blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:27:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Harvey Weinstein
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harvey Weinstein  (Read 20333 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2017, 11:16:12 AM »

So how come Harvey Weinstein is vilified, disgraced and ruined while Donald 'grab em by the pussy' Trump is still POTUS?

You know the difference between a vulgar comment to another man, and what appears to be 20 odd years of sexual harassment and rape to a multitude of women?

I'm no fan of Trump either but all these false equivalencies made whenever somebody unrelated does something bad just takes attention away from the plethora of strong arguments against him.

(All said in a polite tone as I love me some Red Dog)

Trump has way more history than a vulgar comment, including multiple accusations of rape.  He has been well and truly vilified for his history, but was still elected.  Guess there is so much shit around about him, and he is an expert in deflecting, so it is hard to keep up.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2017, 11:20:31 AM »

So how come Harvey Weinstein is vilified, disgraced and ruined while Donald 'grab em by the pussy' Trump is still POTUS?

You know the difference between a vulgar comment to another man, and what appears to be 20 odd years of sexual harassment and rape to a multitude of women?

I'm no fan of Trump either but all these false equivalencies made whenever somebody unrelated does something bad just takes attention away from the plethora of strong arguments against him.

(All said in a polite tone as I love me some Red Dog)

Help, Barry is sexually harassing me.

You do make a good point though Baz. Witness this 'story'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41812281

By focusing on these more minor news stories and calling this a bandwagon, aren't you diminishing all the serious accusations that have come to light? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2017, 01:30:20 PM »

This non-story from the BBC re-ignites my discomfort with the power of the fourth estate. I do not question the absolute need for a free press, but so often they dictate the agenda, steering public attention away from the issues that really do matter (gender discrimination, sexual assault/rape and abuse of power) to the political point-scoring, outer reaches/boundaries of these matters. This simply serves to dilute the key message, which is a great shame.

Yes, let’s make sure that Weinstein gets what he deserves for his behaviour, but let the courts decide. And yes, if there’s more serious offenders like him out there, let them be exposed too. But please, don’t distract from these serious crimes by publishing claims of every bit of lewd or schoolboy behaviour from every living (or deceased) public figure - particularly when the “victim” insists that she’s no victim!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2017, 01:39:51 PM »

This non-story from the BBC re-ignites my discomfort with the power of the fourth estate. I do not question the absolute need for a free press, but so often they dictate the agenda, steering public attention away from the issues that really do matter (gender discrimination, sexual assault/rape and abuse of power) to the political point-scoring, outer reaches/boundaries of these matters. This simply serves to dilute the key message, which is a great shame.

Yes, let’s make sure that Weinstein gets what he deserves for his behaviour, but let the courts decide. And yes, if there’s more serious offenders like him out there, let them be exposed too. But please, don’t distract from these serious crimes by publishing claims of every bit of lewd or schoolboy behaviour from every living (or deceased) public figure - particularly when the “victim” insists that she’s no victim!

This.

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2017, 11:33:46 AM »

I see Kevin spacey is next in the firing line. A barman accuses him of inappropriate behaviour after watching him drink a bottle of jack before taking out his johnson.

However the same guy thinks swapping his £20 Casio for an inebriated customer's £5k timepiece is appropriate behaviour.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2017, 11:50:53 AM »

I see Kevin spacey is next in the firing line. A barman accuses him of inappropriate behaviour after watching him drink a bottle of jack before taking out his johnson.

However the same guy thinks swapping his £20 Casio for an inebriated customer's £5k timepiece is appropriate behaviour.

I bet he woke up in the morning feeling P Diddy.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2017, 11:53:59 AM »

How long before a woman is investigated for touching a bloke's knee or making a lewd remark?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »

It's getting silly now. Soon it will be "he looked at me in that way men do".

Prime Minister Theresa May's deputy, Damian Green, has said allegations of inappropriate behaviour towards a female activist are "completely false".

Mr Green has instructed libel lawyers over the claims, the BBC understands.

Tory activist Kate Maltby wrote in the Times that he "fleetingly" touched her knee in a pub in 2015, and in 2016 sent her a "suggestive" text message.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2017, 01:53:18 PM »

New allegations have emerged from a number of men accusing Kevin Spacey of sexual misconduct.

US filmmaker Tony Montana claims he was groped by the actor in a Los Angeles bar in 2003.

Montana says he was left with PTSD for six months after he claims Spacey "forcefully" grabbed his crotch

Just lol.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2017, 02:04:17 PM »

A sheep kicked me in the bollocks once and I didn't Have PTSD for six months.

(I did walk funny for a fortnight though)

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2017, 03:14:06 PM »

The trivialisation of sexual assault and harrassment is one of the reasons people don't report it.

People shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable or threatened by people who have power over them.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:29:39 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2017, 03:33:45 PM »

The trivialisation of sexual assault and harrassment is one of the reasons people don't report it.

People whouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable or threatened by people who have power over them.

Quite, but publicity and the lure of financial gain is one of the reasons why people falsify or exaggerate it.

There has to be a line, and "touched my knee briefly last year" isn't it.

IMHO of course.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2017, 03:40:51 PM »

People whouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable or threatened by people who have power over them.

Quite, but publicity and the lure of financial gain is one of the reasons why people falsify or exaggerate it.

IMHO of course.

When a woman is scared to come to work because of the unwanted attention of a man in a position of power.

If the cause of her anxiety is her boss is touching her knee, then absolutely it is sexual harrassment.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2017, 03:42:32 PM »

IMHO of course.

When a woman is scared to come to work because of the unwanted attention of a man in a position of power.

If the cause of her anxiety is her boss is touching her knee, then absolutely it is sexual harrassment.

I agree.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2017, 03:53:19 PM »

Five pages of men discussing what constitutes sexual harassment of women.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: