blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Full houses are hard to play
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Full houses are hard to play  (Read 5832 times)
lolwutwasthat

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2017, 05:00:34 AM »

1/2/5 game at Empire I straddle to £5 with 5limpers and wake up with AhAs and make it 35 with 3 callers.

8h8c4dJs cks round flop and turn.

River

We decide to bet 60.

Utg 1 limper now makes it 180 playing 900. We???

And if we raise and don't jam, what do we do vs a jam?

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 09:50:26 PM »

Assuming we cover?

Any raise we make means that if he jams we're priced in. It doesn't matter anyway. We're losing to exactly one combination and beating every other hand he decides to overplay, which is probably any 8x/44/JJ/AJ/AK/AQ. Just get it all in and cry if he has 88.
lolwutwasthat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 07:45:20 PM »

Don't think JJ ever limps and over calls a raise. Nor will one 4b rip the river with aj AQ ak
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 10:28:49 AM »

You must have some easy sessions if this is a tough hand to play :-p

I wouldn't spend more than 0.2 seconds worrying about what happens if he has 88. If he has that then you're going to double him so 100% of thought process otr should be how to get max value from slow played 8 or FH, might even have AJ and raise the river for value then talk himself into calling a 3b.

Think I'd go £600, usually a fan of bigger bets when you're kind of super nut/bluff polarised but in reality I think you'll never 3b bluff here so give him a nice price and hope he levels himself into thinking you might be bluffing / he has a FH and refuses to fold it.

Think I'd be more happy jamming the more competent the opponent.

lolwutwasthat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 03:01:40 PM »

I guess everyone raises here, but how many people would legit fold after being jammed on when we raise?
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 04:34:03 PM »

Spend your time working on more productive situations then folding top boat in a live game imo. Takes a big read/feeling that no forum could replicate. Barely a minor leak if you never fold lifetime in this spot especially with the price.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 06:08:00 PM »

I guess everyone raises here, but how many people would legit fold after being jammed on when we raise?

I wouldn't fold a set on a board with 4 clubs on it so I doubt I'd fold this one.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 07:47:01 PM »

0. I'm the biggest nit on the forum and even I call it off here if I get jammed on.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 08:01:33 PM »

thing is by the time you've raised to £560 or whatever you go with you're now calling £340 to win £1940, so you only need to be right 17.5% of the time.

Now I agree, the % chance of him having you beat goes up considerably when he jams the river, however the scale of mistake you make when you fold is drastically bigger than the scale of mistake you make by calling this river 100% (unless you know that he has quads 100%, or even 90% when he Jams, which you can't ever know)  and not 3betting the river is a terrible mistake because of the nature of the hand and the fact he legitimately has plenty of hands you beat that can call, the safest play is the call it off, you'd need to be VERY VERY VERY sure of the opponent and his habbits to steer away imo, the random factor in itself (random tilty, misread hands, spazzy bluff relfex etc) is almost enough to push it into the must call pile on it's own. Throw in the fact he might be shoving a worse hand for value and it's a call you shouldn't really be sweating on.

Gotta just take your medicine sometimes

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: