blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:59:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Driving with the inside light on in the car.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Driving with the inside light on in the car.  (Read 2979 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2018, 08:37:15 AM »

You see the odd car going past with the inside light on.

I have pretty much zero tolerence of the kids putting an internsl light on whilst driving.  Anybody in the front seat has to face their tab/phone away from me too.  Whilst not as annoying as putting the light on, it is still annoying enough. 

I was just wondering if there are people here who can happily drive at night with the inside light on?  Or if you allow it, how long before it must go off.  Not sure my kids dare put it on at all right now.

If that isn't ok, what about someone watching a tab/laptop in the front seat?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 08:42:18 AM »

Cant say I’ve noticed the lights thing, doesn’t bother me someone on phone or tablet next to me though.

Shouldn’t have laughed at this but did....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-28880647
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 08:56:00 AM »

I don't like anyone to put the curtesy light on while I'm driving but I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I do put it on at night, then I lower the steering wheel so that I can steer with my knees leaving my hands free to eat fish and chips.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 08:57:56 AM »

I don't like anyone to put the curtesy light on while I'm driving but I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I do put it on at night, then I lower the steering wheel so that I can steer with my knees leaving my hands free to eat fish and chips.

So how do you use the 'phone?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 08:59:16 AM »

I have pretty much zero tolerence of the kids putting an internsl light on whilst driving.  Anybody in the front seat has to face their tab/phone away from me too.  Whilst not as annoying as putting the light on, it is still annoying enough. 

I was just wondering if there are people here who can happily drive at night with the inside light on?  Or if you allow it, how long before it must go off.  Not sure my kids dare put it on at all right now.

100% with you on this.

Anyone turns my car interior light on whilst I'm driving is gonna get an earful.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 09:00:46 AM »

100% with you on this.

Anyone turns my car interior light on whilst I'm driving is gonna get an earful.

Of smoke?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 09:01:56 AM »

100% with you on this.

Of smoke?

I'm 2 weeks shy of a smoke-free year Mr M. Or should that be Mr Mc?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 09:13:20 AM »

Cant say I’ve noticed the lights thing, doesn’t bother me someone on phone or tablet next to me though.

Shouldn’t have laughed at this but did....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-28880647

Is this like that pie eating goalkeeper, and The Sun slipped him a few quid to appear on the safety camera reading the paper?

Two more things.  I thought he was dead, or is that another thread?  How the hell did I not know Royston Vasey was named after him?  It feels like the sort of trivia I'd have heard 20 times.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 09:17:33 AM »

100% with you on this.

Of smoke?

It should be Mr T you crazy fool.

PS- I know that reference is too obscure for someone with your restricted televisual tastes.

PPS- WWP on the smoking.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 09:27:27 AM »

100% with you on this.

Of smoke?

It should be Mr T you crazy fool.

PS- I know that reference is too obscure for someone with your restricted televisual tastes.

PPS- WWP on the smoking.

A better adjective would be enlightened.

Some great back to back TV last night. A 2 hour documentary on the Moody Blues, followed by a 1 hour jobbie about Annie Nightingale. Physically, I thought Annie had not worn at all well, but then I went to Wiki & discovered she is 77. Wow.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 10:13:25 AM »

Did you watch the Old Grey Whistle Test anniversary thingy on BBC 4?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 10:22:50 AM »

Yes I did...

Was the Annie Nightingale thing on BBC4 too?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 10:24:36 AM »

No. Not a great fan of OGWT.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 10:34:27 AM »

Yes I did...

Was the Annie Nightingale thing on BBC4 too?

Yes.

Well worth a watch, & I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It was a 60 year popular music dialogue, almost the backstory to our lives, but Annie is "counter-culture", you know, punk, garage, electric, raves, grime, garage, all that sort of shite. Not my thing really, I'm more mainstream, Eagles, Aerosmith, GNR, Chillis & so on, but I was interested in hearing, from her own mouth, the Annie Nightingale story.  She told it well, too, really well, quite biting at times.

She hates what she called "Hallmark Cards" lyrics, "I will always love you" bollox, but she adored, say, Ian Dury, Eminem, The Clash, & all the underground stuff.  I cba with that sort of stuff, but watching the Show I suddenly realised I actually DO like a lot of it - Eminem, Ian Dury & so on. But not The Clash, please God, oh no. Maybe I'll grow into it when I get older. 

Here you go David, I am 99% certain you will enjoy this. Really well Directed & Produced, just Annie talking straight to camera intercut with band footage.

Excuse the dreadful Show Title though. Bird on the Wireless. Ugh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011mb8d/annie-nightingale-bird-on-the-wireless

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 11:01:09 AM »

I love the title, but I'm a big fan of titles that have had some thought put into them.

While doing my OGWT research, I came across this.

According to presenter Bob Harris, the programme derived its name from a Tin Pan Alley phrase from years before. When they got the first pressing of a record they would play it to people they called the old greys – doormen in grey suits. Any song they could remember and whistle, having heard it just once or twice, had passed the old grey whistle test

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: