they are

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2017, 03:05:10 PM »

i will guess spearhead, as i have no idea who they are

Seen Michael Franti a fair bit in his various guises.

He started in disposable heroes of hiphoprisy.  Might be wrong, but think you'll recognise this.

I saw the beatnigs supporting Billy Bragg, though I was more interested in seeing Michelle Shocked.

Fuck me, this is 20 years old

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2017, 09:54:14 PM »

That list! It has to be one of the ones people would most expect you are likely to have seen - Pulp or Oasis.

I'll opt for Oasis.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2017, 10:01:50 PM »

Siousie actually Doobs, don't know why I never did - mind you, probs like them more now than I did then.

In yr list I can't see you wanting to see the anthemic simple rock of Oasis so Ima go for them too.

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2017, 10:20:48 PM »

Siousie actually Doobs, don't know why I never did - mind you, probs like them more now than I did then.

In yr list I can't see you wanting to see the anthemic simple rock of Oasis so Ima go for them too.

Never saw Siouxsie and the Banshees either.  Was a few years too young to go and see punk shows.  Was old enough to draw embarassing shit on my school bag though.  Had that first Adam and the Ants album too.  No idea what happened to it.  I am not sure many punk bands aged well, still love Spellbound though.   

I was in Manchester when they broke through.  Couldn't miss them.  Saw them at about 2pm first year at Glastonbury.  Thought they were fantastic.  Saw them headlining the year after, thought they were awful.  Fame had already gone to their heads.  The first sentence probably makews it easy enouygh to cross another off the list.   

Pulp is wrong too.  Seen them more than the others on the list bar one.  Love Jarvis.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2017, 10:44:57 PM »

Never saw Siouxsie and the Banshees either.  Was a few years too young to go and see punk shows.  Was old enough to draw embarassing shit on my school bag though.  Had that first Adam and the Ants album too.  No idea what happened to it.  I am not sure many punk bands aged well, still love Spellbound though.   

I was in Manchester when they broke through.  Couldn't miss them.  Saw them at about 2pm first year at Glastonbury.  Thought they were fantastic.  Saw them headlining the year after, thought they were awful.  Fame had already gone to their heads.  The first sentence probably makews it easy enouygh to cross another off the list.   

Pulp is wrong too.  Seen them more than the others on the list bar one.  Love Jarvis.

On your list would be really hard pressed between Stone Roses (who you obviously haven't seen) and Pulp as my favs. I don't get past 2 albums with many bands - loved Bends and Pablo Honey but never got to the later stuff that my boy absolutely loves, likewise with Oasis - loved the first 2, barely listened to anything else

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2017, 10:56:50 PM »

On your list would be really hard pressed between Stone Roses (who you obviously haven't seen) and Pulp as my favs. I don't get past 2 albums with many bands - loved Bends and Pablo Honey but never got to the later stuff that my boy absolutely loves, likewise with Oasis - loved the first 2, barely listened to anything else

Stone Roses twice, once many years ago, then again at Maine Road last year. 

The first two Oasis albums were glorious at the time.   I bought the third, but can't say I liked it then or now.  I have all the Pulp albums bar the first one. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: