blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:39:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Thread 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Thread 2018/19  (Read 101878 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 13, 2020, 10:20:57 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Some game, that.

I have a feeling i should have cashed out my +10 at 24-0 .. Doh !

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 13, 2020, 04:29:31 PM »

Painful!

Great games last night, and the champs games should be super.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 15, 2020, 09:27:58 AM »

A couple of notable retirements announced yesterday:

Antonio Gates is an unsurprising one, unless you are someone who thought he'd already retired a few seasons ago.  He'll be a future Hall of Famer and, for those who've played Fantasy NFL, he was the 'must-own' ball-catching Tight End prior to Gronk's arrival on the scene.

The surprising one is Luke Kuechly, a player arguably still in the prime of his career.  He's been an outstanding linebacker for the Panthers, and someone I've frequently wished was on the Eagles roster when I've seen him play.  He's only 28, and has just come off a full season, so it looks to be a personal decision, rather than anything injury related.  Part of me suspects he may 'un-retire' at some point down the line, like Marshawn Lynch, but for now this is going to be a big loss for the Panthers, and for the wider NFL too.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: January 15, 2020, 06:17:32 PM »

A couple of notable retirements announced yesterday:

Antonio Gates is an unsurprising one, unless you are someone who thought he'd already retired a few seasons ago.  He'll be a future Hall of Famer and, for those who've played Fantasy NFL, he was the 'must-own' ball-catching Tight End prior to Gronk's arrival on the scene.

The surprising one is Luke Kuechly, a player arguably still in the prime of his career.  He's been an outstanding linebacker for the Panthers, and someone I've frequently wished was on the Eagles roster when I've seen him play.  He's only 28, and has just come off a full season, so it looks to be a personal decision, rather than anything injury related.  Part of me suspects he may 'un-retire' at some point down the line, like Marshawn Lynch, but for now this is going to be a big loss for the Panthers, and for the wider NFL too.

He's suffered from some pretty bad concussions, I think there's been 5 confirmed (might have been three, can't remember) but the last one kept him out quite a while, he's made $63m. Why risk your health further by continuing to play? I'd be surprised if he's back, from the video he looks like his mind is made up.

I think this could be a trend for players going forward to be honest, play through the rookie contract, get a big pay day, play another 3 or 4 years depending on health and then retire with your families life sorted for generations, Luke Kuechly retired at age 28, Megatron retired at age 30, Andrew Luck retired at age 29, Patrick Willis retired at age 30, Gronk retired at age 29.

It's a shame though as you say, one of the best in his position during his career. For me it's him in the NFC and was Shazier in the AFC, both played similarly and both are out of the league early in their careers but my god both were brilliant to watch on a weekly basis

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 16, 2020, 12:50:28 PM »

Cavey pretty much nailed it..by all accounts his an inteligent guy and im sure that money has been well invested.. i believe he still wants to play but he knows his real life after the game could be affected in major ways.. good luck to him was an awesome player

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 22, 2020, 12:40:45 PM »

Really? 400,000 fans attend the NFL Draft. Seriously?

Blimey.

Las Vegas Strip reportedly will be closed to traffic during the NFL draft

400,000 fans are expected to attend.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/21/las-vegas-strip-reportedly-will-be-closed-to-traffic-during-the-nfl-draft/

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 22, 2020, 05:59:54 PM »

Meh... seemed to be about the same number of people in the Starbies line at Cosmo every morning.

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #652 on: February 01, 2020, 10:03:06 PM »

You might have heard it's the Superbowl tomorrow... I've got my previews online now, Game preview, Novelty bets and a Props post as well!

Should be a cracking game

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 02, 2020, 10:00:13 AM »

You might have heard it's the Superbowl tomorrow... I've got my previews online now, Game preview, Novelty bets and a Props post as well!

Link?

Looking forward to an end to end game tonight. Hopefully enough of a pointfest to compensate for the halftime show (Hope I’m proved wrong about the show, though)

I’ll be supporting 49ers in tribute to Joe Montana, who is a true GOAT of the game.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 02, 2020, 11:07:41 AM »

Link?

Looking forward to an end to end game tonight. Hopefully enough of a pointfest to compensate for the halftime show (Hope I’m proved wrong about the show, though)

I’ll be supporting 49ers in tribute to Joe Montana, who is a true GOAT of the game.

I assume it's his blonde "signature" which is;

www.touchdowntips.com

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 02, 2020, 12:08:05 PM »

Big debate on what colour Gatorade will be tipped all over the winning coach. Purple has been bet in from the outsider to the favourite. Any thoughts?!?
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: February 02, 2020, 12:19:59 PM »

Link?

I assume it's his blonde "signature" which is;

www.touchdowntips.com

Cheers Tikay, I got moaned at a while ago for promoting my site, so thought this was the less obvious way of doing it

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: February 02, 2020, 12:21:29 PM »

Big debate on what colour Gatorade will be tipped all over the winning coach. Purple has been bet in from the outsider to the favourite. Any thoughts?!?

The rumour is that there's been an agreement for a Kobe tribute hence the Purple getting smashed in, but it means the others are at a decent price now... Andy Reid usually goes for Yellow/Green/Lime which is now 7/1 - He had it with the Eagles, he's had it the couple of times it's been done with the Chiefs - My money is there.

Purple was 14/1 earlier in the week but I missed all the rumours etc.

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: February 02, 2020, 12:22:48 PM »

Link?

The former Chiefs quarterback?

It should be a brilliant game and one I'm very much looking forward to, can't see anything over than points and I'll hate the 49ers forever if they keep the Chiefs quiet and make it a shit game  Grin

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 02, 2020, 02:05:46 PM »

The rumour is that there's been an agreement for a Kobe tribute hence the Purple getting smashed in, but it means the others are at a decent price now... Andy Reid usually goes for Yellow/Green/Lime which is now 7/1 - He had it with the Eagles, he's had it the couple of times it's been done with the Chiefs - My money is there.

Purple was 14/1 earlier in the week but I missed all the rumours etc.

didn't the lakers play in yellow? And how is tipping a sugary energy drink over someone a tribute? dones't make sense!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: