blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2018
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2018  (Read 61154 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 06, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »

It never ceases to amaze me where people pull $10 k up from ?
Are they really all winners at poker ?
Some of the updates Ive read are amazingly bad plays / calls !

Yeah they’re all winners at poker.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 07, 2018, 08:05:56 AM »

Gotta love Trumper.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2018, 10:47:42 AM »

Event 62 - $888 Crazy Eights 8 Max NLH re-entry, Day 3 of 3, $888,888 guarantee first prize, 8598 entries

Galen Hall came in to the extra day with a dominating chip lead, and he never relinquished that advantage.

Belgian Neils Herrogodts went out in third for $355K, and then Eduards Kudrjavcevs from Latvia ended up in second for $476K, leaving Hall to celebrate tbe bracelet and $888,888 first prize. No points for guessing which online poker site is a major WSOP partner.

Event 65 - $10K Main Event NLH Championship, Day 2AB, 7874 entrants

2460 players started Day 2 A & B and over half of them were knocked out of the Main Event with only 1131 moving on to Day 3.

More player from California entered this year than any other state, and it was a Californian who bagged the biggest stack - Shawn Daniels from Placerville having 532.5K in chips.

Eric Leibeler is only 1500 chips behind and Samuel Bernabeu from Spain lies hird.

Daniel Merrilees is top Brit in 20th spot, and others in the top half are (deep breath) Richard Gryko, Thomas Hall, Barny Boatman, Chris Fraser, Aeragan Arunan, Charles Clark, Scott Margereson, Arron Fletcher, Oliver Price, Matthew Ashton, Richard Howe, Marc Daubach, Fraser MacIntyre and Thomas Christgen.

Former winners Joe Hachem and Ryan Riess departed today, as were two-time November Niner Antoine Saout, last year's FT hero John Hesp, Erik Seidel, Gaelle Baumann and Jeremy Ausmus.

Four other former ME winners did make it through - Johnny Chan, Chris Ferguson, Greg Merson and Scotty Nguyen and I've also seen the name of George Danzer listed. I believe he recently became a father for the first time and is playing his only event of the series.

The players from Day 2 A & B now have a day off with 2C playing today before everyone gets mixed up together tomorrow.

Event 66 - $1500 NLH, Day 1 of 3, 1351 entrants

227 bags were needed to hold stacks of chips at the end of Day 1, with John Pannucci having the most bulging bag for his 235K chips.

24 more will be eliminated before the remaining players secure a min-cash, with the top prize being $323K.

"Fish" is usually a derogatory term for a poker player, but a big fish has a big stack - Akin Tuna is second, and a former November Niner, Kenny Hallaert (who also final tabled a similar event to this last year) is third.

I can only see one British name, Daniel Jones, and he's going to need some help to even make it past the bubble as he has just 7800 chips in 223rd place, with the opening level of day 2 being 500/1000 with a 100 ante.

To Start Today
Event 66 - $1500 PLO Bounty (fixe $500 bounties), 3 Day event

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 08, 2018, 08:24:56 AM »

For reasons I won't bore you with, these daily Updates from Next Door are always a day or so behind, but I'll continue to post them.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2018, 08:25:27 AM »

Event 65 - $10K Main Event NLH Championship, Day 2C, 7874 entrants

This was the last day before all the remaining players combine for the first time.

1655 players will move on from Day 2C, led by Ignacio Sanchez (who also easily outchips Day 2AB leader Shawn Daniels. Second place Eric Sfez also outchips Daniels, but third placed Matthew Klapstein doesn't quite.

Top Brits aren't quite Three Lions but two members of Ally's Tartan Army, both Daniel McAulay and Ludovic Geilich hailing from Glasgow.

A looming presence in 12th spot is Phil Ivey. He made the FT in 2009, perhaps This Time (He'll Get It Right) and go all the way.

One former winner, Martin Jacobson was sent Back Home, but we still have 12 former winners (from across the Day 2s) involved, from 1983 winner Tom McEvoy to 2012 winner Greg Merson.

Other Brits who have decent stacks are led by Philip Mighall, Daniel Tang, Vishal Maini, Robert Polanyi, William Chattaway, Samuel Welbourne, Robert Sherwood, Chris Moorman and Paul Otto all inside the top 300 of Day 2C, while with smaller stacks the names of Liv Boeree, Peter Linton, James Akenhead, Sunny Chattha and Stuart Rutter stand out.

Event 66 - $1500 NLH, Day 2 of 3, 1351 entrants

26 survive for the first post-Main Event bracelet, with two Americans of Asian origin, Longsheng Tan and Heng Zhang moving to the top of the chip listings.

Stephen Bierman lies third, but perhaps the most interesting player is the guy in 6th spot, Timur Margolin. He won event 43 a couple of weeks ago, and could maintain the streak of years where at least one player has won more than one bracelet.

A wonderful set of names left including Kfir Nahum, Rex Clinkscales and Lanny Levine, and of course there's a Nguyen there, Nathan Nguyen is in 24th spot.

No UK players left, in fact we couldn't even muster a min-cash as Daniel Jones wasn't able to nurse his small stack into the money.

Event 67 - $1500 PLO Bounty (fixed $500 bounties), Day 1 of 3, 833 entries

One of the new event on the schedule, 125 players making it through to Day 2, led by Robert Oxenberg, ahead of Georgios Karavokyris and Hai Chu.

We have British interest, Gruffudd PughJones is about as Welsh sounding name as you can get, sure enough he comes from Aberyswyth. Five other UK players through - Christopher Flint, Benny Glaser, Iaron Lightbourne, Florian Duta & David Charalambous.

A few well known names are still in - Dan Sindelar, Perry Friedman, Eric Baldwin, Robert Mizrachi

To Start Today
Event 68 - The Little One For One Drop, $1000 + $111 NLH

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2018, 09:53:24 AM »

For reasons I won't bore you with, these daily Updates from Next Door are always a day or so behind, but I'll continue to post them.

Appreciated.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 08, 2018, 10:41:10 AM »

Seen on Twitter, by Barny Boatman;

Barny Boatman‏ @barnyboatman 

Kassouf is rattling off his standard attention seeking drivel at the next table. “Back home they call me the iron, because I iron people out.”
I’ve got news for you mate. That’s not what we call you.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 08, 2018, 01:23:13 PM »

The following post brings us right up to date.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 08, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »

Event 65 - $10K Main Event NLH Championship, Day 3, 7874 entrants

The WSOP have been aiming for the money bubble to burst at the end of Day 3, and they almost managed it with perfection. Hand-for-hand play (2 players from the money) was reached with just 77 seconds left in what was supposed to be the last level of the day, Level 15.

There were two all-in confrontations on the first hand, one with Ryan Messick and Paul Volpe chopped, having aces against aces, while Chi Chan knocke out Sam Taylor to end the level on the real bubble.

They entered level 16, and on one table Ross Mallor got it all in with AK against Ben Cade's queens. With the TV crew waiting, Mallor hit a king on the flop to double up and duly celebrated.

On another table, Matthew Hopkins 3-bet with his 8BB stack with A5, hoping to get it through, but the original raiser Byron McVay had other ideas, his AQ dominating Hopkins' hand. Hopkins got no help on the flop or the turn, and the river ace gave both men one pair with McVay's kicker playing and 1182 players were in the money. Hopkins, as is traditional these days, got a consolation prize of a seat into next year's Main.

In Sun Geoum holds the chip lead ahead of Frank Flowers (who sounds like 80s Mobster to me) and Alexander Wong.

The first well known player is in 10th spot, the only female player ever to reach the Main Event FT - Barbara Enright who finished 5th way back in 1995.

Four more former winners bit the dust - Messrs Hellmuth, Nguyen, Varkonyi and Merson, leaving only Tom McEvoy, Chris Ferguson, Joe Cada & Jonathan Duhamel dreaming of a second title.

Of the British challenge, Daniel Merrilees has he biggest stack with Richard Gryko and Chris Moorman close behind. Chris DaSilva, Ludovic Geilich, Daniel Tang, Thomas Macdonald, Robert Sherwood, Phillip Mighall, William Chattaway, Thomas Hall, Chun Yam, Jack O'Neill, Martin Malone and Ba Dinh are all inside the Top 500. Liv Boeree, James Akenhead and Jake Cody are still in a little further down the listing, but it looks like Stuart Rutter has been eliminated.

Event 66 - $1500 NLH, Day 3 of 4, 1351 entrants

Longsheng Tan made it 2 days in a row as chip leader, with 6 players battling through Day 3.

It's an all US board, Adam Laskey and Stephen Bierman lying second and third, the latter suffering a one-orbit penalty at one point after a verbal confrontation with Trey Brabham who is also still in contention but holds the shortest stack.

Event 67 - $1500 PLO Bounty (fixed $500 bounties), Day 2 of 3, 833 entries

Ten left here, with Matt O'Donnell holding a sizeable chip lead over Anderson Ireland and Hai Chu.

Florian Duta was last Brit standing, bowing out in 24th and collecting $3946 (plus any bounties he may have taken.

Event 68 - The Little One For One Drop, $1000 + $111 NLH, Day 1A, 947 entries

Less than a quarter of the players from Day 1A have made it through, the 194 survivors led by John Utley, with Spain's Alberto Rodriguez and 2016 November Niner, Kenny Hallaert of Belgium.

Brits through are Harry Lodge, Ian Simpson, Adrien Delmas, Ben Farell and Paul Byrne

Some other big names (presumably after being knocked out of the Main) include Phil Laak and Calvin Anderson, both inside the top ten, Sorel Mizzi, Martin Finger, Dominik Nitsche and David "ODB" Baker.

To Start Today
None, but it is Day 1B of the Little One For One Drop.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 08, 2018, 01:31:56 PM »

The WSOP Updates page is offline at present, so I can't check it, but it would be amazing if this were true;

The first well known player is in 10th spot, the only female player ever to reach the Main Event FT - Barbara Enright who finished 5th way back in 1995.

Barbara is 68.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 08, 2018, 09:57:49 PM »

The WSOP Updates page is offline at present, so I can't check it, but it would be amazing if this were true;

Barbara is 68.

Think they added a zero to chip count as she had 120k not 1.2mill

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 09, 2018, 07:05:26 AM »

Barbara is 68.

Think they added a zero to chip count as she had 120k not 1.2mill

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense, thanks Simon. It was hard to believe Barbara could have a Top Ten stack, all things considered.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 09, 2018, 07:06:28 AM »

Main Event - Day 4 update

As expected, post bubble, exits have been coming thick and fast and we're down to just over 900 players left

Brits gone so far
977 Yudhishter Jaswal
985 Philip Ward
1002 Colin Guthrie
1015 Ba Dinh
1038 Charles Clark
1052 Jake Cody
1098 Paul Otto
1100 Daniel McAulay
1126 Thomas Ward
1170 Mitesh Patel
1178 Steffen Kylevik

Others
933 Day 2AB chip leader Shawn Daniels
950 Vladimir Geshkenbein
982 Jamie Kerstetter
983 Yevgeniy Timoshenko
995 Pierre Neuville
1025 Marvin Rettenmaier
1059 Illya Trincher
1088 Ryan Laplante
1111 Max Altergott

Frank Flowers has become the first player with over 2million chips. Farukh Tach from the Netherlands has chipped up considerably while Messrs Merrilees, Moorman and Gryko all appear to have had good starts to Day 4

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 09, 2018, 07:07:00 AM »

800-900 exits
814 Patrik Antonius
822 Jack ONeill (one of two Brits in this batch)
834 Barry Greenstein
839 Martin Malone (the other Brit)
874 Jared Bleznick
888 Chip Jett

Current payout level is $18340.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 09, 2018, 07:07:29 AM »

700-800

We've lost another couple of UK players - Ben Cade in 799th for $18340 and Richard Howe in 708th ($19900)

This batch saw the exit of a number of well known female players (Loni Harewood, Jackie Glazier & Melanie Wiesner) plus probably India's best known player Aditya Agarwal, Taylor Paur and Chris Klodnicki.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: