blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:14:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  G-T-Ohhhh for f**k sake
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: G-T-Ohhhh for f**k sake  (Read 8684 times)
OutKicked
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 05:23:16 PM »

He folds 22 if you shove the river surely every time?  Maybe you get him to fold 88 as well although unlikely.  How can he call the river given the stack sizes if you shove the river with 22 given how tight you think he considers you? I think i am always shoving the river for the extra £400 into such a big pot just to have the bluff edge running for me when he folds 22 and/or 88.  You should always have aq in his mind.   Waiting for the 'stick to darts arb'!

Well it's like 450 into 2300. He only has to be right a fifth of the time to profitably call. We're also using the power of hindsight to assume that he doesn't wake up with AQ himself in this spot or A8s aside from 22 or 88. The river jam is a sexy play if we have significantly more behind where he's getting worse pot odds to call with 22/88 but for 450 for 2.3k I just don't think we get it through enough.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 05:27:52 PM »

He folds 22 if you shove the river surely every time?  Maybe you get him to fold 88 as well although unlikely.  How can he call the river given the stack sizes if you shove the river with 22 given how tight you think he considers you? I think i am always shoving the river for the extra £400 into such a big pot just to have the bluff edge running for me when he folds 22 and/or 88.  You should always have aq in his mind.   Waiting for the 'stick to darts arb'!

Well it's like 450 into 2300. He only has to be right a fifth of the time to profitably call. We're also using the power of hindsight to assume that he doesn't wake up with AQ himself in this spot or A8s aside from 22 or 88. The river jam is a sexy play if we have significantly more behind where he's getting worse pot odds to call with 22/88 but for 450 for 2.3k I just don't think we get it through enough.

That's what makes it look so strong though because he knows that you know he can't fold but you still shove.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »

dont forgot the less you're bluffing for the less often it has to work, with another £2k behind your fold %'s shoots up but it needs to in order to make it good.

That being said. Been a long time since i played any poker, and even longer since i played live 1/3 NL but ten yrs ago people never folded here and i'b be pretty shocked if its changed completely.

*disclaimer, i might not have a clue what i'm talking about, i'd have called.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: