blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Staking in 2018
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staking in 2018  (Read 16941 times)
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2018, 01:18:24 PM »

BRS are still going. They have gotten rid of there online presence, however they still have their WhatsApp players group and players continue to be staked. Nothing wrong with that mind. I know a few of the BRS staked players and have done before they had been staked. I’ve never witnessed them cheating before in anyway.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2018, 01:23:10 PM »

So BRS no longer exists ?

Is that because of the controversy ?

Or will it just re brand and basically carry on under a different name ?

It was downsizing before the controversy, and I think (although I don't know) that it's gone now because this latest drama made PJ realise that the business can't go anywhere. The name is such trash that it can't ever grow and is just going to decline amidst more drama. I don't know why it's gone and I'm not exactly happy about it, but that's what I think has happened. As far as I know BRS isn't going to continue under a new name, I've been with them for years as a player, coach and manager and I didn't get offered anything by PJ or by a company taking over from BRS, I'm now backed privately.

UgotNuts is right in thinking a bunch of the chats still exist, but these aren't anything more than groups of friends chatting on Facebook or WhatsApp or whatever. BRS is not still going.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2018, 01:29:13 PM »

Ok , thanks for replies.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2018, 02:19:34 PM »

I was at a table with a few BRS lads last time I was at DTD, and they'd have been in trouble if they were supposed to be softplaying one another Cheesy

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2018, 11:49:45 AM »

I think the argument about what is better EV for who is pretty moot, different sets of people have different desires from their poker experience and no-one really should be telling anyone what is best for them as it's all subjective and often boils down to preference;

Pros, mostly go where the money is, there's a £5m tournament with a load of people playing terribley, that's likely where they're gonna go - that being said some pros wouldn't take the bankroll risk/expenses ina  high variance, high EV spot, some would absolutely jump on it. Pure recreational players have a much different set of requirements, some prefer in soft games, they understand they lose vs better players and prefer to play in an enviroment where they can play with some expectation of profit/minor loss, some prefer to play against tough opposition and test themselves/enjoy the high calibre of play, and there is every different type of preference in between, from indifference to being unaware of all this and just wanting to play. The point is it's not really for any of us to say to anyone "well, this is good for you suck it up" when there is a whole host of other factors at play than the EV.

I've had conversations with Pro Poker players where I've said "you know you should really play X it's massive edge for you, i'll take a piece" and they've said, "nah not for me I'll just my own thing" and I've had same conversation with recreational players where I've said "yu know thats a very tough lineup you're likely getting murdered there" to which they've replied "yep bt who gives a fuck I'm taking them on." I've also had the same conversation about tournaments with recreational players where I've said to them (r.e some terrible play) "yeah, but you want that guy shoving on you with a gutshot" to which they've replied "I get your point, but that's just not the poker game I wanna play."

To suggest that a certain way is better for a certain people without understanding their desires for that situation is pretty arrogant an unhelpful really.

One thing I really miss is the old days of like GUKPT blackpool, you'd go there, would have this real buzz about it, everyone was there - winning it, going deep in it just felt really special and prestigious and these massive gte re-entry events just don't seem to have that, for me (as a non pro) i'd prefer that to a £1m top prize as I found it so much more fun. The scale of these poker events seems to have lost the sparkle, to me. I'd like to see a £5k at DTD with a £1m prizepool no re-entries and that old magic back - once again i'm just one guy with one opinion and respect that what matters to me doesn't matter to other people.

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2018, 04:31:09 PM »

That’s a fantastic post Dave, very well said. I am firmly in the camp where I’d rather go up against worse players all day long. Outplaying someone better than me is just the icing on the cake (when it rarely happens).

Rexas-really appreciate your input here as I’ve been following the DTD/PPL/BRS scandal over on 2+2. Seems Rob Yong is steadfastly refusing to even post anything publically, let alone admit any wrongdoing. He must have been involved with the BRS being able to pool all PPL dollars won and send whoever they want to tournaments, which I think is wrong as it would fill those tournaments with much stronger players than the free-sat-ticket-firing minions who won the tickets.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: