blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:45:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Thread 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Thread 2018/19  (Read 101421 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2018, 03:13:17 PM »

Darnold

Rosen to giants or bills or broncos

Allen or Mayfield to jets

Chubb

Allen or Mayfield

Barkley to colts

That sort of thing, yes.

Jets have done a lot of work on the QB class. They'll presumably have 3 options they're happy with.

That or they're not finished yet!

Colts now have picks 6, 36, 37 and 49 and don't need a quarterback

They could of course flip 6 for 12/22 with the bills if one of the big four quarterbacks is there

Well you say they don't need a quarterback...

But yes, they should be getting some serious edge threat and an offensive line boost.

Bills are now in a difficult position.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2018, 03:16:12 PM »

Honeybadger has left Arizona, going to Houston, whose offer to him is $1m less.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2018, 03:19:32 PM »

Bills after this trade here's what a similar trade could look like with the Giants for 2 overall:

2018 First Rounder (#12 overall)
2018 First Rounder (#22 overall)
2018 Second Rounder (#53 overall)
2019 Second Rounder (TBD)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2018, 06:50:33 PM »

Bills beat writer take:

Jay Skurski
@JaySkurski

Using the Jimmy Johnson trade chart, the Jets traded away 2,956 points (1,600 for No. 6, 530 for 37, 410 for 49 and 416 for the average value of a 2019 second-rounder) for the third pick, which has a value of 2,200 points. It's going to cost the Bills a fortune to move to No. 2

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2018, 06:55:29 PM »

My immediate thought is stay at 12(ish) and use the picks on players to fill our many holes. We could take Jackson, Rudolph or even a falling one of the top 4 if we stay put.

It's the absolute house to be sold if we want to get number 2.

Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2018, 11:18:45 PM »

Tal sorry to hear you’ve signed bodine and newhouse.Really hope there backups no o-line deserves both.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2018, 06:42:17 AM »

Tal sorry to hear you’ve signed bodine and newhouse.Really hope there backups no o-line deserves both.

We are short on offensive linemen and money.

I think Newhouse will be a depth player. We have Dion Dawkins moving from right to left tackle (following Cordy Glenn's departure) and Jordan Mills will be playing RT, barring a surprise (or a steal in the draft).

Bodine has a chance to start at center. Ryan Groy is no better.

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2018, 02:02:24 PM »

Hmmmm

Today following Sam Darnold's pro day

@MoveTheSticks: "I would be very surprised...shocked...if he is not the first pick"

@BuckyBrooks: "I think it's a foregone conclusion Darnold is going to be the number one pick"

@joelklatt: "The No. 1 pick was solidified today."

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2018, 06:21:36 PM »

Hmmmm

Today following Sam Darnold's pro day

@MoveTheSticks: "I would be very surprised...shocked...if he is not the first pick"

@BuckyBrooks: "I think it's a foregone conclusion Darnold is going to be the number one pick"

@joelklatt: "The No. 1 pick was solidified today."

Clutching the tickets fervently...

Betstars have a market on the number of QBs drafted in the first round. Over 4.5 at 6/10 is too big.

Can you really see it being more than a 1 in 3 chance Rudolph AND Jackson slide to the second round?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2018, 06:31:31 PM »

5 is almost certain

would happily put the spread 5-6

The key thing is that to get the fifth year of rookie contract control you have to draft a player in the first round....for quarterbacks, frequently needing a few years of development, that fifth year is crucial hence we often see teams trade into the back end of the first round for quarterback

we can see the moves teams like the rams, eagles, chiefs etc can make because they have a cheap star rookie quarterback and lotsofsalary cap flexibility so the risk reward on seeing rudolph at pick 25-32 from a betting perspective is very attractive

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2018, 05:40:15 PM »

Blimey!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2018, 10:06:40 PM »

Reported that the Rams have held discussions with the Giants about trading for Odell Beckham Jr.

Any deal would likely involve a first round pick. Rams would be best off offering next year's, you'd think, as they might be in win now territory.

Imagine if they got OBJ and Suh!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2018, 10:14:22 PM »

How do they afford it? Have to pay Donald, peters this year and gurley in the next 2, Beckham needs a new contract and that's before you have to pay the QB in 3 years. I also think Hollywood would be bad news for a highly strung diva type such as OBJ.

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2018, 10:47:10 PM »

How do they afford it? Have to pay Donald, peters this year and gurley in the next 2, Beckham needs a new contract and that's before you have to pay the QB in 3 years. I also think Hollywood would be bad news for a highly strung diva type such as OBJ.

I guess the first thing to do is find a home for Tavon Austin (presumably a trade to NYG) for $8M off the cap. Maybe Michael Brockers too.

It'll take a Patriots/Seahawks level of convincing to get the buy-in from the players: we want to win now and we need everyone to accept a bit less.

Even still, this will take some work!

And agreed on Hollywood
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:59:16 PM by Tal » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2018, 11:23:05 PM »

Former Dolphins’ DT Ndamukong Suh reached agreement with Los Angeles Rams on a one-year, $14 million deal, per source. Suh took less to go to LA.

Suh and Aaron Donald now manning LA’s front.

So who gets the double team?!

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: