blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:58:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big if's....
Poll
Question: Wo would win the group?
Arsenal 03-04 - 6 (13.3%)
Chelsea 04-05 - 3 (6.7%)
United 07-08 - 17 (37.8%)
City 17-18 - 19 (42.2%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big if's....  (Read 3109 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 02:55:59 PM »

I’m not buying the “it’s a weak league” view either.

The domination by the big boys now is no different to the domination by the Big 4 in the time-frame covered by the poll in the Tighty’s OP.

In the 5 seasons 03/04 – 07/08 the Big 4 lost just over 9% of games against non- Big 4 opposition.

We now have a Big 6 and since the Leicester season they have lost nearly 12% of games against non-Big 6 opposition.

Also, whilst English teams haven’t been as dominant in Europe in recent years, progress so far in this year’s Champions League suggests that is changing.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 06:11:05 PM »

Maybe a touch of recency bias but I thought the majority of the teams in the league that season were genuinely competitive, which is what enabled Leicester to win as they were all capable of taking points off the big teams. This season there is a massive gap between the top 5 and the rest. Burnley remained in 7th despite falling to win a game for two and a half months. The bottom half of the league is essentially just a bunch of Championship sides in all but name.

Yes City are brilliant, and I'm sure in any given season they'd do damage at the top of the league, but on this season's form its like having a grade 1 horse entered in a seller.

That's not because its a weak league, it's because this City team are devastating.

Look at the goals scored, the lack of goals conceded, the goal difference, the wins on the bounce, the stats for every game, the various broken records....it is an incred disservice to suggest that all this is in part due to a weak league.

Chompy and Flushy say it better than I ever can.

Best Bitter.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 06:56:30 PM »

The only English side that gets close to comparing is the Arse in their pomp. They then and City now make it look like theyre playing a different game to everyone else. Not just better at doing the same stuff.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: