blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:04:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Printers
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Printers  (Read 1670 times)
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« on: November 29, 2017, 05:11:03 PM »

Hi all, I am looking to get a new printer soon as my current one is old and rubbish. I don't do very much printing, just the odd document now and again, and pictures my kids want to print to colour in, or those they have created on the laptop, so I don't want to spend very much. I also don't want to have to replace the ink every couple of months.

A problem I have always had with previous printers is that because I don't do much printing it can sit next to my PC for ages doing nothing, then when I do want to print something the ink has gone shit, or it's got a blockage somewhere and doesn't print very well, so I'm looking for one where that won't be an issue.

I know naff all about printers, so looking for recommendations please.

TIA Smiley

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:43:48 PM »

Anything Epson No - Ink costs too much and sometimes won't take new catridge

Anything hewletpackard No Ink dries out and smears if you don't use it very regularly

My present printer is Canon MG4200 Does copying, scanning, printing.  Initial ink lasts quite a good time.  Ink still expensive although haven't bought any yet.  Bit noisy but ok apart from that.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 11:24:50 AM »

Thanks doubleup.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 12:12:41 PM »

You're going to suffer with ink clog on most inkjet printers.  Some of them can sit for a while and be OK but generally ink does dry up. 

Have you considered a laser printer?  So long as you're not printing photos it's probably ideal.  Depends on budget of course but you'd need to allow about £150 for one.   Good thing is that the toners last for ages and they don't clog.  Bad thing is that new toners are going to cost a bit and the initial outlay.  If my daughter needs to start printing lots of assignments etc for school in the next couple of years I'm probably going to get a wifi laser so it can just sit out of the way somewhere.

I have a Canon inket at home, can't remember the model but it's a few years old now.  Does clog up after a while but third party ink cartridges are cheap enough I don't mind cleaning it from time to time.   Have an HP inkjet at work for photo printing and it takes a bit of cleaning too but can sit for a while.  Can't say I've had issues with smears

superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 11:08:40 AM »

Cheers, wasn't wanting to spend that much but I guess it may be a false economy to spend less initially...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: