blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:08:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Bought a newspaper today
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bought a newspaper today  (Read 3617 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 09:59:34 PM »

Always gotta pick up a copy of the Torygraph at the airport.  Free bottle of water when you buy.  Paper is cheaper than the water so it's no brainer if you're looking to get lubed up anyway.  Also like Nirvana only crossword I can do.  Thickos of the world unite.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 10:10:45 PM »

I can't help buying The Times. Loved it more after it went tabloid. Don't do crosswords (not clever enough), but I particularly enjoy skimming the single paragraph items which regularly include nuggets of comedy news (thieves caught after leaving selfies behind at the scene, etc etc)

On a more serious note, I really rate their sports editorial team: Matthew Syed and Mike Atherton are particularly insightful, and you can't access the complete articles online without paying fees.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 05:25:27 AM »

I can't help buying The Times. Loved it more after it went tabloid. Don't do crosswords (not clever enough), but I particularly enjoy skimming the single paragraph items which regularly include nuggets of comedy news (thieves caught after leaving selfies behind at the scene, etc etc)

On a more serious note, I really rate their sports editorial team: Matthew Syed and Mike Atherton are particularly insightful, and you can't access the complete articles online without paying fees.

We are of one mind on this.

The Times is the best of the lot, just ahead of the Telegraph.

I do need to have a fresh, unopened, un-creased copy though. I'm not prepared to read a copy of a newspaper someone else has already opened.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 07:25:40 AM »

We are of one mind on this.

The Times is the best of the lot, just ahead of the Telegraph.

I do need to have a fresh, unopened, un-creased copy though. I'm not prepared to read a copy of a newspaper someone else has already opened.

The Times is my go to option as well. The Telegraph is OK but around the time of an election it transforms in to a rag from the gutter equivalent to the The Mail, Mirror, Express, Sun etc. FT Weekend is always great and is the only paper I never miss atm.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 08:13:35 PM »

I'm not prepared to read a copy of a newspaper someone else has already opened.

Yeah, I hate when someone has read all the best news and just left the rubbish news for me.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 08:21:23 PM »

Yeah, I hate when someone has read all the best news and just left the rubbish news for me.

One of my friends has a life long hobby of taking the top copy of a newspaper in the shop and placing it below the second copy, so people who are so fussy that that hate an already opened paper get one without knowing it Smiley
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 08:23:12 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 09:13:29 PM »

One of my friends has a life long hobby of taking the top copy of a newspaper in the shop and placing it below the second copy, so people who are so fussy that that hate an already opened paper get one without knowing it Smiley

Ha, incred.

I ALWAYS take the second copy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 09:33:40 PM »

Ha, incred.

It's the fella on the front left of this picture..

You might recognise him.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »

Ha, incred.

You might recognise him.

Mr Coombes?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 09:42:35 PM »

This is an outrageous derail, but that photo led me to this article. Well worth a read.

Interesting change in football team fortunes, too....

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3168/478/400/DSCN0242.jpg

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2017, 10:03:05 PM »

Ha, incred.

You might recognise him.

Mr Coombes?

Yes sir!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: