blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:01:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  HU MTT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HU MTT  (Read 5382 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2018, 01:16:11 AM »

Villian plays quite a lot, for fun.

Blinds are 1250/2.5k

Hero is in BB with  145,000

Villian - 100k

Villian Limps Button, we raise 6043, Call. Pot 17,086

Flop: 

Hero bets 12814 and we get called (42715)

Turn is  three diamonds, Hero Checks.

Not having a diamond, I wonder if this is a bet, it's maybe a spot i'm not so sure about.

Villian bets 10,000 and we call. (62715)

HU Villian has been betting pot an awful lot, whilst he potted a lot 3+ handed, it seems to be more pronounced now. Hands that have shown down with pot bets have been Top Pair + hands.

River is 

Hero Bets 5k(!) into 62K , Villian Raises to 41k, Hero Folds.

Curious to hear opinions on the turn play. Writing this out and looking back at it, feel the Turn play may be a little weak.

alen.fantasy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 11:13:15 AM »

Strong bet on turn was your only way to put him out of the hand, you really didnt have so much option who can help you on the river. He made a clear bet on river becuase he understand that you will have maybe a top pair and you dont know if he was waiting to hit a flush or he hit a straight. Beside that he could have a stronger pair in his hand from the beginning.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 04:41:25 PM »

I think play up to the river is fine. I probably check calll river sometimes with a read, check fold to a large bet with a read.

Check call with a Dimond and check fold without. Unless of course the Villian is tight. Fun player check calling can’t be that out long term.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 04:39:33 PM »

Thanks gents for your responses.

It's a  real shame this section of the forum is in such decline - only 8 new posts in the whole of 2018.

In relation to this hand,on the turn, once the turn is checked to villian and he bets this small, I should have raised all in.

Just because of his bet sizing tendencies, I highly doubt on the turn here he is strong enough to call an all in. He can have a lot of pair + D combinations, or just a big D. I also doubt he has limped Ace 10, so would be quite happy just moving in here.

I'm still not sure about betting this turn, it must be reasonable with the intention of checking folding a good number of unfavourable rivers (if he calls the turn bet).

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: