blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:27:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Hi All, I need help tracking an old friend. (Bobby1)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi All, I need help tracking an old friend. (Bobby1)  (Read 8198 times)
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2019, 10:48:06 AM »

Hi John, hope you are keeping well.

Hi Dewi,

I'm great mate, thanks for asking. How's things with you? Still playing this silly card game are you?
Good John Thanks, don't seem to have the patience anymore so just playing a few s&g now and again.

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Cupcake

Schadenfreuden

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 05:07:29 PM »

wow long time no see john hope your saving for my birthday bash in vegas next year

Hello Ironside,

How are you my good friend? It's been a long time mate. Are you still up there in the outer Hebrides?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 09:14:45 PM »

wow long time no see john hope your saving for my birthday bash in vegas next year

Hello Ironside,

How are you my good friend? It's been a long time mate. Are you still up there in the outer Hebrides?

not quite that far but yeah still up north, lovely place to live. not been to healthy so not been traveling or playing poker but nothing serious enough to stop be going to vegas next year for my 24th birthday

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Cupcake

Schadenfreuden

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2019, 12:43:34 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about your health mate. I hope you're feeling better now. I'm getting nearer to you...I've recently moved to Durham in the North east and I love it here, can't understand a word they say sometimes, but I wish I'd moved here years ago.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 07:05:02 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about your health mate. I hope you're feeling better now. I'm getting nearer to you...I've recently moved to Durham in the North east and I love it here, can't understand a word they say sometimes, but I wish I'd moved here years ago.

Welcome to the joys of North East living.
The spaces, the coast, the people, the scenic views, the price of a pint, the price of somewhere to live, the ability to breathe and to relax.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2019, 02:25:33 PM »

Yeah your close enough to Newcastle not to need to waste money on buying a coat either

you need to take a spin up north John enjoy the true beauty of scotland

Cupcake

Schadenfreuden

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 12:15:29 AM »

Welcome to the joys of North East living.
The spaces, the coast, the people, the scenic views, the price of a pint, the price of somewhere to live, the ability to breathe and to relax.

Many thanks, I'ts truly beautiful up here.

John.
Cupcake

Schadenfreuden

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 12:16:55 AM »

Yeah your close enough to Newcastle not to need to waste money on buying a coat either

I've been to Scotland many times mate.  thumbs up
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2019, 03:30:43 AM »

I've been to Scotland many times mate.  thumbs up

well give me a shout if you come up as far as aberdeen or inverness

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2019, 09:20:46 PM »

Many thanks for passing my details on to John, Tony.

We had a great catch up earlier in the week.  He's living ooop north with a Bulgarian body builder now, at least I think that's what he said.;-)

All of the great sporting moments memories I have in my life don't involve me as a participant and John making the last 3 tables at the WSOP and copping all that cash is still in my top 5 now.

Spookily enough Tony, my number 1 is still the 1985 Black ball final. As you know John is a really good snooker player and told me the other day that since returning to play regularly he wanted to make a century break but had been falling short in the 90's. He's playing a frame the other day where the yellow is tied up and as he's clearing up the reds and colours he asks for a score check from his oppo who tells him that last ball puts him on xx. John works out he can pot the last couple of reds and decent colours and doesn't need to move the yellow to get to a 100 break.

So he plays for the blue and pots it off the last red and then just whacks the yellow off the cushion round the table. At this point the other guy turns to him and says sorry mate, I counted em up wrong, you scored 99 there not 101.

A proper FFS moment but he didn't blame the other guy and said ' I should have checked the scores and done the math myself'

I love proper men, even Bulgarian body builders.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 09:23:29 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2019, 07:13:04 PM »

Many thanks for passing my details on to John, Tony.

We had a great catch up earlier in the week.  He's living ooop north with a Bulgarian body builder now, at least I think that's what he said.;-)

All of the great sporting moments memories I have in my life don't involve me as a participant and John making the last 3 tables at the WSOP and copping all that cash is still in my top 5 now.

Spookily enough Tony, my number 1 is still the 1985 Black ball final. As you know John is a really good snooker player and told me the other day that since returning to play regularly he wanted to make a century break but had been falling short in the 90's. He's playing a frame the other day where the yellow is tied up and as he's clearing up the reds and colours he asks for a score check from his oppo who tells him that last ball puts him on xx. John works out he can pot the last couple of reds and decent colours and doesn't need to move the yellow to get to a 100 break.

So he plays for the blue and pots it off the last red and then just whacks the yellow off the cushion round the table. At this point the other guy turns to him and says sorry mate, I counted em up wrong, you scored 99 there not 101.

A proper FFS moment but he didn't blame the other guy and said ' I should have checked the scores and done the math myself'

I love proper men, even Bulgarian body builders.

I never knew, or if I did I forgot, that John was a bit of a snooker player.

My memories of John were his 18th place in the WSOP for a third of a milly. I've "hosted" or helped host literally hundreds of players at the WSOP for Wm Hill & Sky Poker, but none did as well as that, though Sue Norsden, a lovely lady but pure recreational, won $330,000 some 5 years later, but the fields were much bigger by then & she finished 300th or thereabouts.

John's WSOP was the one Hachem won, with Andy Black in 5th. It was the first WSOP held at The Rio as I recall.

I remember his exit hand was 8-8, but not much else to be honest. I do recall we all went out for a meal in Fremont Street one day.

Other than that my main memories of John were his horrendous dress sense - oh my, do you remember those dreadful shirts he used to wear? - only Chompy dressed worse than that.  

And, of course, his finely chiselled body & superb posture.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2019, 07:17:58 PM »

I never knew John was a snooker player either but I can understand him having an affinity with the cue-ball.

Hi John I hope all is well. x

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Cupcake

Schadenfreuden

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2019, 12:37:49 AM »

I never knew John was a snooker player either but I can understand him having an affinity with the cue-ball.

Hi Karabiner, I'm good thanks mate. How's things with you? Are you still going DTD?

John.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2019, 12:48:47 AM »

Hi Karabiner, I'm good thanks mate. How's things with you? Are you still going DTD?

John.

I'm very well thanks John but I went off poker since re-entries and late registration changed the game.

I've not been to DTD for at least a couple of years now.

Do you play at all in London these days?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2019, 10:53:09 AM »

John! What a legend, hope you’re keeping well mate
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: