blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:47:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2019 Updates
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2019 Updates  (Read 48904 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 09, 2019, 10:02:18 PM »

Early Day 4 Main Event Update

Eliminations have come thick and fast post-bubble; an hour and a half in and we've already reached the first ladder point.

British eliminations

$15970 Payout level
1023 Jack Maskill
1042 Cyril Andre

$15000 Min Cash
1148 Mauro Suriano
1164 Jan Eric Schwippert
1181 Daiva Byrne Barauskaite (had aces cracked by kings)
1182 Ben Dobson
1188 Leo Worthington-Leese
1209 William White
1213 Louis Salter
1264 Igor Dursel

Some other eliminations - Jeffrey Lisandro, Molly Mossey, Mike "Timex" McDonald, Martin Arce (no idea who he is but couldn't resist mentioning him), successive eliminations of Chinese players Yu Shen and Ye Shen in 1152th and 1153rd, the doubtless immaculately dressed Max Steinberg and double bracelet winner (dating back to 1995 & 2001) Steve Zolotow.

986 remain

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 09, 2019, 10:50:06 PM »

WSOP reporting Stu out of $3k.

Think they just saw him standing up to move tables as he has posted twice since then!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 10, 2019, 09:35:03 AM »

Day 3 has ended, everyone is in the money.

Just seen this on Twitter;

Click to see full-size image.

Progress continues......

Through to day 5 of The Main with just shy of 1.1m in chips. Starting to get a bit exciting now! 🤗 354 of 8,569 remain. LFG!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 10, 2019, 09:59:48 AM »

Paul Ephremsen
‏ @paulephremsen
25m25 minutes ago

Brutal beat at the end of the day my KK lost to QQ on river for 1.6m 😢 came 369th #WSOPMain
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 10:03:43 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 10, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »

Mitch Johnson 211/354 headed to day 5

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »

Jonathan McCann has 1,162000, and Pete Linton has ~400k too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 10, 2019, 08:56:12 PM »

Event 73 - $10K MAIN EVENT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NLH, Day 4 of 10, 8569 entries

Online qualifier tops the chip listings

The Day 4 chip lead is held by Canadian Dean Morrone, who bagged almost 5 million chips at the end of the night. This means he still has over 200 big blinds, and with the currnet payout level at $34K he has already more than tripled his lifetime live earnings according to the Hendon Mob database.

Denmark have the runner-up at this point in Lars Bonding, with Michael Messick in third.

All three former winners who entered Day 3 had to leave the playing area and head to the payout cage, Chris Moneymaker and Scotty Nguyen were followed out of the event by the last remaining previous Champion, Qui Nguyen.

354 players did make Day 5, including Antonio Esfandiari, Todd Brunson, 2013 runner-up Jay Farber, Mike The Mouth Matusow, Daniel Hachem (son of...) and three-time Superbowl winner Richard Seymour. Allen Kessler is also through, albeit with a short stack, the first time he has cashed in 16 WSOP Main Events (although he has cashed in a WSOP-E ME).

There looks like there is a two-pronged British challenge in the top 10, but Robert Heidorn is a German resident in the UK so the honours for top Brit goes to Sean Mills who has also already exceeded his career live earnings.

Oliver Bithell lies 22nd, Alex Zeligman is 29th, Nicholas Marchington is 32nd, Chris Sly is 50th and Craig McCorkell 53rd, all with 2.5m chips or more. Lower down, we can also wish good luck to Daniel Charlton, Carl Shaw, Andrew Martin, Yudhishter Jaswal, Jonathan McCann, Mitchell Johnson, Thomas Waters, Luke Brereton, Max Silver, Thomas Seaman, Marc Foggin and Peter Linton as they all endeavour to make the FT and ultimately win the $10million first prize.

Just time for a snapshot of a few GB players we lost along the way
Michael Kane, Paul Ephremesen, Alex Goulder, Robert McAdam and Mark Teltscher all departed with slips for $34845.
At the $30780 level, we lost Timothy Flanders, Thomas Drinkwater, Simon Deadman and Barny Boatman, and for $27390 Gilad Gutkin, Stuart McNally and Oliver Price were casualties.

Poker on TV tonight from 1:00am to 4:00am and from 4:30am to 6:00 so plenty of Day 5 coverage.

Event 75 - $1111 Little One for One Drop, 4 Day Event, Day 2, 6248 entries

The field was narrowed down to 412 players at the end of Day 2, with 4-time bracelet winner and last year's Player of the Year Shaun Deeb bagging the biggest stack at the halfway point.

Deeb is followed in second by Matt Souza and in third by Jeremy Dresch with the British challenge starting at 6th where we can find the name of Ian Simpson.

The next three "GB" names listed aren't actually British, so we look to 66th and find the name of William Overmire, who appears to be British resident in Australia (in fact he hasn't a single cash recorded in a UK based event). Rhys Jones, Usman Siddique and Sam Razavi are among the other British names still in.

Phil Hellmuth registered at the last minute, but didn't hang around for very long, but some of those who did make it through are David "ODB" Baker, Andy Bloch, Erick Lindgren, Mike Sexton and Loni Harwood.

Event 77 - $3K Limit Hold'em 6-max, Day 2 of 4, 193 entries

Only 6 left, so safe to assume this will be over within 3 days.

There's a Canadian in the lead in the Main, and one here too with Tu Dao leading from Alain Alinat, who appears to be a Frenchman resident in Thailand. In sixth place there is a rare appearance for a player from New Zealand on a final table - Jan Suchanek who will move in to second place in the all-time NZ money list whichever of the top 6 places he ends up in.

Both Stuart Rutter and Patrick Leonard registered a rare GB cash in Limit Hold'em, Rutter taking $5484 for 22nd and Leonard $6748 for 15th.

08/07/19 Event 90 - $50K Final Fifty High Roller NLH, Day 2 of 3, 123 entries.

71 unique players made up the 123 entries so there were plenty of re-entries involved here.

Brandon Adams won his first bracelet less than a week ago in Event 74, and he is in pole position for a second here, bagging up a stack that amounts to 75BB when he returns for the final table. Second is Adrian Mateos from Spain and Michael Addamo from Australia lies third. For the record the other players remaining are Danny Tang (from Hong Kong), Sam Soverel, Ali Imsirovic and Keith Tilston.

When there were 13 players left the chances of a GB winner were fairly decent, but one after another Talal Shakercki, Canay Ekmen, Ben Heath and Elior Sion all said their goodbyes and the event was bereft of Brits.

Event 78 - $1500 PLO Bounty, Day 1 of 3, 1140 entries

1140 have become 247 after day 1 of Event 78, with a British player well in contention - Richard Kellett from Chorley is in 2nd place overnight, trailing just Austria's Tobias Schwecht by a few thousand chips. Players from China and Japan fill the next two places before the first American, Jason Young from Suffern, New York.

A few notables remain - Jesse Sylvia, Bryce Yockey, Connor Drinan, Jeff Lisandro, JC Tran, Daniel Negreanu and Max Pescatori among them, while Kellett is joined by, among others, Timothy Chung, Paul Rigg, Joshua Green, Jerome Bradpiece and Toby Lewis flying the Union Flag.

Event 79 - $3K NLH, Day 1 of 4, 671 entries

148 qualifiers for Day 2 and we have a Magyar 1-2 as Vlad Darie and Andras Nemeth make it two Hungarians in the top two slots with Israel third in the shape of David Margi.

With all the focus on the main, and the 50K High Roller, this has gone under the radar in terms of NLH, but we have 8 British names to keep an eye on - Niall Murray, Patrick Leonard (fresh from his bustout in the Limit event), Chi Zhang, Damien Le Goff, Graeme Ladd, Tamer Kamel, Igor Dursel and Ben Dobson.

101 will make the money, with three-time bracelet winners Justin Bonomo and David Pham, two-time bracelet winners Kristen Bicknell and Athanasios Polychronopoulos plus Christoph Vogelsang, Rainer Kempe and Dan Zack (who is also still in Event 78) still looking to make that first checkpoint and then move on towards the FT.

To start today
Event 80 - $1500 Mixed NLH/PLO, 3 Day Event
Event 81 - $1500 Bracelet Winners Only NLH, 4 Day Event

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 10, 2019, 10:59:15 PM »

Early Day 5 Main Event Update

The first level of Day 5 has come and we've lost over 60 players in those two hours. It's not been a great level for the British players, as we've lost:

$38240 payout level
351. Thomas Seaman (apparently this is the son of former England goalkeeper David Seaman)
341. Peter Linton
323. Jonathan McCann
317. Marc Foggin (as part of a double knockout)
310. Max Silver
309. Luke Brereton (ran Queens into Kings)

We've also lost former chip leader Julian Milliard (now showing as Milliard-Feral) who bluffed off his last 1.5m chips, Cary Katz, Allen Kessler, former Final Tablers Tom Cannuli and Jay Farber, plus some of an already thin field of female players - Danielle Anderson, Jacqui Burkhart, Sasha Liu and April Shih

If this goes on, we might have to claim Robert Heidorn as "one of us" as he has recently moved more or less level with previous chip leader Dean Morrone. Sean Mills is more or less where he started, but Daniel Charlton, Oliver Bithell and Nicholas Marchington have all chipped up a little.

AlbusFawkes

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 10, 2019, 11:17:58 PM »

Early Day 5 Main Event Update

If this goes on, we might have to claim Robert Heidorn as "one of us" as he has recently moved more or less level with previous chip leader Dean Morrone. Sean Mills is more or less where he started, but Daniel Charlton, Oliver Bithell and Nicholas Marchington have all chipped up a little.

Is this Nicholas 'Notpompeynic' Marchington?  Grin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2019, 06:44:20 AM »

Monday's WSOP Main Event coverage on ESPN2 drew 346,000 viewers according to @ShowBuzzDaily.

The MLB Home Run Derby had 5,347,000 viewers on ESPN

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 11, 2019, 06:52:14 AM »

Day 3 has ended, everyone is in the money.

Just seen this on Twitter;

Progress continues......

Through to day 5 of The Main with just shy of 1.1m in chips. Starting to get a bit exciting now! 🤗 354 of 8,569 remain. LFG!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 11, 2019, 07:22:37 AM »

Second Day 5 Main Event Update

Down to a gross left in the Main Event, a couple of hours before the end of Day 5. It's possible they might play some extra time tonight to reduce the field a little as it appears they're a little behind schedule.

The current chip leaders are an international mix of Warwick Mirzikinian (Australia), Milos Skrbic (Serbia) and Kim Jiwoon (Korea).

Laurids Nielsen is listed on Hendon Mob as Irish, he sits inside the top 10 with two other Brits not Brits in Robert Heidorn and Florian Duta, plus one true homegrown Brit in Nicholas Marchington (who of course still is not Pompeynic).

Antonio Esfandiari has built a very nice stack, and also still in is Alex Foxen, Dario Sammartino, Jeff Madsen, Todd Witteles and recent bracelet winner, Brazilian pro Yuri Dzivielevski. NFL superstar Richard Seymour and son of former winner Daniel Hachem are also among the last 144, with the final female player being Jill Bryant.

Other than Marchington, Oliver Bithell is 31st, Sean Mills, Carl Shaw and Daniel Charlton are all in the 60s and Chris Sly is among the shorter stacks.

GB Eliminations to catch up on:

$50855 - Mitchell Johnson (187th), Andrew Martin (190th), Tom Waters (206th)
$43934 - Craig McCorkell (236th), Alex Zeligman (247th), Yudhishter Jaswal (261st)

One player I wanted to mention just becuase of his name - Quentin Siffledeen from Canada. Sounds like a character from the Harry Potter series to me.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 11, 2019, 08:34:25 AM »

That's my viewing whilst I get the sleep pattern sorted over the weekend, then.

Pleased and guttted for Mitch. 50 lumps a nice score, but sure it's only a few buyins for him in the cash games nowadays.

Owe him a pint, too. Saved me a few hours when I bumped into him regging for the mini-main zoo... Drove back up to Fast-trac, bought in on the phone, and was out of there in 10 minutes.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »

Event 73 - $10K MAIN EVENT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP NLH, Day 5 of 10, 8569 entries

Guess Su's back, back again. Timmy's back, tell a friend

It's not very often than an early day chip leader regains the lead in the Main Event this deep, but that's what Timothy Su did, and in style. A late run of big hands took him to over 19m chips, a long way clear of nearest rival, Canadian pro Sam Greenwood who bagged just under 12m.

Duey Dong lies in 4th spot, with Warwick Mirzikinian and Luke Graham also over the 11m mark.

Then we come to the top Brit - not-Pompeynic Nicholas Marchington. He bagged 10.8m which is still a very healthy 135BB for the start of Day 6.

After the "Plastic Brits" of Nielsen, Duta and Heidorn, we can find a few other GB names still vying for the massive first prize - Oliver Bithell bagged 5.5m, Daniel Charlton 4.1m, Christopher Sly 3.6m and Carl Shaw 1.6m

During the last couple of hours of Day 5 we lost NFL star Richard Seymour, the last woman standing Jill Bryant, Todd Witteles, Brian Yoon and Quentin Siffledeen. There was one more GB elimination too - Sean Mills went out in 113rd spot for $59295.

106 are still left in with the biggest name among them undoubtedly Antonio Esfandiari. "The Magician" is making his 4th appearance in the last 200 and sits with plenty of chips to play with. Others include Chris Hunichen, Garry Gates, Yuri Dzivielevski, Alex Foxen and 4-time bracelet winner Jeff Madsen.

I keep wanting to include a line about Mihai Manole having someone covered or Fan Fan being on the wrong end of a cooler, but there's still time as both those players are through to Day 6,

I can't see that there is any TV coverage tonight, I'll update later if that is wrong.

Event 75 - $1111 Little One for One Drop, Day 3 of 4, 6248 entries

Down to 48 from 412 on Day 3, with the chip lead belonging to Mike Dentale ahead of PierrePaul Pailin and Zachary Donovan.

A couple of Brits involved, both very accomplished players, Shola Akindele is 19th and Sam Razavi 41st, but not really too many well known names involved as this event comes to a conclusion.

Event 77 - $3K Limit Hold'em 6-max, Day 3 of 4, 193 entries

Looks like they had a day off, so the FT will take place tonight.

08/07/19 Event 90 - $50K Final Fifty High Roller NLH, Day 3 of 3, 123 entries.

Can we claim half a British bracelet here? Daniel Tang grew up in the UK and has dual UK/Hong Kong nationality but plays under the flag of the former British territory, and it is thus the second bracelet credited to HK after Anson Tsang won one last autumn in Rozvadov.

Tang beat Sam Soverel heads up to win the bracelet and over $1.6m, Soverel took home $992. Near namesakes Michael Addamo and Brandon Adams finshed third and fourth.

Event 78 - $1500 PLO Bounty, Day 2 of 3, 1140 entries

42 isn't just the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe and Everything but also the number of players who have made Day 3 of Event 78.

If I told you the chip leader was Kazuhiko Yotsushika, I would guess 99.9% of you would get his country of origin correct - he is from Tokyo, Japan. Second is Joao Simao and third Joseph Liberta.

Plenty of interesting names elsewhere in the 42 - Toby Lewis and Timothy Chung both represent the UK inside the Top 10, Jesse Sylvia and Bryce Yockey both also have decent stacks and lurking with the smallest stack of all is Daniel Negreanu.

Event 79 - $3K NLH, Day 2 of 4, 671 entries

Yesterday we had two Hungarians at the top of the chip listings, well that's reduced to one today as Andres Nemeth sits alone atop the reports with nearly 2.9m chips, a significant margin over David Gonzalez and Jonas Mackoff.

There's at least one bracelet holder still in this - Michael Turneic, and one Brit - Patrick Leonard whose name I seem to have been typing a lot over the last couple of weeks. Perhaps this is the time for him to rack up a really deep run?

Event 80 - $1500 Mixed NLH/PLO, Day 1 of 3, 1250 entries

Still quite a way from the money here as 188 will get paid and 340 players will resume action for Day 2.

Corey Wright is the chip leader ahead of two Las Vegans, Ramali Kusnadi and Chance Kornuth.

Robert is representing the Mizrachi family here and lies 6th just ahead of Shaun Deeb who seems to be playing just about everything to try and retain the Player of the Year Title. I can also see the likes of Anton Morgenstern, David "ODB" Baker, Sylvain Loosli plus a very strong GB contingent - Richard Gryko, Ben Dobson, John Kabbaj, Iaron Lightbourne, Philip Clarke, Peter Linton, Sam Welbourne, Barny Boatman, Philip Long, George Demetriou, Xizhe Yuan, Chris Moorman and Max Silver. Almost a "Who's Who" of GB Tournament Poker.

Event 81 - $1500 Bracelet Winners Only NLH, Day 1 of 4, 143 entries so far

A very interesting cross-section of Bracelet winners, with just over 50 of them making Day 2 (late reg is open until the start of Day 2) with India's Nikita Luther the chip leader. She won her bracelet as part of the tag-team champions last June.

A couple of men who have won the biggest bracelet of them all, Chris Ferguson and Joe Cada, played and qualified from Day 1, with just one British name (who also won her bracelet in a tag team event), Liv Boeree.

To start today
Event 82 - $1500 NLH Double Stack, 2 Day Event
Event 83 - $100K NLH High Roller, 3 Day Event

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2019, 08:26:05 PM »

What are "plastic Brits"?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: