blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Nadal / Woods / Neither ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nadal / Woods / Neither ?  (Read 30433 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2019, 02:44:00 PM »

Who said 'drugs don't work'?

The Verve

Me after Vegas 2006 Cheesy

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2022, 02:16:49 PM »

Nadal all day

Bump

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2022, 03:09:12 PM »

whats that since thread started 7 for Nadal and one for Wood?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2022, 03:51:25 PM »

I will have 25% of my roll on neither at 2/1.

Possibly (maybe definitely) the most stupid and clueless post i have ever made!  It takes some beating as well.  As much as i really dislike Nadal i think its hard to argue given his injuries he is probably going to retire as the GOAT.   Surely people can't still have Fed as the GOAT ?   The guy is on a par with Phillip Douglas Taylor as the most insane grinder in sporting history with relatively limited  natural talent compared to his success.   His desire and work ethic is truly insane.   It's so hard  to believe he is still only 36.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 03:58:58 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2022, 05:00:19 PM »

Sport really does has the ability to make fools of us.

Deffo a thread that's worth reading back again.

And again!
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2022, 05:20:26 PM »

Possibly (maybe definitely) the most stupid and clueless post i have ever made!  It takes some beating as well.  As much as i really dislike Nadal i think its hard to argue given his injuries he is probably going to retire as the GOAT.   Surely people can't still have Fed as the GOAT ?   The guy is on a par with Phillip Douglas Taylor as the most insane grinder in sporting history with relatively limited  natural talent compared to his success.   His desire and work ethic is truly insane.   It's so hard  to believe he is still only 36.

I think Nadal has to be the GOAT at this point. I campaigned for Fed for a long time, because his style of play and shotmaking ability, which I prefer over the other 2. But now hes 2 ahead, with the promise of more to come.

I really hope he finishes on more than Djokovic. I feel like Djoko won a fair few of his when other members of the big 4 were injured, I don't enjoy his style too much, and most of all, I've never warmed to the guy!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2022, 04:52:22 PM »

I think Nadal has to be the GOAT at this point. I campaigned for Fed for a long time, because his style of play and shotmaking ability, which I prefer over the other 2. But now hes 2 ahead, with the promise of more to come.

I really hope he finishes on more than Djokovic. I feel like Djoko won a fair few of his when other members of the big 4 were injured, I don't enjoy his style too much, and most of all, I've never warmed to the guy!

I agree i don't think there is any metric Federer can be considered the goat other than easy on the eye right?   The other two have won more (with more to come) in a much more brutal era than the bulk of Fed's relatively soft fields for the fiirst half of his slams.   I never thought i would say these words but i think Nadal is the GOAT.  If  he someone wins Wimbledon this year (and god forbid the us open) for the calendar year slam  its all  over.  Djok has to win  Wimbledon  this year to stay in the GOAT race.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2022, 12:08:12 PM »

I agree i don't think there is any metric Federer can be considered the goat other than easy on the eye right?   The other two have won more (with more to come) in a much more brutal era than the bulk of Fed's relatively soft fields for the fiirst half of his slams.   I never thought i would say these words but i think Nadal is the GOAT.  If  he someone wins Wimbledon this year (and god forbid the us open) for the calendar year slam  its all  over.  Djok has to win  Wimbledon  this year to stay in the GOAT race.

For Nadal to be the GOAT we’d have to set aside all the talk of his bulk and physique being anything other than genetics plus training. Based on some earlier comments in this very thread, that seems like a bit of an ask.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2023, 01:29:18 PM »

Think we're finally near the end of the Tiger Woods story.

Been painful to watch him struggling so badly this week. He's just withdrawn, sitting in last position.

I think he calls time on the amazing career sometime very soon

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2023, 02:50:00 PM »

I think he'll play the Open anyway as not such an arduous walk as Augusta. The breaks and consequent longer days this week gave him no chance to recover.   
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: