blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:51:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  MVG plays with the big boys? From 5pm tonight, The Big Game: LIVE
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MVG plays with the big boys? From 5pm tonight, The Big Game: LIVE  (Read 4438 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »

Mypartypokerlive will be showing coverage of the MILLIONS Germany festival live over the next week

Starting this weekend with 36 hours continuous coverage of The Big Game, €50-100 NLHE and PLO will kick off at 6pm CET today and run non-stop until 6am on Monday, 12th February.

The initial line up is

1.  Rob Yong

2. Sam Trickett

3. Isildur

4. The Wolf

5. partypoker’s Online Qualifier

6. Leon Tsoukernik

7. Tony G

8. Darts legend Michael Van Gerwen

The vote-off feature has been brought back for Big Game VIII, which means that every three hours, viewers vote to save their favourite players in the game. The player with the least votes gets the chop

The live stream of the game will be hosted by Marianela Pereyra, previously of high stakes cash game show Poker After Dark, with commentary from Jesse May, Simon Trumper, James Dempsey plus more guests.

The game will be broadcast live in full across the mypartypokerLIVE mobile platforms and partypokerTV.

For UK Viewers partypokerTV (Sky Channel 468) will broadcast The Big Game LIVE from 11pm to 1am (UK time) on Saturday and Sunday night.

Over the rest of the festival the broadcast schedule on mypartypokerlive (from noon CET daily) is as follows:

Super HR Final Table on Tuesday 13th

Main Event Feature Table Wednesday 14th to Saturday 17th

Main event Final Table Sunday 18th

The link to watch and vote from 6pm CET is https://mypartypokerlive.com/en/event/millions-germany/big-game

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 12:23:38 AM »

Really enjoying this game tonight, and last night was good, too.

Flushy & Jesse are a great commentary team, and MVG is a funny guy.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 07:50:31 AM »

Yes, quite enjoyable, & Flushy is pretty decent as a commentator. Slightly annoying is that the table is "miced-up" so you can hear the banter - great stuff - but Jesse & Flushy talk OVER the table talk, so you end up half hearing two convos. One or the other would be fine, but not both. 

I preferred the PLO on Saturday - so unusual to see PLO screened "live".

The amounts on the table during the PLO were a bit obscene, with €6,400 straddles commonplace, & a few occasions where players played "blind". Something about that made me uncomfortable, that folks can splash such some around with such abandon, but I guess that's how high stakes poker works. 

Good stuff though, & it makes decent pre-bed late-night viewing.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:21:50 PM »

can you watch archives of these?

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 12:26:51 PM »

They're all posted on this YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/blackyatellem/videos
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 04:07:52 PM »

Yes, quite enjoyable, & Flushy is pretty decent as a commentator. Slightly annoying is that the table is "miced-up" so you can hear the banter - great stuff - but Jesse & Flushy talk OVER the table talk, so you end up half hearing two convos. One or the other would be fine, but not both. 

The amounts on the table during the PLO were a bit obscene, with €6,400 straddles commonplace, & a few occasions where players played "blind". Something about that made me uncomfortable, that folks can splash such some around with such abandon, but I guess that's how high stakes poker works. 

I saw a bit of the PLO, and saw Tony G stick 80 grand in pre with QJT8 Cheesy

Between Vlogs, and these cash games, they've got me excited for summer, and I might even give some cash away at the Nugget 1/2 in June!

du pont

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 08:39:48 PM »

du pont

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 08:45:51 PM »

Really agree with TiKay, sometimes wish the commenters would stay quiet so we can enjoy the table banter. It more interesting/entertaining listening to MVG and Rob joking about fixing dart games than Flushy and Co talking over. In fact it's frustrating!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 10:12:39 PM »

Really agree with TiKay, sometimes wish the commenters would stay quiet so we can enjoy the table banter. It more interesting/entertaining listening to MVG and Rob joking about fixing dart games than Flushy and Co talking over. In fact it's frustrating!

The commentary is excellent, very enjoyable, but so is the table banter. The convo you mention between Rob and MVG was fascinating, and very funny, but it was really hard to hear as Jesse and James were talking above it.

I can only imagine they don't have a Producer or Director, as it makes no sense to have two audio feeds at the same time, it's almost impossible to listen to two convos about different things, both very interesting, at the same time.

I'd love to listen to both, it's all good, but it ends up as 4 people talking and two convos, nobody can listen to both at the same time, we end up hearing neither properly.

That apart, it's good TV, and it's free to view, so deffo not complaining. Much prefer it to the more slick and Corporate 'Stars stuff.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 12:08:54 PM »

watching this now... are Jesse May and Simon Trumper honestly suggesting that MVG would be a "huge" favourite at darts vs someone if he was blindfolded?

I'm in for betting 5/4 on the non blindfolded guy!

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 01:11:34 PM »

watching this now... are Jesse May and Simon Trumper honestly suggesting that MVG would be a "huge" favourite at darts vs someone if he was blindfolded?

The T20 scoring wouldn't be such an issue as adjusting for the doubles.  Surely it would be close on impossible to play darts blind folded no matter how good you are?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 02:26:59 PM »

The T20 scoring wouldn't be such an issue as adjusting for the doubles.  Surely it would be close on impossible to play darts blind folded no matter how good you are?

OK OK I'll take 6/5 lets go Smiley

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 02:55:10 PM »

the key is whether someone is allowed to guide MVG to the oche whenever it is his throw. If he is allowed a 'helper' then I like his chances a bit more!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 07:00:47 PM »

the key is whether someone is allowed to guide MVG to the oche whenever it is his throw. If he is allowed a 'helper' then I like his chances a bit more!

haha yeh, if he's blind folded 100% of the time with no assistance he's odds on to trip over at some point, just figuring out where the board is would be remarkable Tongue

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: