blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:24:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.  (Read 51829 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2018, 04:24:25 PM »

Watching abit of the Sweden V Mexico match this morning, the commentator who I assume is Mexican from his accent is quality.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2018, 07:27:21 PM »

I’ve had a few touches while I’ve been out here. Started with get Economy Plus on the flight as when I went to check in online there were only 6 seats left, happened on both flights (unless of course all of United are Economy plus, lol). I mentioned on day 1 that MGM refunded my resort fee which was nice and today I’ve had the best touch of all, I went out shopping for a gift for Debs birthday on 7th July, she is mad about handbags and has got a nice collection over the years. I’d already spotted a cou0le of shops downstairs that had sales on. Kate Spade New York had 30%, COACH had 50% but she really likes Micheal Kors which had 25%. Anyway I’d much rather get her something she wants than surprise her and get it wrong and it’s a good job I video called her as although she liked the bags i had sent via messages and was choosing which one to have fr9m Micheal Kors wh8le I was doing a live demonstration, she said she would prefer a watch. I asked 5he guy if they had any with a reduction and he showed me three of them. Deb chose what she wanted and I c9nfirmed the price with the guy. Then as I went to pay he realised he had made a mistake, he had quoted me the price plus an additional 25% off (twice) when in actual fact it had already been reduced by 25%. Oops. Give him his dues though, there was not even a discussion about it, he said straight away he would honour the price he quoted and processed the sale (we had been talking about the football as he was Mexican and was obvs over 5he moon with the result, think his mind was still pre occupied when originally pricing up).

Ends up the most expensive watch I’ve ever bought but got it at half the price. If I end up binking any cash today I’ll make sure I g9 back and buy the bag as well, Deb deserves it and I think Ivan does as well (salesman).
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2018, 09:24:54 PM »

Very 1st hand of the 1pm Deepstack I have 77 on a flop of 77A, guy bets into me I call, turn A, he bets again I call, river 2 he bets quite large, I rr quite large leaving about 5k left out of the 20, he just calls and say show me your Ace we are chopping. He had AJ. Says he would have called a shove. Nice start.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2018, 05:12:00 PM »

Day 7

Last full day in Vegas. Was spending the day at The Rio, Deepstack started so well as I ,mentioned earlier I flopped quad 7’s very first hand, run out of 77AA something got my river raise paid off with AJ, nice to be in position for that one.   

Had to ma’e a huge lay down later on, probably the biggest I’ve ever made, whether it was right in the long term I’m not sure but it certainly created some debate at the table for a good while:

Solid good player raises to 800 utg from over 40k stack, I re raise on btn to 2k with KK from over 30k stack (150/300/25), BB re raises to 6.5k with another 6ish k behind. Utg just flats, I’m now very suspicious of utg as he was playing* very solid, if he shoves here to isolated which I would imagine he would do a large % of the time then I’m calling but his flat indicated to me that he wants/expecting me to re shove. Anyway I though5 about it for 30 secs and flat called to play post flop. Flop comes down J62cc, B.B. goes AI which was a given and now UTG thinks about it for about a min and re raises all in.  At the time the way he played the hand just screamed strength to me, I’ve taken kings out of his range as I have two of them, obvs the same with AK which I would have expected him to isolated with pre flop, on a J high flop he could be playing QQ this way if he took my flat call pre as weakness, no over Cards and now isolating, obvs JJ is unlikely as there is one on the board and then we now have clubs flush draws to take into account but what ones is he raises UTG and flat calling a 4bet.  Also I had so reduces his flush draws abit.

Anyway I’m no expert and I probably should be getting it all in here, particularly in this tournament where having a big stack early is quite handy. So I fold face up (never usually do this but I’m either looking like a genius (nitty but genius none the less) or a complete prat. They both had AA. No king on turn or river but would have been good for the story.

Be happy to be told the maths says I should be going with it.

So the guy sat next to me got giving two gifts of a stack from the fun players at the table, putting him well over 80k at 200/400/500, very much right time right place. I ended up getting all the chips in the middle with 99 on a flop of 9J3, he has the JJ and no quads to save me.

I considered late regging the 4pm but I was feeling I’d had enough of tournaments for the trip. The punt sit and go sats on the other hand were gonna be an easy way to get out of it. Played 3 lost 3, played 6 last longers (table and heads up) lost 6 last longers, lol. Yo wouldn’t believe I do know how to play poker would you?

The sit and goes although lost could have gone quite different, got to the last 3 in two of them and lost the flip in both for the chip lead and nearly heads up, just unfortunate both of the heads up last longer were also in the three. The other one I was out first, got 99s in on a flop of 78Tsss vs AsQ, blank turn and spade river was all she wrote. 

Went to the Sky leaving party for a few hours, was great talking to a few of the guys. Good to hear some of them were having a good trip pokerwise. Matt Bates (Magic8something) had won the $80 PH earlier that day. A few of the guys were staying out for longer, I’ll def be jealous when 8 get h9me but not now, as right now I’m ready to go home, have missed Deb and the kids terribly and I’m all pokered out. We know but tomorrow I’ll wish I was in Vegas again but it’s not going anywhere and I have learnt so much on this trip.

No sure if I mentioned this previously but I managed to save about £500/£600 on the flight by not doing direct with Virgin, I’m with United out of Heathrow. The money was far more important to me than a few hours and some walking. I still have no regrets from m experience flying out here, however as I write this I’m sitting* on a plane for the first leg of the trip to go back to Blighty. I only realised last night when I was setting the world clock on my iPad and checking in that I’m going in the opposite direction 🤪 🙊 I changed at Chicago on the way 8n but I’m going to Heathrow from San Francisco, 90 mins in the wrong direction, lol, what a numpty. All part of the fun/experience and certainly a story to tell in the future. In my defence I would never have dreamed when booking it online that going further away to come back again would be cheaper but you live and learn. Anyway it’s 9:03am Thursday and all in I’ll be getting into Heathrow at 7ish Friday morning and that with only a 90 min stop over.

This trip has been an absolute blast and I’ve enjoyed sharing it with you guys. Thanks for reading. I’m not one for keeping a diary but as and when I want t9 I will post up some random stuff or trip reports. I’m hoping I might get a run at the Irish Greyhound Derby and may end up going to Shelbourne Park, although I end up pick8n* a few my main bet at the moment is Clonbrien Hero, didn’t perform in English Derby but a very capable dog. Obvs I’ll be using the Greyhound thread for any bets I put up.

Over and out.

Scott
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »

Thanks Scott, been a great read.

Enjoy (?) that journey home.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2018, 10:44:07 AM »

Thanks Scott, been a great read.

Enjoy (?) that journey home.

Just got home. The flight to San Francisco was a doddle, then the plane back to Heathrow was much bigger and newer than the one coming, had 3-4-3 instead of 2-3-2, also had lunch, snack and breakfast instead of just breakfast and snack. Was actually an ok flight, the train, tube then train back to Stevenage was a killer.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2018, 07:00:25 PM »

Thanks for posting trip report was a great read!
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2018, 07:50:42 PM »

Thanks for posting trip report was a great read!

tyvm for taking the time to blog a little about your trip. really enjoyed reading it.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2018, 08:10:48 PM »

We got home today too flew with virgin ,I slept all the way ,hot the 1019 train straight throughvia thameslink to peterborough!
Had a great time me n the GF. For 2 weeks then my daughter came out for the last week
Met the usual guys off the kracked Kings forum
Been doing some admin
Packing up now salad for tea then bed
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2018, 08:14:12 PM »

Thanks for sharing your trip to Vegas I have really enjoyed reading it.

Love the Vegas diaries.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2018, 08:28:35 PM »

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us Ommy - it's been a blast!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2018, 09:45:18 AM »

Thanks for the comments guys, slept 19 hours total and still knackered, lol. Anyway I’d been updating Deb and the kids via what’s app and when 8 got home Deb had made a couple of frames with a montage of all the pictures I had sent them from Vegas, over the moon with it, such a great way to keep some fantastic memories.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2018, 01:21:25 PM »

Nice write ups Omm ..glad you enjoyed..

Like the Dnegs Vlogs.. most fave moment .. split up with his GF of 4 years.. arrives home late at night.. her twin sister been dog sitting for him..next Vlog shes there again.. u utter rascal Daniel..

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2018, 06:56:09 PM »

I’ve booked Fri 3rd to Mon 6th to play at Goliath. They are running some pretty decent sats online (tmrw is a 50 seat gte) and I’ve already got a ticket and pre regged the Friday, if I don’t make day 2 I’ll just play whatever else is on or some cash games. Played last year and Friday was obviously the busiest day, got there early and still had to wait nearly 2 hrs as an alternate. If I win anymore tickets I might go up there on the Tuesday to tr6 and spin up a stack.

Anyone else going to the biggest tournament outside of Vegas?
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2018, 07:19:55 PM »

If you do go Tuesday be aware they will unregister you from Fridays day 1. I'm there Wednesday on, there's an APAT event Saturday and a round of each Sunday if you don't go deep in goliath

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: