blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:46:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 356939 times)
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #930 on: March 28, 2020, 11:59:55 PM »

Messrs Evil and Bopkin. Have to say I'm very impressed with the way you are getting on with this and protecting your employees and companies as best you can. Sure this was never part of any continuity planning you might do. I can't quite imagine the underlying stress this must have caused. Really good luck fellas and hope Yr companies go from strength to strength when things are normalised.

+100

Top blokes, and look forward to eventually sharing some beverages once we're allowed out of the country Grin

More likely for me now. I wasn't joining Matt and James in July due to the imminent mini Bopkin, that would have been a push even for me.
November was looking likely for Matt and I, but the way things are going I can imagine that not happening so ......

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNE 2021

Ok got this far and 100% yes to this also.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 29, 2020, 10:58:58 AM »

I think it's open knowledge isnt it that they expect it to peak 2 weeks after the lockdown was introduced. Even with people still out and about the social interaction has been suppressed massively.

Were not on the same trajectory as Italy, isnt that to do with the number of old people who still leave with their children and grandchildren.

Peaking in 2 weeks is great but that means our graph will be low and long. More lives saved but the lockdown will be in place for 3 maybe 4 months?

The evidence from China says peak 32 days after full lockdown, it’s hard to envisage a scenario (with a less stringent lockdown) where we beat that. It does seem credible that Italy/Spain is disadvantaged by having multiple generations of families in the same house. It seems to be too early to say how we are doing relative to those countries though, as we are still so early on the exponential growth phase. I think the JBM chart is still the best I’ve seen, he has some serious bright people advising him on it as well. The next week is key for us and it’s clearly concerning that our epicentre is one of the most densely populated places in Europe, more similar to NYC and Madrid than Lombardy.

I'll have a look for the JBM chart later.

Is 32 for the peak of deaths and 14 for the peak of infections as it takes longer for people to succumb to the illness than be a confirmed cases
NYC is going to be the worst hit place in the world by the sound of it. The lady I own work with lives there and her and her family are lucky enough to have driven out to a friends holiday home. They dont expect to be able to.think about going home till June.

That would be peak fatalities, I really don’t think that date for peak infections is credible (but I obviously can’t be certain). The problem is no one really has sufficiently good data and no two countries have taken an (anywhere near) identical approach. It’s going to be a long haul for all of us. Good luck with the new baby and let’s hope everything gets sorted as soon as possible for your business. I‘m lucky to be comprehensively quarantining and just waiting it out to restart my immunotherapy. Early on it seemed to be following me everywhere I went, I was in the French Alps near the Italian border in February, then when they announced the case at the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, I’d been there three days in the previous week. Finally returned to the safety of Wales to stay with my parents for a while and they were airlifting one of the early Welsh cases out of Underhill Park.

Just found the JBM chart. Certainly removed a little of my optimism.

Thanks for the well wishes, going to be pretty strange from what we have been warned about so far but I should have a good update for tomorrow.

Hope you get back to your immunotherapy as soon as possible and it goes as well as it can. We have a lady at work having that and chemo. The whole thing is bad enough with out wondering if sessions will go ahead or not.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 29, 2020, 02:45:34 PM »

Marvellous - some smartass scheduler has put Groundhog Day on the telly.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 29, 2020, 03:55:38 PM »

Interesting stuff.

Think Doobs will like Smiley

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 29, 2020, 04:30:45 PM »

For the tin foil hatters....

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 29, 2020, 04:49:30 PM »

Watched that the day he posted it. Won't get those 45 minutes back... Those damn reptilian overlords!

That Brian rubs me the wrong way as well.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 29, 2020, 07:08:19 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52084517

i'll take the overs on 12 months

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 29, 2020, 07:41:58 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52084517

i'll take the overs on 12 months

Why?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 29, 2020, 07:58:09 PM »

vaccine will be 12-18 months before its tested and produced in quantity i think some will be back soon but 12 months for the at risk people to get back to going to pub

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 29, 2020, 08:57:00 PM »

vaccine will be 12-18 months before its tested and produced in quantity i think some will be back soon but 12 months for the at risk people to get back to going to pub

At risk are the minority, though. Most people aren't going to be over 12 months?

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 29, 2020, 09:50:15 PM »

At risk are the minority, though. Most people aren't going to be over 12 months?

I suppose things might never go back to 'normal' completely.

I'm still pretty happy with June for a lot of the restrictions to be lifted.
Pretty annoying there is no Betfair market!!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 29, 2020, 09:59:07 PM »

My old man has been rough for a couple months, and tried getting a procedure done privately last week when the NHS said it would be a 3 week wait. They couldn't even do that, as been instructed at the private clinic down here to stop taking cases.

Then it got really bad on Friday, so he called Dr and they too him off in ambo. Done a lot of scans/biopsies and looks like he has ulcerative colitis. Was in with one other bloke in a 6 bay room, and this other bloke develops a fever, so now the old man is in isolation until this other blokes tests come back. Couldn't make it up, he's not even allowed to use the showers, and has to wash in his room etc. He's loving the oromorph, though Smiley

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 29, 2020, 10:13:45 PM »

My old man has been rough for a couple months, and tried getting a procedure done privately last week when the NHS said it would be a 3 week wait. They couldn't even do that, as been instructed at the private clinic down here to stop taking cases.

Then it got really bad on Friday, so he called Dr and they too him off in ambo. Done a lot of scans/biopsies and looks like he has ulcerative colitis. Was in with one other bloke in a 6 bay room, and this other bloke develops a fever, so now the old man is in isolation until this other blokes tests come back. Couldn't make it up, he's not even allowed to use the showers, and has to wash in his room etc. He's loving the oromorph, though Smiley

Nightmare....best of luck to him.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 29, 2020, 10:31:21 PM »

Nightmare....best of luck to him.

Cheers Smiley

Think fielding calls about 3m mortgage breaks took him over the edge.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 29, 2020, 11:12:30 PM »

Can't beat a bit of Sister Morphine to take the pain away, hope he's back to his best soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C39kQoprfP0

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: