blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  God help me, I think I need social meeja.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: God help me, I think I need social meeja.  (Read 3544 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 02:59:34 PM »

I don't do Facebook so can't comment. I'm not sure Twitter will give you what you want, it's good for news, for following corporate stuff, for collosally niche weird stuff, for gawping at political loons but it doesn't (for me) have that community/shared history vibe of a forum.

Reddit can be good for some subjects and areas.

Personally, a lot of my forum time has migrated to pistonheads, it's essentially the blokes version of Mumsnet. High levels of traffic, lots of regulars/tropes/themes, threads on everything and anything <checks recent posts> such as the Beiruit explosion, the 1700 tons of high explosives 50 feet below the surface of the Thames, cars you didn't know existed, photography, DIY, lawn care, food, home brew and just about everything else. Full of grumpy old men so I fit right in. The news and politics threads are usually somewhat to the right of Genghis Khan and discussions on Gypsies and Travellers are horrendous but I just avoid those threads and enjoy the rest.

That sounds interesting Mr Jeans, I'll check it out.

I've been enjoying Pistonheads. Haven't joined but lurked a lot.

I think I'm going to open a Facebook account though. There are a couple of groups there I want to investigate, (Maxi scooter owners & motorhome & campers) but they are members only.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: