blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:03:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 354061 times)
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: September 24, 2020, 11:23:03 AM »

Yeah I only plan on turning it on to get into the gym because it's mandatory and will be trying to angle out of it if not enforced.

If I'm meant to self-isolate because I've stood next to someone with it in Tesco I would like a guarantee first that Rishi will pay my wages for 2 weeks.

This is the problematic consequence of all the U-turns and bad comms. Everyone has an out now of following the rules whether they are correct or not in specific instances.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: September 24, 2020, 11:27:17 AM »

Next question.  I booked my flu vaccine for the 17th October, but when I rang they said I was eligible for the pnuemonia vaccine too.  It bamboozled me so much that I didn't take them up on that bit.  As soon as I put the phone down, I regretted it, as I definitely don't want that either.

Do other people get offered that, as it just a select few?  I think it might have something to do with sleep apnoea, but am not entirely sure.

i was rang up and offered flu, but not pneumonia. must be related to re-existing stuff on file?

I was offered the pneumonia jab when I had my first flu jab. I suggest that for anyone having the flu jab to ask for this also either when you go or when you book. As it's a one off jab that lasts a lifetime, if you are able to have one, do it before you get old enough to forget if you have had one.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: September 24, 2020, 11:38:23 AM »

Next question.  I booked my flu vaccine for the 17th October, but when I rang they said I was eligible for the pnuemonia vaccine too.  It bamboozled me so much that I didn't take them up on that bit.  As soon as I put the phone down, I regretted it, as I definitely don't want that either.

Do other people get offered that, as it just a select few?  I think it might have something to do with sleep apnoea, but am not entirely sure.

i was rang up and offered flu, but not pneumonia. must be related to re-existing stuff on file?

I was offered the pneumonia jab when I had my first flu jab. I suggest that for anyone having the flu jab to ask for this also either when you go or when you book. As it's a one off jab that lasts a lifetime, if you are able to have one, do it before you get old enough to forget if you have had one.

Right, will ring them back later.   1.01 I will have no recollection in 10 years.  There is a link between sleep apnoea and pneumonia that I discovered earlier, so I should probably have just said yes in the first place. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3048 on: September 24, 2020, 11:40:42 AM »

I can't get one till Oct 29th

Nice one Red (I lolled)

You and I are usually on the same wavelength but this has whooshed me  

The older I get, the better I was.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: September 24, 2020, 12:07:12 PM »

.... If you have a Huawei phone dont even bother downloading it, it will not work as Google/Apple (who own the technology used, which is what made me slightly less anxious about privacy) refuse to let it work on Huawei models.

To clarify - they won't work on new Huawei phones (or Windows phones) because Google Play Services aren't included on those models of phones.

If you have Google Play and if you can download it - then it will work.

EDIT: more accurately
"To install and use the NHS COVID-19 app, your phone will need Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 4 or above and Operating System software Android Marshmallow, or iOS 13.5 or above". If your phone can't support it then it should either be not available to download or be marked as unsupported.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:10:24 PM by Jon MW » Logged

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: September 24, 2020, 01:05:44 PM »

to the people that never normally use bluetooth i assume you dont link phone to car?

i have blue tooth enabled 24/7 doesn't really effect my battery use

i downloaded the protect Scotland app again hasn't effected my phone at all
the fact the only time i am near anyone for more than 1 minute is at the hospital doubt the app will make any difference to me

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: September 24, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »

to the people that never normally use bluetooth i assume you dont link phone to car?

the fact the only time i am near anyone for more than 1 minute is at the hospital doubt the app will make any difference to me

How can you possibly know?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: September 24, 2020, 04:47:59 PM »

2 phones both one with bluetooth for my car other doesn't use blue tooth both use very similar otherwise both have similar battery use

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: September 24, 2020, 05:31:04 PM »

This made me snigger a bit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mr_Dave_Haslam/status/1306910095125745664

I like people questioning how governments behave. Ian's been on Twitter since 2009. He's said nothing about austerity, homelessness, Grenfell, homophobia, climate change, racism, or the killing of George Floyd.... But he's upset about wearing a mask to go to M&S in Altrincham.

Dave Haslam used to be one of the big djs when Madchester was a thing.

Kind of disappointed that Ian Brown has turned out this way.  The Stone Roses were great at the time even if he was a particularly bad singer.  Nobody can be surprised that Morrisey turned out the way he has, as he was always on the verge.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: September 24, 2020, 05:36:06 PM »

2 phones both one with bluetooth for my car other doesn't use blue tooth both use very similar otherwise both have similar battery use

I run bluetooth pretty much full time as the kids are always stealing my data for their tabs/phones.  It is useful if the internet goes down mid-poker.  I don't worry too much about the battery, just the data!  My phone is an and can survive the day without recharging.

I have downloaded the app now, so will see if it makes a difference.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: September 24, 2020, 05:48:56 PM »

Find some good stuff in the threads, if you can wade through the bile.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3056 on: September 24, 2020, 06:01:21 PM »

Your phone will tell you what is using the battery.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: September 24, 2020, 07:21:40 PM »

Didnt drain my battery today.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: September 25, 2020, 09:45:18 PM »

It's got to be the lowest rated app I've ever downloaded lol

If you read the reviews the majority of the low ratings are from people who installed it whilst it was still being trialled.

Initial trials were apparently in the Isle of Wight so anyone not from there gave it one star because it didn't work.

Recent reviews since it went fully operational are mostly very positive so I've installed it and will give it a go.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: September 25, 2020, 10:06:34 PM »

anyone downloaded the NHS app?

if not why not (out of interest)?

Not yet, but will do at some point

Now in two minds whether to download it or not.
If it told me to isolate I don't think I would as I doubt it is a very reliable system.
It works on Bluetooth and I would assume most people don't have their Bluetooth on all day anyway?
So if I am not going to follow the notifications whats the point?

Surely it's better to have the information than not though?

You might not self isolate but you might be a touch more cautious just in case? Maybe stay off work if it's practical? Maybe not visit your 95 year grandma? The grandma one hypothetical but you get the drift.....

What about at work? Wouldn't you like all of your employees to have the app and stay off work if there was a risk they could cause an outbreak?

If any of my guys were at risk I know I'd rather them stay off for a few days whilst they get a test than risk passing it on and potentially have everyone off for two full weeks.

I'm speaking purely from a business perspective here not from the health side.

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: