blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Thread 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Thread 2018/19  (Read 101387 times)
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: May 13, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »

May be different now, they were from 11 days ago, but I agree, he's a shout.

I'd be shocked if it's not Kyler, and it's something I prefer to wait till in season though, it's basically Rookie of the final month or so with the voting. (I'm still bitter Dak beat Zeke, not a chance that was the correct choice)

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 13, 2019, 09:19:53 PM »

May be different now, they were from 11 days ago, but I agree, he's a shout.

I'd be shocked if it's not Kyler, and it's something I prefer to wait till in season though, it's basically Rookie of the final month or so with the voting. (I'm still bitter Dak beat Zeke, not a chance that was the correct choice)

On Kyler, let's remember this is an attempt to bring the Air Raid Offense to the NFL from college, with a first time NFL head coach who hasn't coached in the NFL at all before. Kyler is a good fit for it, but they are hugely reliant on a borderline retiring Larry Fitz and a David Johnson who was poor last season. The offensive line is poor and the whole system is far from guaranteed to work. Oh and Murray isn't the best QB in this draft class.

Forgive me, but I'm not a buyer. I will of course be reviewing this when they're 10-6 and scoring points for fun...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: May 13, 2019, 09:36:11 PM »

Oh, there's very little chance they finish with a positive record.

But.

Last year they had backups in on the O-line for most of the season, they've signed 2 or 3, and drafted a couple as well as getting 1 or 2 back from injury, it's a new unit. They also severely lacked WRs, Kirk looked good before injury, they drafted 3 and picked up Clay to add to the TE's. Being such a mobile QB should help as well. I'm kinda bullish on the Cards this year, but I went through their schedule and had them Under their current win total. It's a horrible schedule for them!

You're right on the air raid too, could be a horrible mess at this level, but time will tell I guess.

Big side note - Peter King has the Bengals ranked 30 in his power rankings... Only the Dolphins and Cards below them.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 13, 2019, 10:11:54 PM »

Oh, there's very little chance they finish with a positive record.

But.

Last year they had backups in on the O-line for most of the season, they've signed 2 or 3, and drafted a couple as well as getting 1 or 2 back from injury, it's a new unit. They also severely lacked WRs, Kirk looked good before injury, they drafted 3 and picked up Clay to add to the TE's. Being such a mobile QB should help as well. I'm kinda bullish on the Cards this year, but I went through their schedule and had them Under their current win total. It's a horrible schedule for them!

You're right on the air raid too, could be a horrible mess at this level, but time will tell I guess.

Big side note - Peter King has the Bengals ranked 30 in his power rankings... Only the Dolphins and Cards below them.

Fine, lots of bodies. The left tackle position is massive in that system and they have DJ Humphries (who has had chronic injury issues) and then a bunch of developmental blokes. I'm not being all Skipp Bayless and dramatic on them for the sake of it. This could work out well, but it's going to take a while, as there are simply so many holes and this isn't an easy division or 2019 schedule, as you say.

The bengals look a distant 4th best in the North. I love Jonah Williams, but wish he'd gone to a better team. I think the Ravens retain the division by the way. Sneaky good team again.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 22, 2019, 09:33:30 PM »

NFL London ticket details released today.  Existing season ticket holders do not get priority for games at White Hart Lane, as previously advertised as a benefit when selling season tickets last season.  Understandable uproar to the news.

Basically, White Hart Lane will be a clickfest, and the tickets will end up on secondary sites in the hands of touts, rather than those who've invested and supported these games consistently since season tickets were made available.

Pathetic decision.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #560 on: July 12, 2019, 10:46:10 PM »

Have put out a few articles this week with antepost stuff, a lot of the leading XXXX markets covered and a lot of middle opportunities on QB passing yards which I know might interest a few of you chaps
 Click to see full-size image.

365/Skybet/Redzone in the 5th column

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 12, 2019, 10:56:01 PM »

Just be mindful of the juice, Cavey.

Def want the price in the cells if you can, as getting Evs on each side is great and 5/6 each side is unlikely to be profitable

Great work though to compile this. Thanks.

My copy of Sharp's Football Analysis arrived yesterday. Luvvly jubbly.

Is it time yet?

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: July 12, 2019, 11:09:47 PM »

Just be mindful of the juice, Cavey.

Def want the price in the cells if you can, as getting Evs on each side is great and 5/6 each side is unlikely to be profitable

Great work though to compile this. Thanks.

My copy of Sharp's Football Analysis arrived yesterday. Luvvly jubbly.

Is it time yet?

Yeah I put in the article about the juice, skybet are all 5/6 and Redzone 10/11 so at most you're losing £17 per 100 (365 seem to be the only ones altering the juice rather than number) and i've stated my inclination if you wanna go heavier on one side to potentially cover that.

I got the PDF version of Sharps book and using my 300 pages per month from HP to print it off and get it binded properly, it's amazing for nerds

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 16, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »

Quality line from a book I’m reading. Talking about his high school football a formerly successful line backer at Penn State.

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch:

“Coach Graham was old school, I mean really old school, like he thought a forward pass was a trick play”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 20, 2019, 10:50:03 AM »

Quite sure this is video-shopped, but even so it did make me laugh.....

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1152221000244879360

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: July 21, 2019, 09:38:01 AM »

Quite sure this is video-shopped, but even so it did make me laugh.....

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1152221000244879360

I still laugh every time I see it.

Meanwhile, this one IS real;

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1151508874404474881

12 years old, 6 foot, 180lbs Shocked

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 22, 2019, 02:24:12 PM »

What NFL Podcasts does everyone listen too?

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: July 22, 2019, 06:07:39 PM »

I get through a lot, one of the benefits of being a postman.

The American ones -

Around the NFL (fun and informative)
Rotoworld (fantasy based but also quite funny)
RJ Bells dream preview (Betting based, very knowledgeable and nerdy, Fezzik, RJ and Brad Powers)
Sports Gambling network (Betting based, might be a tough listen at the start, they're dicks, but once you get used to them, quite funny and good at what they do)
Ross Tuckers Even Money (Betting based, has Steve Fezzik on who won the Westgate Supercontest twice)
The Fantasy Footballers (self explanatory)

British Based

The Full10yards, I'm on the betting pods when they do one, so that's my endorsement there.
The NFL Show (Nat Coombs' vehicle, Mike Carlson etc)
The Gridiron Gentlemen (Nerdy as hell but they know their stuff, currently on top 10 of X position, last week was Cornerbacks)
Kickers Matter (Southerners, sweary and not the most professional but they know their stuff, fantasy based)

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 22, 2019, 06:45:34 PM »

Around the NFL (light-hearted and NFL owned, but four sports writers with experience and who "get" the fan side of the game)

Stick to Football (mixture of college and NFL analysis. Main guy, Matt Miller, is a fantastic draft scout)

Rotoworld Football Podcast (good reviews of news, with some tidbits of analysis)

MMQB (Tends to be deeper stuff about the stories. Well connected people)

Move the Sticks (another NFL owned podcast, so corporate line very much toed, but you get great insight into the inner-workings of teams)

The Lefkoe Show (Bleacher Report's top interviewer. Has a very pro-player style, which means he gets good interviews, often with minor or relatively low profile players)

Phil Simms Unbuttoned (former broadcast partner of Adam Lefkoe. Now has a gig with CBS, so is doing a podcast for them and PFF. Former QB so has great insight into what life is like as a - in his case - jobbing pro)

Inside the Huddle (Sky Sports podcast with Neil and Jeff. It's lower level than those above, but all opinions welcome!)

NFL Show (same as above, really, with Nat Coombs and "Iron" Mike Carlson)

The Late Round Podcast (JJ Zacharison, chief writer at NumberFire and FanDuel, does short, analytics-based podcasts with fantasy at its core).

Those are my regulars. I will add various teams' "Locked On" podcasts if researching that team.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 22, 2019, 07:29:32 PM »

Thanks Lads.

Plenty to be getting on with.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: