blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  A thread about Zeus. Mainly started for people remotely interested in Zeus....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A thread about Zeus. Mainly started for people remotely interested in Zeus....  (Read 8637 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 05:04:12 PM »

Pictures of Zeus please

Instructions on how to insert pictures please.

I used to use photobucket but apparently that doesn't play ball any more.

I use Imgur.

Works roughly the same as PhotoBucket, is completely free, & you don't need to download anything. Even I can use Imgur reasonably easily.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2019, 05:37:09 PM »

He came with the name already attached.

We happened to find each other by chance really. I got talking to a mechanic at the local garage who I know quite well and somehow the conversation turned to dogs. We got talking about Ronnie and Rottweilers in general then he mentioned that his sister had two of them, one of whom she thought she would have to give up.

Her circumstances are quite sad really. Her other dog is Zeus' mum so she's had him literally since the day he was born. She separated from her husband and then found herself with two rottweilers, a child and a full time job. Sadly something had to give.....

She refused to send him somewhere unknown but when I came along she made the heart wrenching decision to do what she knew was best for the dog.

We'd first spoken about it in November of last year. I took him for a long weekend as a trial in April and we made it permanent in May.

I have to say she's done a wonderful job of raising him. His temperament is fantastic and he wouldn't hurt a fly. I can take him anywhere without worrying so we go to the local pub most Friday nights for a few pints. He's become a regular there and loads of people love to give him a fuss.

It's amazing how many people warm to a Rottweiler. I think it's because they have a bit of a reputation and also look a bit intimidating. Once people realise that he's just an over grown teddy bear they're all over him.

I remember being shit scared the first time I saw Ronnie.

Have a Cane Corso now who sounds very similar to Zeus. Huge and mean looking but just an absolute sweetheart of a hound.

I’ve really loved this journey and learning experience with bigger breed dogs.

Did you think you would get another dog once Ronnie passed away?

Uncle Cos,

Is the Cane Torso the black one? Are the other 2 yours as well? (stolen from Twitter).

Click to see full-size image.

Yes Teeks. I’d love to post a current pic (no idea how) as he’s grown a bit since then. He’s about 55kg now. Took him for a really long play at a dog park at the weekend and I had to lift him into the back of the car after because he was so spent he couldn’t even jump into it!

Yeah the other 2 are mine also. Little one I’ve had since Amatay left Thailand. I needed to replace Simon with something similar so naturally a street dog was rescued. Much like Amatay, this little one will try and shag anything with a pulse but he’s probably a bit better than Simon at poker.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2019, 05:41:57 PM »

Cos & The Evil One.

Are you able to attach photos to e-Mails?

If you are, just say so, & I'll PM you my e-Mail address as a temporary measure, send me the photos & I'll upload them until you get sorted.

Or, in the case of Cos, stick them on Twitter & I'll copy them from there.  I already "Follow" you, as you know. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2019, 06:09:11 PM »

I remember being shit scared the first time I saw Ronnie.

Have a Cane Corso now who sounds very similar to Zeus. Huge and mean looking but just an absolute sweetheart of a hound.

I’ve really loved this journey and learning experience with bigger breed dogs.

Did you think you would get another dog once Ronnie passed away?

He was a bit of a beast though was big Ron. Such a loving boy with those he knew but also incredibly unpredictable with strangers. Perfect 99% of the time but as you come across more than 100 people on your daily walk there's no choice but to watch him like a hawk 100% of the time. I have to admit I was constantly on edge if we were in public and there were a lot of people around, not so much as he got to 7+ years old but even then you can never forget the odd time he showed what he was capable of in his early days.

Zeus is so much easier around people as he's just a softy. This doesn't mean he's better than Ronnie, just different. There were elements of Ronnie that were far better than Zeus, his recall and lead walking for example were amazing. I have to admit though it's lovely being able to go to the pub with him and have a couple of steady pints with the lads.

I had a dog break for about a year and a half after Ronnie died but I always knew I'd get another. For a while the freedom was nice, being able to do anything without first considering how it affected the dog was great and also going to the gym at whatever time suited my was good. I was also in the process of doing up a house which being dog free made much easier.

If Zeus hadn't come along I'd probably have been getting one around now anyway. I wasn't sure what to get and to be honest it probably wouldn't be a Rottie. My mum really didn't want me getting a big dog as she's quite weary of them so me going for a German Shepherd or Rottie wasn't going down too well.

She was horrified when she knew I was getting Zeus but then after she met him a few times she absolutely loves him and even plays fetch with him in the garden Smiley

Have you had your Cane Corso from a pup?

I forget just how big Ronnie was but he was big and mean looking. Much against my wishes, I was never allowed a dog as a kid and so when I almost met Ronnie my energy would have been nervous. No one picks up and feeds off of energy better than dogs so it was probably best at that time I never really got to pet him.

I got my Cane Corso and Central Asian Shepherd (Alabai) both as pups at the same time about a year and a half ago and it’s been a great learning experience. The Shepherd has always been the pack leader and I don’t know whether the Cane Corso was naturally a huge pussy by DNA or whether it was because Bear could be a bit of a ***** at times. He’s really coming into his own now and gaining in confidence.

When I have time I will try and join in this thread. Advance apologies for the hijacks.

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2019, 06:15:49 PM »

Cos & The Evil One.

If you are, just say so, & I'll PM you my e-Mail address as a temporary measure, send me the photos & I'll upload them until you get sorted.

Or, in the case of Cos, stick them on Twitter & I'll copy them from there.  I already "Follow" you, as you know. 

Cheers Teeks sent u a few pics on the Tweeter thingy x

@GreekStein on twitter.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2019, 06:19:47 PM »

Cos & The Evil One.

Cheers Teeks sent u a few pics on the Tweeter thingy x

For some reason i'm unable to copy them. Can you e-Mail them to me if I send you my e-Mail addy? Or PM them to me on blonde, either works. I just can't seem to copy photos from Twitter DM's. I can copy from the "open" Twitter feed though.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2019, 07:48:29 PM »

Pics of the pooch please.

Our Rottweiler died about 4 years ago exactly.
She was a lovely girl, soft as shit. Hated cats, and small dogs that would jump up and yap at her. She could tolerate them for about 20 seconds before she'd unleash a big bark.

Strangers were, understandably, a bit wary of her, but this was more due to the breed reputation than anything as she had a very gentle manner. Would walk her off the lead and never had any issues or problems. Once random people on her walks got to know her they were always so affectionate towards her, and naturally she loved the attention.
And she definitely mellowed out even more in her twilight years.

Think she was about 9 before she kicked the bucket; went out into the garden one morning for a piss, collapsed and never woke up. We knew something was up as in the days before that she was shunning food and walks. Her time had simply and sadly come.

I think back to when she was a pup and young rotties are outrageously cute. Just want them to stay that way forever Smiley

Best Bitter.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2019, 10:32:59 PM »

I don't normally do selfies but every now and then an opportunity arises that has to be taken advantage of:

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2019, 10:41:06 PM »

This is how he spends most of his time. Do you think he's settled in?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2019, 10:41:15 PM »

I don't normally do selfies but every now and then an opportunity arises that has to be taken advantage of:

Did you know that domesticated dogs only developed eyebrows because they make them more appealing to humans?

The older I get, the better I was.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2019, 10:46:58 PM »

Did you know that domesticated dogs only developed eyebrows because they make them more appealing to humans?

I have vague recollections of reading something like that in the past but I certainly couldn't claim to have known it.

I can't think of many whose eyebrows are as prominent as a Rottweilers. Seems to be that black and tan breeds show them really well but the Rotties are proper little bumps as well as having the colour.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2019, 11:00:06 PM »

Terrific pictures Matt.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2019, 09:58:47 AM »

This is how he spends most of his time. Do you think he's settled in?

Haha! Fabulous, my Rottie Harry used to lie like that too! Great photo, more please.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2019, 02:00:33 PM »

I wonder how this happened?

Is it possible that they found raising their eyes got them affection and over time they developed the muscles to make it happen naturally?

Evolution. Marvellous.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2019, 02:13:26 PM »

I wonder how this happened?

Is it possible that they found raising their eyes got them affection and over time they developed the muscles to make it happen naturally?

Evolution. Marvellous.

I once watched a program about domesticating foxes.

Apparently it takes about 13 generations to domesticate a fox.

The real OMG part was, as soon as they become domesticated they slowly start producing offspring with mutations that make them look more appealing. Floppy ears, bigger eyes, colour sploches etc.

It's almost beyond credibility.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: