blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:09:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Harvey Weinstein
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Harvey Weinstein  (Read 20497 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2017, 04:48:13 PM »

I'm sure it was part of the Hollywood culture, big movie producer surrounded by young actresses desperate to get roles in his films, stroke this, suck that, let me touch you here etc and obviously 99% of them feel like punching a big time producer in the face, ripping his nuts off and calling him a pervert might be akin to career suicide.... I'm sure plenty of actresses have gone on to benefit enormously from roles they got (at least partly) as a result of letting Harvey W touch them up (or worse) probably looking back a couple of them might might think...it was fucking horrible but I guess the ends justified the means in the end.

As true as all that might be, it really SHOULDN'T be like this, and I'm sure some people think it naive but the end goal is to have society where people advance on their merits, talent, work ethic and not how relaxed they are about bending over for some creepy old man. Now Harvey W is going to get into trouble and be somewhat disgraced over it perhaps the next Harvey W that comes along acts better in the future - or maybe the next actress who gets assaulted by a grizzy old movie producer knows that it's ok to speak up, either way we're moving in the right direction.

Defo don't blame any of the people involved for not doing anything though, they don't owe anyone anything and all they are doing is making best moves forward in the situation they are in. They are not at fault, as much as you can question whether they did the right thing or not.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2017, 04:56:38 PM »

I too knew exactly who you were talking about, but the point is, its the Bandwagon Bill stuff I was on about at the start.

Times have changed, and it was considered acceptable to turn a blind eye, or even tolerate the the action. So I do get worked up about the holier than thou types that get on their high horse about moral issues, who could have done stuff, but didn't, but now want to tell the world how wrong it was, and how appalled they were. 

How many of these really bad people may have been stopped in their tracks if just one of these "blind eyers" had said something in the early days? Maybe some werent aware of the gravity of what they were doing, and as each case got worse, and they were continually allowed to do it, maybe they saw it as, almost, an encouragement from others. Who knows?

Doesn't make it right, but I also feel those acknowledging it and doing nothing makes them somewhat part of the problem, however minor.

Quite puzzled by this post. You criticise people who knew and could have done something about it, while also telling us that you knew about this mystery person and didn't do anything. I don't quite get where you are positioning yourself on all this.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2017, 04:58:40 PM »

You can become president bragging about being a sexual assaulter.

What's surely more important is how many people this 'should' come out about not just this one twat i've never heard of.

Thought I was the only one who hadn't heard of him before this blew up.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2017, 10:19:46 PM »

I too knew exactly who you were talking about, but the point is, its the Bandwagon Bill stuff I was on about at the start.

Times have changed, and it was considered acceptable to turn a blind eye, or even tolerate the the action. So I do get worked up about the holier than thou types that get on their high horse about moral issues, who could have done stuff, but didn't, but now want to tell the world how wrong it was, and how appalled they were.  

How many of these really bad people may have been stopped in their tracks if just one of these "blind eyers" had said something in the early days? Maybe some werent aware of the gravity of what they were doing, and as each case got worse, and they were continually allowed to do it, maybe they saw it as, almost, an encouragement from others. Who knows?

Doesn't make it right, but I also feel those acknowledging it and doing nothing makes them somewhat part of the problem, however minor.

Quite puzzled by this post. You criticise people who knew and could have done something about it, while also telling us that you knew about this mystery person and didn't do anything. I don't quite get where you are positioning yourself on all this.

When Camel posted he witnessed stuff, I made a fairly good guess from my time spent playing poker and the rep of certain people as to who he was talking of.

Not sure how I can report someone on the back of some poker gossip, that I never witnessed, but from the talk on this thread, I would be happy with my guess. I could, of course, be way off the mark, so again, can't really go to the authorities with that.

So not positioning myself at all. Sorry to disappoint.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:21:58 PM by BigAdz » Logged

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2017, 10:30:32 PM »

I'm sure it was part of the Hollywood culture, big movie producer surrounded by young actresses desperate to get roles in his films, stroke this, suck that, let me touch you here etc and obviously 99% of them feel like punching a big time producer in the face, ripping his nuts off and calling him a pervert might be akin to career suicide.... I'm sure plenty of actresses have gone on to benefit enormously from roles they got (at least partly) as a result of letting Harvey W touch them up (or worse) probably looking back a couple of them might might think...it was fucking horrible but I guess the ends justified the means in the end.

As true as all that might be, it really SHOULDN'T be like this, and I'm sure some people think it naive but the end goal is to have society where people advance on their merits, talent, work ethic and not how relaxed they are about bending over for some creepy old man. Now Harvey W is going to get into trouble and be somewhat disgraced over it perhaps the next Harvey W that comes along acts better in the future - or maybe the next actress who gets assaulted by a grizzy old movie producer knows that it's ok to speak up, either way we're moving in the right direction.

Defo don't blame any of the people involved for not doing anything though, they don't owe anyone anything and all they are doing is making best moves forward in the situation they are in. They are not at fault, as much as you can question whether they did the right thing or not.

This is perfect imo. Best post for a long time.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2017, 08:47:28 AM »

I agree. My point is that if you dont have the gumption to get involved then, why should you do it now.

One of the headline photos yesterday was of Gwyneth smiling like a cheshire cat with HW. She has clearly got what she wants and doesn't appear at all remorseful to be in his company at that point!!

The hypocrisy is amazing.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2017, 09:10:59 AM »

Kate Beckinsale has posted this statement detailing her experience with Harvey Weinstein. He offered her alcohol at 17; called her a "c###"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2017, 08:18:53 AM »

Just how much weight can a bandwagon take?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41672902

The older I get, the better I was.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2017, 09:49:07 AM »

Kevin Spacey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41799026

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2017, 10:39:58 AM »

So how come Harvey Weinstein is vilified, disgraced and ruined while Donald 'grab em by the pussy' Trump is still POTUS?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2017, 10:56:06 AM »

So how come Harvey Weinstein is vilified, disgraced and ruined while Donald 'grab em by the pussy' Trump is still POTUS?

Because he didn't grab any pussies that now belong to famous starlets perhaps?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2017, 10:58:24 AM »

You know the difference between a vulgar comment to another man, and what appears to be 20 odd years of sexual harassment and rape to a multitude of women?

I'm no fan of Trump either but all these false equivalencies made whenever somebody unrelated does something bad just takes attention away from the plethora of strong arguments against him.

(All said in a polite tone as I love me some Red Dog)
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »

You know the difference between a vulgar comment to another man, and what appears to be 20 odd years of sexual harassment and rape to a multitude of women?

I'm no fan of Trump either but all these false equivalencies made whenever somebody unrelated does something bad just takes attention away from the plethora of strong arguments against him.

Help, Barry is sexually harassing me.

You do make a good point though Baz. Witness this 'story'.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2017, 11:08:09 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41812281

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2017, 11:13:30 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41812281

That's the most British version of the Weinstein thing ever.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: