blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:26:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Heroes.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heroes.  (Read 3292 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2019, 12:30:14 PM »

A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.

Christopher Reeve.

Yesterday I was mulling over a post I wanted to make in support of Tightend.

Rich, (As I call him when I want him to do something for me) is an amazingly bright, personable and helpful bloke, I admire him a great deal. Unfortunately, life has thrown some nasty crap his way lately, but comethe the hour, cometh the man, he's finding a way to handle some really difficult stuff and he's doing it with strength, grace and dignity.

What a hero.

Anyway, I was just going to post something along those lines when my old mate Nakor made this post on Tony's diary and I though wow, Nak's going through the grinder too, I must do a post to say.. well something similar to what I was going to say about Tighty...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg2255004#msg2255004

Then, before I posted anything, booder posted this and again my first thought was, Wow, what a hero.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg2255021#msg2255021

All that got me really thinking. I won't embarrass them by naming names, but I know at least a dozen people on here who have been, or are still going through some dreadful shit and there must be loads more that I don't know about.

I don't really know how to sum up, except to say that the older I get the more I come to realise that the world is full of amazing ordinary heroes.

More power to you.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 01:03:19 PM »

Thought-provoking stuff Tom.

I was particularly moved by the posts by Nakor & Boo. (I already knew about Tighty's problems & had been in dialogue with him about it privately for some months). 

When I saw Nakor's post last night my first thought was to insta-reply, but I was tired, & I decided it deserved a response when I was better prepared mentally.

Then this morning up popped that amazing post by Boo. Jeez, what a post. Same thing, it deserves a proper reply rather than my usual rush job, so I decided to leave them both until I had enough time on my hands to reply properly.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 01:06:13 PM »

A little spooky that you mentioned Christopher Reeve, too, because I learned today that Ironside has some extra challenges in life right now - his Dad is in hospital, & very ill. My thoughts go to Iron at this difficult time, & Iron has enough problems on his plate already. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 01:08:09 PM »

Another who gets my greatest admiration is Marky147. There's a man who bears his health situation remarkably, & he's rarely without a smile, at least in public.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »

Amazing fortitude and recent posts show what many of us go through but just get on with what
life throws at us in a very understated way.

Had similar issues most of my life with scoliosis and after some lung function tests a few years back
got told I have lungs of an 80 year old.

No , Tony , I am not 80 yet  Grin

I don't know if its a British thing but I do find we are very stoical on the whole.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 01:28:51 PM »

Kind words guys.
I tend to agree with bookiebasher, we just get on with what
life throws at us.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 01:45:09 PM »

A lot of you will have already seen this but when we talk of heroes then I doff my hat.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2018-03-21/mothers-of-children-with-down-syndrome-create-moving-carpool-karaoke-video/

Very emotional stuff.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 08:15:32 PM »

Definitely plenty of heroes on Blonde, Tom.

Some of us have put up with Tikay for over 15 years Wink

A lot of you will have already seen this but when we talk of heroes then I doff my hat.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2018-03-21/mothers-of-children-with-down-syndrome-create-moving-carpool-karaoke-video/

Very emotional stuff.

Never seen that before. What a lovely video.

Not so sure about these onions, though.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 08:45:22 PM »

I think my eyesight may be going....

I read this as 'herpes' and was expecting something entirely different.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 08:47:29 PM »

Probably just familiarity with the subject.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 08:50:58 PM »

Probably just familiarity with the subject.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: