blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:27:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Maria Ho folds a set
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maria Ho folds a set  (Read 23001 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 12:42:04 PM »

It was interesting that Tikay observed on another thread that blonde only has one currently active female poster.

At the hand, it is pretty tough to comment without stacksizes. Ho raising pre seems possibly bad because she will likely be priced on vs someone. Likewise folding seems incredibly nitty as Firaldo surely has a reasonably wide squeezing range. So we are left with calling which makes our hand somewhat face up. Oh and btw closing the betting on the button with AJ suited by Bicknell seems almost certainly totally ok?

On the flop I don't know what to do really. It is perhaps a mistake to fold. Not sure. But I don't think it has anything to do with the way she was dressed. How was Firaldo dressed by the way?

And I don't really think you can compare a four way monotone flop in a three bet pot with the other Firaldo hand. Totally different situation.

I also think you don't understand what collusion means.

Maria seems to be really good at navigating these big WSOP fields. She has cashed in the WSOP main 4 or 5 times with two top 100 finishes. Obviously she plays different from Firaldo, I don't believe she plays online and seems to play quite snug, but I'm not sure that's grounds to insult her (although of course you haven't got anything against her personally!)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 12:44:18 PM »

Why did she wear a shirt with a plunging neckline ?
Did she forget her crew neck shirts ?
Does she think it affects other players decisions ?

what on earth are those three questions Tony?

no relevance whatsover, sexist and frankly a bit odd (sorry)

Lets have a go at answering them though, it could be somewhat enlightening for Tony.

Why did she wear a shirt with a plunging neckline?
I am guessing that she decided to wear said shirt because she liked it, liked how it made her look, was comfortable and confident in it.
She realises that being both comfortable and confident is an excellent combination at the poker table.
Further to that she realises she needs to look good as she has her own brand to promote that doesn't involve wearing a Herbie Hoodie.

Nope, in her suitcase she had 6 crew neck shirts, a cardigan her grandma knitted with a golliwog on and a clown suit.
She really wanted to wear the lucky cardigan her grandma knitted, but luckily she realised that somethings just are not appropriate in this day and age.

She knows that it will but that isn't why she does it.
Some old men probably look down on her and judge the way she looks but that is their problem not her's.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 12:49:25 PM »

Lets have a go at answering them though, it could be somewhat enlightening for Tony.

I am guessing that she decided to wear said shirt because she liked it, liked how it made her look, was comfortable and confident in it.
She realises that being both comfortable and confident is an excellent combination at the poker table.
Further to that she realises she needs to look good as she has her own brand to promote that doesn't involve wearing a Herbie Hoodie.

Nope, in her suitcase she had 6 crew neck shirts, a cardigan her grandma knitted with a golliwog on and a clown suit.
She really wanted to wear the lucky cardigan her grandma knitted, but luckily she realised that somethings just are not appropriate in this day and age.

Some old men probably look down on her and judge the way she looks but that is their problem not her's.

Stuart said golliwog.   

The older I get, the better I was.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 01:21:03 PM »

Your right though tony, pretty terrible hand. Not sure wtf you think is going on with her outfit? I was expecting a Tilly-esque ensemble with breast everywhere but its nothing like that. Nothing even slightly scandalous about it. Hand linked below,
https://youtu.be/xINr4jA27WI?t=1h13m55s

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »

Stuart said golliwog.   

I thought i was allowed for context

Sorry

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 01:33:24 PM »

Yeh wtf, no breasts out?? HOW THE HELL WILL SHE BAMBOOZLE THE MEN WITHOUT THE TITTIES OUT!!

Seriously i met Maria a couple of times socially, seems to be like a thoroughly charming and very pleasant person. I also know Firaldo very well and can't think of anyone less likely to be in cahoots in some high level, high profile collusion than him! He just won his Triple Crown, and think he's reached the stage now where he either doesn't bust a tournament and makes some money, or does and gets himself to the bar and is completely at peach with either outcome!

You've lost your head with the clothes comments for sure Tony Cheesy she knows she's gonna be on a live stream with a fair few people watching and wants to look nice, I don't think that's specific to women I think 90%+ of people who know they'll be on a live stream defo think "I'll wear some nice clothes" don't want the viewing public thinking I dress terribly - my Mum might be watching!!!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 02:00:47 PM »

This is where Tony should say "Yeah, you're right guys, my bad. let's move on".

That's what I will do if I'm ever wrong about anything.

The older I get, the better I was.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »

Preflop isn't ideal, but with about 58bbs she can probably just jam TT here and show a profit. Calling kinda turns her range face up but is certainly preferable to folding/4bet folding with this stack sizes.

Postflop, he jams 1m, she has 800k, pot is 660k. It's is undoubtedly a call, but not as terrible as most people thinks. She said in an interview she picked up something on one of the players behind, that they were pretending to be disinterested - clearly wrong and she admits that but no need for all these ridiculous comments bashing her - she made a bad fold, get over it.

As for the comments about her outfit, just wow. Pinch me, it's 2017, right? Great reply Stuart.

And as Dave said, Firaldo and Maria colluding is a laughable idea.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2017, 03:28:02 PM »

I love me the Bopkin
OutKicked
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 04:17:42 PM »

For anyone that hasn't seen it.. 3mins in. I think given Maria is first to act in a 4way pot where Niall has just overbet jammed the flop it's not awful.
Considering she's now an overwhelming chip leader I'm pretty sure it might have been the best fold of the tournament for her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etH_kBhgK44
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 04:28:48 PM »

!

WTF, hadn't seen the video, Mr Tats this is a plunging neckline!

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 04:34:50 PM »

Glad I’ve given you something to do today
She’s far more appropriately dressed today
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 04:37:47 PM »

Yeah but what you really think of her? Smiley
She seems very nice in most programs, plays very tight mostly even in cash nights in america prog .

The 56 dd hand just blew this quote up
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 05:03:16 PM »

What would her father think?

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 05:06:03 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 05:19:57 PM »

I'd have expected you to know what a low cut top is, given you spend longer in Vegas every year, than I spend at the hospital, Tony Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: