blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:27:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Artist and their Art
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Artist and their Art  (Read 3866 times)
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2019, 02:06:16 PM »

To what extent can you separate the morals of a person and the work they produce?

All the evidence is pointing to the fact that Michael Jackson was a paedophile. Does that take away from his music? I see some radio stations are choosing to take him off their playlists.

It's a different type of example but Jimmy Saville raised a huge amount of money for charity as well as dedicating his time volunteering (he often clearly didn't do this with good intentions). 

Can you enjoy music made by a paedophile? Could you cheer on a footballer who is a convicted rapist?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 02:08:20 PM »

To what extent can you separate the morals of a person and the work they produce?

All the evidence is pointing to the fact that Michael Jackson was a paedophile. Does that take away from his music? I see some radio stations are choosing to take him off their playlists.

It's a different type of example but Jimmy Saville raised a huge amount of money for charity as well as dedicating his time volunteering (he often clearly didn't do this with good intentions). 

Can you enjoy music made by a paedophile? Could you cheer on a footballer who is a convicted rapist?

I used to love Garry Glitter but I can't enjoy his music now.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 03:31:54 PM »

I just realised that all the comments are disabled on lostprophets videos.

Do people have a right to know a bit more about the person singing the song they are listening to?  I can see why the coments are disabled, but maybe they could list the convictions?

My wife was watching Glee a couple of years ago, and I found it pretty disturbing that they were singing a Gary Glitter song, but would probably be more relaxed listening to Michael Jackson.  I don't know if that is because one was convicted and the other wasn't, or I am just very inconsistent on things.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 03:45:56 PM »

I don’t believe this stuff about Jacko and think it’s pretty crass to air a documentary after he’s dead. Although I’ve got it on sky+ not caught up with it yet so don’t know what the evidence is aside from people saying.

Incidentally I laid on a Jacko Tribute night a couple of weeks ago, a fella called Navi and supposedly the best. He was the absolute nuts, sold out event and the place was jumping start to finish. Jaw-dropping music and dancing. Everybody loved it and I don’t see that changing no matter how many people suddenly ‘find the courage’ a hundred years later.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 03:52:19 PM »

I don’t believe this stuff about Jacko and think it’s pretty crass to air a documentary after he’s dead. Although I’ve got it on sky+ not caught up with it yet so don’t know what the evidence is aside from people saying.

Incidentally I laid on a Jacko Tribute night a couple of weeks ago, a fella called Navi and supposedly the best. He was the absolute nuts, sold out event and the place was jumping start to finish. Jaw-dropping music and dancing. Everybody loved it and I don’t see that changing no matter how many people suddenly ‘find the courage’ a hundred years later.

Yes. I think you will only see boycotts when there is clear unequivocal evidence a la Glitter.

I was sorry to see Rolf go down too. (No pun intended).

I wonder if people will stop believing in God if all these clergy don't stop shagging choirboys?

The older I get, the better I was.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 04:19:41 PM »

In the words of Louis Theroux, "if you can't see that Michael Jackson was a paedophile after watching the film, you are being wilfully blind". I am of the same opinion - the documentary is remarkable.

I think in the long term this will taint his legacy massively and you can already see the tide starting to turn.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 04:43:54 PM »

In the words of Louis Theroux, "if you can't see that Michael Jackson was a paedophile after watching the film, you are being wilfully blind".

Outside Channel 4 H.Q.:

Click to see full-size image.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 05:00:06 PM »

Just finished reading the Mike Tyson autobiography. That many people tried to sue him for sexual battery, damages, assault, he’d never met half of them. Even a prison guard made a complaint about sexual assault until CCTV proved she was just bare face lying. His conviction for ‘rape’ was jokes. If the best evidence in the Jacko fiasco is Louis Theroux says so I’m comfortable.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 05:28:18 PM »

Just finished reading the Mike Tyson autobiography. That many people tried to sue him for sexual battery, damages, assault, he’d never met half of them. Even a prison guard made a complaint about sexual assault until CCTV proved she was just bare face lying. His conviction for ‘rape’ was jokes. If the best evidence in the Jacko fiasco is Louis Theroux says so I’m comfortable.

Because obviously Mike Tyson’s autobiography is 100% accurate about all of the stories that paint him in a bad light.
I bet he didn’t even bite Holyfield’s ear.

As for Jackson, I haven’t seen the latest TV programme but if I never heard another MJ song in my life I would be quite happy.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2019, 05:41:55 PM »

Interested to hear what you think after watching the documentary.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 06:47:08 PM »

Because obviously Mike Tyson’s autobiography is 100% accurate about all of the stories that paint him in a bad light.
I bet he didn’t even bite Holyfield’s ear.

As for Jackson, I haven’t seen the latest TV programme but if I never heard another MJ song in my life I would be quite happy.

You shud read it pops cos every critic says it’s the most accurate self depreciating autobiography ever written. I’d say it’s 100% accurate. But if you know better having not read it then cool. Point is that people have such an amazing capacity for bare face lying in these situations, don’t really get it.

Will deffo watch the docu and decide but if it’s just some fellas saying Jacko touched their winkie they can gtfo. Photos or it didn’t happen is the standard imo.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 07:08:52 PM »

This is quite fun:

a) Music is shite and
b) It's been obvious that he's a paedophile for about 20 years no ?
c) His face fell off (not directly to the point in hand but worth mentioning)

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 07:34:33 PM »

Not seen that documentary, but I always thought he was a nonce anyway.

Good music, though.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2019, 07:55:08 PM »

This is quite fun:

a) Music is shite and
b) It's been obvious that he's a paedophile for about 20 years no ?
c) His face fell off (not directly to the point in hand but worth mentioning)

Hold the front page! Music is shite?!?

When he did that first time moonwalk at the Mowtown to Billy Jean my jaw hit the floor.

Sorry but Kurt Cobain flicking his hair around just ain’t in same league brother.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 08:20:21 PM »

I assume everyone here is familiar with the back-history of these two guys making the allegations in this documentary?

Both swore under oath at Jacko’s trial that he hadn’t molested them in any way whatsoever. It’s also been reliably reported that they were short of a few bucks before they decided to get paid ~$1.5m to make these allegations for the docu. The producer has readily agreed that he’s made no attempt to challenge the allegations or present any other side of the story.

Jacko was undoubtedly weird, but I don’t buy the stuff in this particular film.

PS I’m not a major fan, but I have no intention of boycotting his music.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: