blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 25/25 Lets have some fun.  (Read 51416 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2018, 07:27:38 PM »

GL today!

Busted the 25/25 btw. Up to 90k in level 7 (which would have been Top 10 end of day) but manage to dust it all off by level 9. Oops.

I wish you more patience...

Unlucky and thanks. Already dodge a bullet by folding a straight with a straight flush draw against a flopped straight flush when guy treble pot the river. Spider senses are on point.

Let's hope the POTUS doesn't fold his straight when he gets out of the car today. Wink

Sorry about that, mate Cheesy

I didn't finish until about 1am this morning, and going back today for day 2.

Will come find you when I'm done today. You wouldn't have wanted to walk to the Sands from the Venetian, that's for sure.

Good luck today, and hopefully Tikay doesn't bok you!

FFS, I can't make a deep run to save my life & Marky is making a Day Two.

The world's gone bonkers.

Gooooo Marky 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2018, 10:02:14 PM »

Will come find you when I'm done today. You wouldn't have wanted to walk to the Sands from the Venetian, that's for sure.

Blind squirrels Cheesy

Well done, I’m just trying to make the dinner break.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2018, 10:30:08 PM »

GL Msrky

Venetian to Sands isn't such a bad walk.   It is all inside bar 200 yards that they make you walk outside for some unfathomable reason.  Probably near impossible on a scooter.   Had to walk past a few undesirables in suits in the convention centre.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2018, 10:52:21 PM »

GL Msrky

Venetian to Sands isn't such a bad walk.   It is all inside bar 200 yards that they make you walk outside for some unfathomable reason.  Probably near impossible on a scooter.   Had to walk past a few undesirables in suits in the convention centre.

The external diversion is because they are setting up that inside area for a convention.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2018, 04:06:41 AM »

Cheers Ralph Smiley

Bust with about 130 left unfortunately, but got a monkey back, which was nice.

GL Msrky

Yeah, I wasn't aware it was so easy to get to the Venetian by going back inside before you head towards the strip.

I did that drive all the way around the outside last night, at about 1:30am, and some bird with her shopping trolley full of tat almost mowed me down Cheesy

Found the interior way today, thanks to one of the dealers. Handy to know for the next comp, anyway.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2018, 04:07:05 AM »

Blind squirrels Cheesy

Well done, I’m just trying to make the dinner break.

Get it spun!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2018, 08:47:01 AM »

Minutia!

Has to google it, lol. For me this is much more about the experience than winning poker (although that would be nice). Happy to share my thoughts and feelings about the real life stuff.

Minutiae. I had to look that up when Tony used it. Apparently it's the plural of minutia.

So does that mean we should say, 'a minutia' and 'some minutiae' or should we just use 'the' as an introduction to either?

I.e. The minutia - the minutiae.

Tal...

The older I get, the better I was.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2018, 09:36:31 AM »

Minutia!

Has to google it, lol. For me this is much more about the experience than winning poker (although that would be nice). Happy to share my thoughts and feelings about the real life stuff.

Minutiae. I had to look that up when Tony used it. Apparently it's the plural of minutia.

So does that mean we should say, 'a minutia' and 'some minutiae' or should we just use 'the' as an introduction to either?

Tal...

It's a bit like criteria and data: you tend to use the plural most frequently, because you will refer to a number of details rather than just one.

"I don't want to get bogged down in the minutae" etc.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2018, 09:40:44 AM »

Minutia!

Tal...

It's a bit like criteria and data: you tend to use the plural most frequently, because you will refer to a number of details rather than just one.

"I don't want to get bogged down in the minutae" etc.

Ooh, I never even considered the singular of criteria, I had to Google.

Criterion!

Someone is getting that before the day is out.

The older I get, the better I was.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2018, 05:23:30 PM »

Forgot to post this earlier:

Day 3

So lasted 8 levels before busting the Monster Stack. Had a thoroughly good time, Table was fun. Was just an occasion where I couldn’t get anything going. Hovered between 25 and 10 bbs for the last 3 levels. Finally getting 12bbs in with TT vs AKs and an A in the window sealed my fate. I got lucky with the only other AI I had when I flopped top pair, Jerome Bradpiece(?) (keep wanting to say Makepiece) had flopped bottom two, I check raised all in and hit trips on turn. Great tournament, no regrets and looking forward to the Sky tournament today.

Although I sat at the poker table for 8 hours I still managed to do 15k in Steps. After the tournament I came back to the hotel and had a walk around to try and find some gifts. Back’ to the room by 10 and was knackered. Another early night in Vegas- such a party animal.

Anyway up to watch the footy this morning, currently 6-1, knew it would be England to mess up the Panama to score no goals bet. Breakfast shortly and then a relax before the tournament this afternoon.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »

Minutia!

Tal...

Yes, I always prefer minutiae (though I struggle to spell it correctly every time) because it's pretty rare to have singular fine detail.

While we are at it.....

If I type "I would like a Danish pastry" should it be "Danish" or "danish"?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »

Minutia!

Tal...

Yes, I always prefer minutiae (though I struggle to spell it correctly every time) because it's pretty rare to have singular fine detail.

While we are at it.....

If I type "I would like a Danish pastry" should it be "Danish" or "danish"?

The trend is to use an uppercase letter when the thing is still associated with the place (Jersey Royal potatoes, Parma ham) and go lowercase letter where the association is no longer to the region (yorkshire pudding, champagne).

https://www.theguardian.com/guardian-observer-style-guide-c

(See capitals)

I would say Danish, I think.

Great to hear you're having fun, Omm.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »

and go lowercase letter where the association is no longer to the region

So surely "danish pastry" should be lower case?

I'm not at all sure that said pastries are still associated with Denmark.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2018, 06:03:28 PM »

Forgot to post this earlier:

Day 3

So lasted 8 levels before busting the Monster Stack. Had a thoroughly good time, Table was fun. Was just an occasion where I couldn’t get anything going. Hovered between 25 and 10 bbs for the last 3 levels. Finally getting 12bbs in with TT vs AKs and an A in the window sealed my fate. I got lucky with the only other AI I had when I flopped top pair, Jerome Bradpiece(?) (keep wanting to say Makepiece) had flopped bottom two, I check raised all in and hit trips on turn. Great tournament, no regrets and looking forward to the Sky tournament today.

Although I sat at the poker table for 8 hours I still managed to do 15k in Steps. After the tournament I came back to the hotel and had a walk around to try and find some gifts. Back’ to the room by 10 and was knackered. Another early night in Vegas- such a party animal.

Anyway up to watch the footy this morning, currently 6-1, knew it would be England to mess up the Panama to score no goals bet. Breakfast shortly and then a relax before the tournament this afternoon.

There’s a lot of walking here ,more than people realise !
Even a lazy count like me does 7 k steps a day !
Early nights are needed opif you want yo play good poker mate
It’s draining here
But we love it
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2018, 07:25:35 PM »

and go lowercase letter where the association is no longer to the region

So surely "danish pastry" should be lower case?

I'm not at all sure that said pastries are still associated with Denmark.

You're right.

I've always associated them with the country but there's not any really anymore. Not like they have to be made there.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: