blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Thread 2018/19
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Thread 2018/19  (Read 101393 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 11:39:26 AM »

What's the situation now with Colin K?

Has he got a Team, & a Contract?

Neither.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 11:50:00 AM »

Neither.

What a weird story.

Guess he has stood up (well, NOT stood up....) for his principles, but his career is in ruins.

Not sure whether he should be admired or pitied for that, to be honest.

Can't help but think he'll look back in 10 years & regret losing such a wonderful career.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 11:58:06 AM »

Neither.

What a weird story.

Guess he has stood up (well, NOT stood up....) for his principles, but his career is in ruins.

Not sure whether he should be admired or pitied for that, to be honest.

Can't help but think he'll look back in 10 years & regret losing such a wonderful career.

What he's standing up for is so much more important than a game though. I reckon he'll play again, just need a team owner who's comfortable telling Trump to gfh.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2018, 12:14:52 PM »

I read something the other day that his legal team have been granted access to a Gazillion documents to put their case of collusion within the league together. On the face if it he looks to have a strong case.

A few weeks ago I saw a 'Quarter backs that have started in the league since Colin Kaepernick has been blackballed' list that was making the point that 'THESE' guys have jobs and he doesn't. I'm pretty sure the current Super Bowl MVP and owner of the TD that's was described as A TD that will be shown a billion times was one of the QB's listed too. Funny how things turn out.

He abs deserves to have a job given his talent so will be interesting to see if they can prove collusion.

On a side note I saw something on a Twitter feed reposted on Neil C's page that made an interesting point. The POTUS was making a point that Iranians were well within their rights to peacefully protest against unfair treatment and conditions that were unacceptable within Iran. That's the same POTUS that called NFL players lead by Kaepenicks example to peacefully kneel during the US anthem singing before each NFL game 'sons of bitches' and called for them to be sacked.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2018, 09:50:39 PM »

just did a a google search for new england patriots owner best google result ever

when ii first saw a photo of the result i thought it was photoshopped but nope see for yourselves

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2018, 05:45:20 PM »

One of the prospects at cornerback for the draft is Isaiah Oliver of the Colorado Buffaloes.

Currently not in my first round, I found out his athletics stats. Turns out he's handy as a decathlete:

https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/united-states/isaiah-oliver-014578399

Could be a decent combine time, even at 6 foot 2. A little raw in football terms but the right coaching could turn that sort of stat sheet into a pro bowler.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2018, 10:20:14 AM »

Today's reminder of the unpredictability of the draft:

The first 4 QBs drafted in 2012 threw 0 passes in 2017.
The 5th QB in 2012 was so bad, Houston gave up a second-round pick to get rid of his contract.
The 6th, 7th and 8th QBs were Russell Wilson, Nick Foles and Kirk Cousins.

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2018, 06:48:23 AM »

Where does Cousins go?

New York Jets

A good WR corps that did well with an unfavoured quarterback last year. Has a good relationship with the coaching staff. Talk of incredible money offers.

Cleveland Browns

Another team with $100m to spend. A better offensive line on paper than the Jets and a returning WR corps in Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon. Browns could go hard here, use picks 1 and 4 on positions of need, then maybe spend 33 or 35 on a development QB to sit behind him. Would be a dream scenario for them.

Denver Broncos

The last chance for this franchise before a possible rebuild, the Broncos have to gamble, if they want to make a playoff run. They desperately need a QB. The chance of a a gunslinger behind center gives this team a realistic prospect of challenging in the West.

Any others?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 08:43:50 AM »

Where does Cousins go?

New York Jets

A good WR corps that did well with an unfavoured quarterback last year. Has a good relationship with the coaching staff. Talk of incredible money offers.

Cleveland Browns

Another team with $100m to spend. A better offensive line on paper than the Jets and a returning WR corps in Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon. Browns could go hard here, use picks 1 and 4 on positions of need, then maybe spend 33 or 35 on a development QB to sit behind him. Would be a dream scenario for them.

Denver Broncos

The last chance for this franchise before a possible rebuild, the Broncos have to gamble, if they want to make a playoff run. They desperately need a QB. The chance of a a gunslinger behind center gives this team a realistic prospect of challenging in the West.

Any others?

Cardinals.

They've actually got a lot of holes, but defensively pretty good and I would argue they're better than the 3 teams above.

Vikings as a rank outsider, plenty of cap space, no qbs under contract. Could let Bradford, Keenum go, sign Teddy to a team friendly deal as backup and become potential NFC winners again.

From the sound of it though the Jets seen to be the favourites after offering him a blank cheque

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »

If you're moving for money, Jacksonville, Miami, Raiders, Seattle, Houston, Dallas look the places to be.

Cleveland nearly twice as good as New York!

Is there a way around these taxes or do players just have to suck it up?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2018, 08:31:50 AM »

Marcus Peters is a game-changer.

He’s forced 24 turnovers in 3 seasons.

19 INT
5 FF
5 FR
3 TD

He must be a real headache to be traded....

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2018, 09:44:16 PM »

talk of the Vikings ditching all 3 QBs and going for cousins

seems a strange one, with so many QBs at the top of the draft chart this year
will we see the end of the careers for some household names cant give them all roster spots

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2018, 09:52:17 PM »

talk of the Vikings ditching all 3 QBs and going for cousins

seems a strange one, with so many QBs at the top of the draft chart this year
will we see the end of the careers for some household names cant give them all roster spots

Keenum to Denver
Cousins to Minnesota
Darnold to Cleveland (maybe with Bradford)
Rosen to the GMen
McCown re-signs with the Jets (who also draft one)
Tyrod stays in Buffalo
Bridgwater to Arizona?

Is anyone of the view that Cousins is a top 12 QB? Someone is going to overpay.

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2018, 09:56:04 PM »

I think Cousins is a top 12 QB, yes

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2018, 10:03:12 PM »

I think Cousins is a top 12 QB, yes

He's average IMO. In the middle bracket.

Would rather take Keenum and two decent offensive linemen.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: