blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:33:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  It's showtime!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's showtime!  (Read 2315 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2018, 05:56:20 PM »

anyone played the new format yet on PS? (all folded hands exposed to players still in the hand)

what are the main strategy points you need to be aware of?

is it a "good ecology" game or will the better players have more of an edge than the occasional players/depositors? i wasn't sure

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 08:14:59 PM »

obv someone will come up with a hud-like display of the dead cards and that will give them a huge advantage in that they can multitable and keep track.

Is it available on full ring?  If so, early position would have to be super tight as so much info about the EP open would be revealed by the folded cards.

Obviously anyone not making max use of the info is going to get crushed, so can't see it helping the ecology they are so precious about.  Maybe they think more flops will be played, so they rake more? 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 10:54:41 PM »

I think it must be good for the game, as it reduces the edge the cheats have?  Also it is easier to see discards if one tabling, though it looks like you can see the discards and don't have to remember, assuming the photo is accurate.  Wouldn't it make the game tougher to solve, and the extra info means your solution for that position has moved? 

I don't think you have to play tight from early position, surely you are fine if balanced?

A "live" solver would be a big advantage though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 08:31:57 AM »

yes had a look at it, you are correct and the cards stay exposed.  Also post flop folds are exposed!

The full ring EP problem imo is that your range is going to be narrowed down very quickly by tracking due to the exposed cards, then in the hand the exposed cards are going to further narrow your holding.  That info + the flop + the late position opponent having entered the hand pre-flop with much more info would tend to make EP tight over-betting a likely strategy?

Actual full solvers would be very difficult I think, but I could see some sort of a software assistant that say provided info on modified hand rankings and common flop scenarios like second pair/under pair.  Even as a trainer this would give better players a greater edge.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 09:13:49 AM »

I also think that the tables should be anonymous.  That would protect casual players from hand history sharing regs.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 09:33:45 AM »

Will be exploited by the regs with software, terrible for recs imo
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: