blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:49:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WPT500 advice
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WPT500 advice  (Read 14738 times)
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2018, 12:20:33 PM »

day 2 - continued

Before more hand updates, I’ll share some interesting background:

- when I was young, foolish, and wanted ‘the lot’ too soon, I racked up a lot of debt playing online at stakes beyond my bankroll and ability. An example of my folly was buying into a 25-50 Euro big blind game with 5,000 Euros, pretty much my entire bankroll, to see if I could spin up. I played for twenty minutes, and soon realised that ever single open was being three-bet, so of course I defaulted to a open/four-bet strategy! 🤣 Remarkably, it worked four or five times without a five bet, and I span upto 6,800 Euros before snap closing table - shaking from the adrenaline and madness of it all. It is literally a completely different game at those stakes. With such a sound bankroll strategy,  you can imagine it wasn’t long before I’d exhausted all lines of monies.... this led to me self-excluding from online accounts and veering away from online poker, primarily restricting myself to the occasional small-medium range, live tournament. One of the closed online accounts was 888, who sponsored the WPT500, and so before setting off to play the £30 satellite I emailed then to check if I could play as ‘I didn’t want to encounter any issues should I be lucky enough to cash’ 🤣. Fortunately, they came back really quickly, and so I set off to Stratford - if it’d been another hour I’d have missed the satellite and that would have been that!

- I only played as my partner happened to be away for the week, and I was home alone, bored - any other week and I don’t play, life is weird 🤨

- throughout day 1, day 2 and the FT I sat next to Getnet (eventual runner up) aside from maybe two hours on day 2 - he was always on my right, raising like a machine for the whole tournament - this definitely worked in my favour as I can recall several spots where I would have opened and got myself into potentially tournament ending spots.... I was happy to let him pick up lots of small pots and pick my battles with weaker spots, 3-betting him with premiums / calling certain ranges in the B.B.

- Getnet has a silent ‘t’, but I pronounced it Get Net.... he didn’t correct me once, despite playing together for thirty hours or so ☺️

- Our day 1 FT also had Charles Akadiri, who I commented played really well on the opening page, with Charles, Getnet and I qualifying in first, second and third position from our day 1. I think there were maybe 17 day ones, and us three would go on to finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the tournament - what are the odds, eh!

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2018, 12:30:36 PM »

day 2 - continued

Before more hand updates, I’ll share some interesting background:

- when I was young, foolish, and wanted ‘the lot’ too soon, I racked up a lot of debt playing online at stakes beyond my bankroll and ability. An example of my folly was buying into a 25-50 Euro big blind game with 5,000 Euros, pretty much my entire bankroll, to see if I could spin up. I played for twenty minutes, and soon realised that ever single open was being three-bet, so of course I defaulted to a open/four-bet strategy! 🤣 Remarkably, it worked four or five times without a five bet, and I span upto 6,800 Euros before snap closing table - shaking from the adrenaline and madness of it all. It is literally a completely different game at those stakes. With such a sound bankroll strategy,  you can imagine it wasn’t long before I’d exhausted all lines of monies.... this led to me self-excluding from online accounts and veering away from online poker, primarily restricting myself to the occasional small-medium range, live tournament. One of the closed online accounts was 888, who sponsored the WPT500, and so before setting off to play the £30 satellite I emailed then to check if I could play as ‘I didn’t want to encounter any issues should I be lucky enough to cash’ 🤣. Fortunately, they came back really quickly, and so I set off to Stratford - if it’d been another hour I’d have missed the satellite and that would have been that!

- I only played as my partner happened to be away for the week, and I was home alone, bored - any other week and I don’t play, life is weird 🤨

- throughout day 1, day 2 and the FT I sat next to Getnet (eventual runner up) aside from maybe two hours on day 2 - he was always on my right, raising like a machine for the whole tournament - this definitely worked in my favour as I can recall several spots where I would have opened and got myself into potentially tournament ending spots.... I was happy to let him pick up lots of small pots and pick my battles with weaker spots, 3-betting him with premiums / calling certain ranges in the B.B.

- Getnet has a silent ‘t’, but I pronounced it Get Net.... he didn’t correct me once, despite playing together for thirty hours or so ☺️

- Our day 1 FT also had Charles Akadiri, who I commented played really well on the opening page, with Charles, Getnet and I qualifying in first, second and third position from our day 1. I think there were maybe 17 day ones, and us three would go on to finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the tournament - what are the odds, eh!

I'm intrigued and I'm sure I'm not the only person - which 't' is silent in Getnet? or is it both?

PS. Well done on the result

Ah! The element of surprise
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2018, 12:55:24 PM »

I believe both! Phonetically it’s something like ge-nay
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2018, 11:15:29 PM »

The 7’s hand put me in a comfortable spot, and then I woke up with  in the BB... folds round to the SB who jams 120k with  😃

No sweat, and we’re upto 650k.

Shortly after I open at 6-12k to 30k in late position and get three-bet to 77k by the SB. I call, and flop comes:

Check - check

Bet 80k, I call

Check-check

SB shows Kings, and with that we’re upto 1 million.

An uneventful level of two, in which I drifted back to maybe 850k, and then look down at in the hijack.

I raise to 35k at 16k BB....

Button goes all in for around 350k....

Small blind snap RESHOVEs for around 800k 😲😲😲

Button shows 
SB shows 

A lovely  two hearts three diamonds board and we hit the 2m mark
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2018, 01:09:37 PM »

just catching up.....very well played.

Thanks for the updates
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2018, 12:47:33 AM »

An uneventful level of two, in which I drifted back to maybe 850k, and then look down at in the hijack.

I raise to 35k at 16k BB....

Button goes all in for around 350k....

Small blind snap RESHOVEs for around 800k 😲😲😲

Handy

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2018, 04:53:14 PM »

One eventful moment, Martin Jacobson has just got knocked out (last 27-ish) and is about to scarper off..., my long time table mate, soon to be event runner up, Getnet, rubs (was going to correct this, but actually...) after him for a chat and photo. Mid-chat I drop in ‘so, Martin, have you ever ran well in a big tournament?’ Top bloke actually, very down to earth, must be tough when you hit the stars 🌟

I’ll be honest, last 27 to FT is a blur, was well 🍻 by then, so not much recall on hands - it was a bit of a cruise, always slightly above average, and last 15 or so cracked quickly enough....

Bagging up chips when the bubble burst was one of those moments I’ll never forget - £11k locked up, the absolute world ahead, every pay jump (for me) truly life changing  - when you have a one year old baba, and child care round the corner, it doesn’t half focus the mind 😎
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2018, 09:06:52 PM »

One eventful moment, Martin Jacobson has just got knocked out (last 27-ish) and is about to scarper off..., my long time table mate, soon to be event runner up, Getnet, rubs (was going to correct this, but actually...) after him for a chat and photo. Mid-chat I drop in ‘so, Martin, have you ever ran well in a big tournament?’ Top bloke actually, very down to earth, must be tough when you hit the stars 🌟

I’ll be honest, last 27 to FT is a blur, was well 🍻 by then, so not much recall on hands - it was a bit of a cruise, always slightly above average, and last 15 or so cracked quickly enough....

Bagging up chips when the bubble burst was one of those moments I’ll never forget - £11k locked up, the absolute world ahead, every pay jump (for me) truly life changing  - when you have a one year old baba, and child care round the corner, it doesn’t half focus the mind 😎

This is fantastic, warms the heart. Well done, thoroughly pleased for you and the family.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2018, 02:00:04 PM »

Ahh...I see there is some video on the hendon mob database ...if the link is allowed.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=sv&n=489030
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: