blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:43:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Is obesity a disease?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is obesity a disease?  (Read 7367 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jan/05/truth-obesity-five-fat-myths-debunked
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2019, 09:41:04 PM »

It can only be classed as psychological disease.. the only way you get obese is by eating too much... thats not a disease its a choice. Its mentally where the issue may be such as low self esteem..depression etc may cause comfort eating... sticking too much food in your mouth is not a disease.. or you are just a lazy greedy sod who uses any excuse under the sun to justify your obesity.. Most common excuse is its my glands.. although this can be true it is rare.. people who say this are usually half way through their 4th doughnut and 8th can of coke

WRONG!

Explain

Eating too much isn't the only way you become obese. Thought it was pretty clear from me typing WRONG?

Not sure if you know the definition of the word 'explain'

There is more than one way to become obese. Not just food.

which is ?

https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/obesity/conditioninfo/cause

One of numerous things available when you learn to google.

Don't think that article helps make your point to be honest. It mentions contributory factors to obesity but ultimately it seems to suggest that calories in vs calories out is where it's at, you know, eating too much....

Being unable to exercise for health reasons also isn't an excuse. If you are unable to move other than to chew you still burn a certain amount of calories. If you don't exceed that amount you're going to struggle hit that 40st target....

Was making a Basic point for a basic person. Factually he is wrong.

If only you read things properly before commenting..  Most common excuse is its my glands.. although this can be true it is rare.

There are conditions that can cause obesity but they are rare.. as i stated originally.. nearly all cases of obesity are caused by simply ingesting more than you use causing your body to store it..if you concerntrated instead of trying to jump on the most marginal of things in an attempt to belittle my point you might save yourself from looking foolish.

I do think its ironic that you comment on such matters with your very small knowledge of what constitutes a healthy diet

I’ve highlighted the bit where you quite clearly state the only way you get obese is by eating too much.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 09:51:57 PM »

anyway enough of this nonsense how is my fav turkish kebab shop in Sliema on the sea front?  God i miss that place
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2019, 12:51:44 AM »

It can only be classed as psychological disease.. the only way you get obese is by eating too much... thats not a disease its a choice. Its mentally where the issue may be such as low self esteem..depression etc may cause comfort eating... sticking too much food in your mouth is not a disease.. or you are just a lazy greedy sod who uses any excuse under the sun to justify your obesity.. Most common excuse is its my glands.. although this can be true it is rare.. people who say this are usually half way through their 4th doughnut and 8th can of coke

WRONG!

Explain

Eating too much isn't the only way you become obese. Thought it was pretty clear from me typing WRONG?

which is ?

Don't think that article helps make your point to be honest. It mentions contributory factors to obesity but ultimately it seems to suggest that calories in vs calories out is where it's at, you know, eating too much....

Being unable to exercise for health reasons also isn't an excuse. If you are unable to move other than to chew you still burn a certain amount of calories. If you don't exceed that amount you're going to struggle hit that 40st target....

If only you read things properly before commenting..  Most common excuse is its my glands.. although this can be true it is rare.

There are conditions that can cause obesity but they are rare.. as i stated originally.. nearly all cases of obesity are caused by simply ingesting more than you use causing your body to store it..if you concerntrated instead of trying to jump on the most marginal of things in an attempt to belittle my point you might save yourself from looking foolish.

I do think its ironic that you comment on such matters with your very small knowledge of what constitutes a healthy diet

I’ve highlighted the bit where you quite clearly state the only way you get obese is by eating too much.

If you think obesity is a disease ur as deluded as every other fat person looking for an excuse..its not my fault they whine.. i have a disease.. its atypical of our society.. people just cant take responsibility for their own actions.. always some excuse or someone elses fault.. we have become a society of excuse makers

stop shoving too much food in your mouth and you wont be obese.. FACT

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2019, 12:52:18 AM »

anyway enough of this nonsense how is my fav turkish kebab shop in Sliema on the sea front?  God i miss that place

Vinny has one in every high road  Grin

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2019, 09:50:58 AM »

WRONG!

Explain

which is ?

If you think obesity is a disease ur as deluded as every other fat person looking for an excuse..its not my fault they whine.. i have a disease.. its atypical of our society.. people just cant take responsibility for their own actions.. always some excuse or someone elses fault.. we have become a society of excuse makers

stop shoving too much food in your mouth and you wont be obese.. FACT

Well I’m glad you accept you’re wrong. Feels like we can move on now.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2019, 12:07:25 PM »

loool

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2019, 08:54:50 AM »

I was a long time obese topping the scales at 22st 5lbs at 6'4, and now i range between an athletic (if i do say so myself) 14.5st-15.5st depending on how hard i go at the gym. A whole food plant based diet, no oil or processed sugar was the key after repeated failures with other eating styles.

I would personally call it a disease, as ultimately it is a form of self destruction coming from an inability to consume enough nutrient dense foods that satiate without weight gain. And with those that are susceptible to obesity i think they can claim diminished responsibility for a plethora of reasons. I could go down so many different rabbit holes having probably a 2000 page essay in me about all of the intermingling factors involved, but i will leave it at that for now.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2019, 11:11:19 AM »

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/overweight-passenger-forces-eva-air-flight-attendants-to-wipe-his-backside

Best Bitter.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2019, 11:23:41 AM »

We doing the cheesecake factory again this summer Dean?

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2019, 11:24:17 AM »

That's a move
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: