blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:14:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Sailing Around the World.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sailing Around the World.  (Read 8346 times)
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 02:34:05 PM »

Finished the lot yesterday.  Loved it mostly, but didn't like the asking for money but.  Weird really, as I'd took their films for free.  Sending money for someone to do THAT just seemed a bit much.  Good luck to them though, would love to do it. 

As an aside to sailor types, why no life jackets, especially when it is blowing a bit?  Seems you could trip or get knocked overboard with a not insignificant chance. Just seems wearing just the latest swimsuit is a needless risk, even if it makes better viewing.  Or is it a bit like the tv Chefs who never seem to wash their hands?

Yeah worried me about the lack of life jackets also. I think some of the comments were the same. Kids eh! no telling em.

Wondered how much they have been getting in donations. Obv have a massive following, last episode up only a day & already 30000+ views, You Tube income must add up over a period of time, but no idea how much you can earn on there.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 12:31:36 PM »

Watched the first 5 episodes of this yesterday - enjoying it so far. Riley and Elayna are really quite entertaining and seem to be up beat throughout, if when they seem to hit a relatively big problem.

As mentioned above, I particularly like the fact they are asking for money to fund it. But I guess if they can get away with it and people are happy to do so then, crack on.

Does look very appealing, but very hard work!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 03:38:07 PM »

Does anybody still follow this.  I catch up every so often.  Was pretty shocked to see this though.

fair play to them.  Not sure where they are going to take it given they are half way round the world already.

For those who have seen them all, this is quite good too, though he hasn't run so good, and it isn't quite so glamorous.  Absoloutely hate the way he says "kombi life", and his tightwaddery can be annoying too. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 02:07:11 PM »

Does anybody still follow this.  I catch up every so often.  Was pretty shocked to see this though.

fair play to them.  Not sure where they are going to take it given they are half way round the world already.

For those who have seen them all, this is quite good too, though he hasn't run so good, and it isn't quite so glamorous.  Absoloutely hate the way he says "kombi life", and his tightwaddery can be annoying too. 

I tend to catch up on an ep or two when I have a spare half hour or so, did become really annoying how they were using so many sales tactics to fund their ridiculous life style - but fair play. Hadn't seen that clip of their new boat, pretty sick.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 08:23:37 PM »

I've been watching Sailing La Vagabond for a while. Great series. I also watch a guy called Spud Fit. He's a 30 something guy who's lost 50kgs in 9 months eating only potatoes. Really entertaining.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 11:52:41 AM »

I still follow these two, though Delos is better.

Anyway they now have a million followers, a baby and Greta Thunberg on board.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-50403488

I wonder if they are prepared fpr all the knuckleheads she'll attract?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2019, 02:31:20 PM »

They're probably nicking a good few quid with > 1m subs.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCZdQjaSoLjIzFnWsDQOv4ww

And a hefty Patreon, too!

https://www.patreon.com/LaVagabonde
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 02:33:19 PM by Marky147 » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 03:22:25 PM »

I suspected the were doing ok, but I haven't looked at their patreon page for ages.  Probably getting serious wedge these days, their boat is in the million quid range but is leased on a deal.  I dare say that Outremer have done pretty well from a deal that was signed when they had a much lower number of subscribers.

I have been doing a bit of reading around, and the North Atlantic in November is no walk in the park and am guessing they have to head North in search of wind where it is colder.  Poor little Lenny is going to have a bumpy ride. I remember when my two were young and all the stuff you have to do to stop them killing themselves.  I think deep down  wish I'd lived my life their way.  I can see why they have brought in a very experienced sailor to help though.

The Daily Mail website is a treat for this story.  "Bet their boat isn't made of old soiled nappies, blah blah blah".  It is pretty clear that the way those two live that they have a pretty low environmental impact compared with most of us (though I don't know where you allocate all the energy used from people watching their videos on youtube). 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 04:32:55 PM »

I suspected the were doing ok, but I haven't looked at their patreon page for ages.  Probably getting serious wedge these days, their boat is in the million quid range but is leased on a deal.  I dare say that Outremer have done pretty well from a deal that was signed when they had a much lower number of subscribers.

I have been doing a bit of reading around, and the North Atlantic in November is no walk in the park and am guessing they have to head North in search of wind where it is colder.  Poor little Lenny is going to have a bumpy ride. I remember when my two were young and all the stuff you have to do to stop them killing themselves.  I think deep down  wish I'd lived my life their way.  I can see why they have brought in a very experienced sailor to help though.

The Daily Mail website is a treat for this story.  "Bet their boat isn't made of old soiled nappies, blah blah blah".  It is pretty clear that the way those two live that they have a pretty low environmental impact compared with most of us (though I don't know where you allocate all the energy used from people watching their videos on youtube). 

4,000 patreon members, so if you assume all subscribers are on the bottom tier, and they get 50% of generated income. That gives them $6k a month from that, without the lumpy YouTube money coming in on top.

Lol @ soiled nappies.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2020, 11:36:19 PM »

They have just started loading up the Greta Thunberg videos.  I don't know if it is just going to be one a week, but the intro to the trip is up.

For spoilers of the trip, Nikki Henderson (a British expert sailor) was on board and gave daily facebook updates which I enjoyed, as I think she writes really well. They were short due to circumstances, but got across enough info about the trip and the emotions of it.  Just scroll down to November 13 and scroll up from there.

https://www.facebook.com/nikki.henderson.sailing/

I am really looking forward to this, as I am sure we'll see much more of the real Greta and what is obviously going to be a difficult trip (spoiler: she doesn't die).  I saw a video of a live press conference when they landed and for her age, I thought she dealt with the questions really well.  I can't imagine I'd be anything other than all over the place after a winter crossing of the Atlantic.

As an aside, the video hasn't been up long and is already attracting a lot of dislikes (they normally get a hugely positive ratio of likes to dislikes), but she seems to attract more than her fair share of haters.  Can you imagine the Donald's reaction if she gets that Nobel Peace Prize?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 12:06:20 AM by Doobs » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: