blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Adz sponsored (for obvious reasons) results orientated/after timing thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Adz sponsored (for obvious reasons) results orientated/after timing thread  (Read 9528 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 12:36:06 PM »

I enjoy Adz's horse racing tips, whether they are 'technically' value or not doesn't worry me so I will miss his input.

This thread and Keith's comments were just made to bait him back in for a post like above.
Seems pretty poor form to be honest when the forum is desperate for any type of contributor.

Well with the greatest respect, I hope that isn't true. I wouldn't want to be a member of a forum that was desperate for any kind of contributor.

I do agree with you that Keith was just baiting but for balance, baiting is precisely what started it all.

I'm going to make a bold statement that will have certain members up in arms, but I suggest he won't be English by birth.....

I'm struggling to grasp that concept, Tom, whereby posting an opinion that will have members "up in arms" is necessarily baiting.

If I were to make a positive post about the Company I work for, SB&G - or specifically, their "Sky Bet" arm, being fantastically successful (which it is), most of the hardcore regulars on TfT would be "up in arms", as it would be an unpopular view.

Does not mean it's baiting though. I just happen to believe it's a fact, & a fact worth repeating.

So if I asked you afterwards to explain why you believe your statement to be fact, would you be willing to defend your position or would you deny being a Sky Bet supporter and accuse me of twisting your words?

Well I'd be happy to defend what I wrote, unless I thought folks were just baiting me, or it was because the folks did not like me, in which case I'd probably just let it go.

Just so as we understand each other, are you saying that an undeniably racist post starting with the words "I'm going to make a bold statement that will have certain members up in arms" isn't baiting, but subsequent posts questioning the motive for it are bating?

I know that you are uncomfortable with the 'pack behaviour' stuff where everyone jumps on one person, well I'm uncomfortable with it too, but sometimes we have to see the bigger picture, and unchallenged racism leads to the worst type of pack behaviour there is.

Just because something is true and you have the right to say it doesn't legitimise it.

Adz can defend himself - if he so wishes - but you make the point that really bothers me most;

I know that you are uncomfortable with the 'pack behaviour' stuff where everyone jumps on one person

And I loathe that sort of thing with a passion.

And for the record, his post was not "undeniably racist". In my opinion, that is.

I've seen plenty of "real life" racism, & so have you, & nothing in anything he has written suggests to me he is a racist. Maybe he could choose his words more carefully, as the world of Online can be unforgiving.

Anyway, my original reply this morning remains my real point - I think it's a shame we have lost him, or appear to have.

Fair enough, his post wasn't undeniably racist, some people still deny that the earth is round, but the post said that in his opinion the people responsible for committing a horrible crime "won't be English by birth".

That is making and publicising an opinion based solely on race, and that, by any reasonable definition, is racist.

The older I get, the better I was.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 12:41:21 PM »

Get a room you two!

If I may correct myself....
Desperate for any type of positive contributor, which I would say 80% of Adz posts were positive?

If Adz was a massive racist, preaching hate then a simple PM saying this isn't welcome here and a ban would be in order.
Personally I agree with what you are both saying, Adz original post was baiting as he undoubtedly expected a reaction, a few responses to say 'I don't like that' or a few posts explaining why he shouldn't make assumptions like that would suffice?

He has been chased away by three or four of the stronger forum characters, some of whom enjoy nothing more than pushing their very strong opinions on here.

For balance I enjoy all of those peoples posts, but if we want this forum to continue we cant allow them to decide who is welcome and who isn't?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 12:45:18 PM »

There's also the implied racism that noone who was "English by birth" would do such a thing.

What amused me at the time was that he said "he" rather than "they" clearly failing to observe the distractor.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »

Get a room you two!

If I may correct myself....
Desperate for any type of positive contributor, which I would say 80% of Adz posts were positive?

If Adz was a massive racist, preaching hate then a simple PM saying this isn't welcome here and a ban would be in order.
Personally I agree with what you are both saying, Adz original post was baiting as he undoubtedly expected a reaction, a few responses to say 'I don't like that' or a few posts explaining why he shouldn't make assumptions like that would suffice?

He has been chased away by three or four of the stronger forum characters, some of whom enjoy nothing more than pushing their very strong opinions on here.

For balance I enjoy all of those peoples posts, but if we want this forum to continue we cant allow them to decide who is welcome and who isn't?

Well said Stu. I can't disagree with any of that.

The older I get, the better I was.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 12:48:30 PM »

FFS man up everyone, how petty is this getting

I hate to think what your thoughts would be to the local village Asian and his comments towards whites

I am white and find his comments extremely funny, i don't run around in uproar, i laugh

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2017, 01:31:52 PM »

FFS man up everyone, how petty is this getting

I hate to think what your thoughts would be to the local village Asian and his comments towards whites

I am white and find his comments extremely funny, i don't run around in uproar, i laugh

Click to see full-size image.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2017, 08:31:44 PM »

Where is Big Adz?  I'm looking to get myself an ante post book sorted for Cheltenham.  

He's busy tying to track down a couple of distraction muggers so he can tell us that he was correct.

I was involved in a violent mugging last night. I'm still a bit shaken up but on the bright side I did make a few quid.

What is it about racists that they don't like being called a racist?

(Only just read the posts in question)

I suspect this is a lie, only just read it my backside. You wallow in a good ruck and love any excuse to label anyone Keith, and Bang, here we go again.

I make one observation and suddenly the whole forum labels me a racist. Comments like the above just keep it bubbling. Thanks.

All I did was make the same observation as the police in the FULL article, not just the video...

"Police are searching for the suspects, who were described as Eastern European and in their 40s.
Read more at https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/crime/2017/10/26/purse-stolen-from-shopper-in-oswestry/#Jelw1SX1WwQ0s7BY.99"

I presume that means the police are racist too, as they made the same assumptions?!!

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/crime/2017/10/26/purse-stolen-from-shopper-in-oswestry/

Pray tell, what is the difference?

All the thousands of posts you have made Keith, I find none with any joy in them. You moan at every opportunity, and seem a genuinely miserable and unhappy person, looking for the next opportunity to moan at anything.

Life with you must be a real delight.

You are actually quite a nasty chap I have found. I will never forget the time you took aim at Forum Favourite Hector, because you took umbridge at something he said. He has hardly posted since. Well done.

Its not your Forum Keith and I'm surprised you have quite such a bunch of sheep following you(or am I?). You are one of a number of people that helped drive the popularity of this Forum up, but also responsible for its gradual slump as you drive others away, as you find they have more to offer than you. Its a shame, as a(successful?) pro punter, you could offer more to balance this side of you on the Forum, but rarely, rarely do.

While I am on one, another holier than thou character in Red Dog has proved equally pathetic. Tom you make so many posts about people judging people(especially Gypsies) way too soon, but on the back of one comment, you have totally written me off as a wrongun. We discussed my wrong use of the word ironic, but I think I have it nailed in this instance.....congratulations for helping me understand.

Finally. Good old Ralph.

What a character he is. He has more tall tales than Walter Mitty, and knows everyone......if you been to Tenerife, Ralph has been to Elevenerife. What a guy.

On the various  betting forums, he has such a high opinion  of himself, despite putting up loser after loser after loser, he still keeps going. Oblivious to the fact everyone thinks he is the worst punter on the planet.

Take him to task(still the only Wenger In supporter I know) and as soon as he runs out of material, he skulks off, then I note, reappeared almost the minute after I said I wouldn't post for a while. Now you cant open the forum for bumping into a Karibonkers post. Not the first time he slinks in the shadows waiting for a mispost so he can jump all over the situation.

So many great posters have been lost to the bullies on this forum, and most of the bullies like Arboys best best mate like RedStuart turned out to be scumbags themselves. What a shock.

There are a few decent folk left but not enough, and this particular episode has made me realise this place is a waste of time these days, just a bunch of sheep reading the thoughts of another bunch of blokes totally up themselves.

No swear words, and some home truths about those that have slagged me off, but I imagine this will get deleted by Tighty. Will pretty much sum it up if it does.

So Finally, as Tikay would say, Its been emmotional.

What a self pitying pile of old tosh.

Like all narcissists you lack any introspection whatsoever.

You have fallen out with, over time, Red Dog, Karabiner, Chompy and arbboy.

Four of the smartest and most charismatic posters on Blondepoker.

And you expect us to believe this is due to a conspiracy against you?

Could it not possibly be that it is due to your flaws and posting style?

Thanks for your character assessment of me. Most useful.

Here's my opinion of you.

I think you are a small minded, xenophobic, racist braggart.

Your mean spirt is amply illustrated by the sheer delight you feel at Stu's downfall.

But your worst aspect is your huge ego, which is backed up by no discernable talent for anything really.

You feel superior to people have more talent in their little fingers than you have in your entire body.

Blondepoker will be far better place without your trolling, although not for one moment do I think you've gone for good.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:46:10 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2017, 06:11:15 AM »

I haven't posted in what seems forever but reading the above I have one word.

Wow.

Blonde poker isn't what it used to be that's for certain.

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 08:10:22 AM »

OK, we have all said our piece, & we have done our tit & our tat.

Let's leave it now please, & move on, show a little respect for each other, & to our Forum, before the last few remaining members tire of all this ill-mannered stuff & the place finally dies.

Thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: