blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:54:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Sanity check on this one please... deep in a 200 bounty MTT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sanity check on this one please... deep in a 200 bounty MTT  (Read 4158 times)
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2020, 08:47:38 AM »

Think this plays its self but for some reason its niggling me - just wanted 2nd opinion on if it could/should have played out differently ....

670 runner $200 bounty game.    98 paid.... 90 remaining we're sat in about 20th and have been comfortable in the top 20 for most of the middle stages of the tournament.   Bounty on my head is prob slightly above the average but not huge.     Bounty on the jammer was about average.

Level17 (1,250/2,500) - 2020/07/21 21:36:36
Table '91' 8-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: f9fc8bb1 (33,989 in chips)
Seat 2: 3e631c7e (37,633 in chips)
Seat 3: Hero (96,861 in chips)
Seat 4: 6c89acde (173,044 in chips)
Seat 5: 6a2f2938 (92,343 in chips)
Seat 7: e69fbe0b (75,248 in chips)
Seat 8: 1dfe6610 (126,317 in chips)
f9fc8bb1: posts the ante 375
6c89acde: posts the ante 375
e69fbe0b: posts the ante 375
1dfe6610: posts the ante 375
6a2f2938: posts the ante 375
Hero: posts the ante 375
3e631c7e: posts the ante 375
6c89acde: posts small blind 1,250
6a2f2938: posts big blind 2,500
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to f9fc8bb1
Dealt to 3e631c7e
Dealt to Hero [ ]
Dealt to 6c89acde
Dealt to 6a2f2938
Dealt to e69fbe0b
Dealt to 1dfe6610
e69fbe0b: folds
1dfe6610: folds
f9fc8bb1: raises 31,114 to 33,614 and is all-in
3e631c7e: folds
Hero:   Huh?

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 09:56:54 AM »

Nines has got to be an ok open shove from that position.  The chances that the big stack has tens to aces is only about 1/50 and you still get suck out chances.  If he has two high cards and calls you hate it a bit, but that's poker.    Anyone else calling you still have a stalling stack if needed and bounty hunters seem to get through the bubble quicker.

I think shove would be fine in a freezeout, so has to be good with the bounty included.  So I shove. 

Calling feels bad, because if anyone else calls, playing a flop with high cards is meh.  Calling to induce a shove after feels bad too as you then put the ICM hammer on yourself with a hand that will suddenly feel marginal.

Think anything else other than shoving is worse.  Unless you raise to 96,800 hoping to stall 8 places with the big stack shove, but that feels very optimistic.   Maybe 2 or 3 to the bubble I'd do the 96,800.

If only we had someone here who had written a book on PKO strategy.   I seem to have forgotten how to play these recently.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »

Cheers Doobs - confirmed my thinking -  small stack shove had KT and big stack managed to snap call with AQ (I hate the call) ... couldn’t fade a Q and that was that.    Just felt a little spewy to be left holding 89th place certificate  after running so smoothly for so long and being relatively deep.   Prob would not have given it a 2nd thought in a 20 rebuy ....Dems the breaks I guess   

Went out my other FT with KK vs AT .... so I’ve had a word with myself and fully intend to run better from now on Smiley

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 11:23:37 AM »

Cheers Doobs - confirmed my thinking -  small stack shove had KT and big stack managed to snap call with AQ (I hate the call) ... couldn’t fade a Q and that was that.    Just felt a little spewy to be left holding 89th place certificate  after running so smoothly for so long and being relatively deep.   Prob would not have given it a 2nd thought in a 20 rebuy ....Dems the breaks I guess   

Went out my other FT with KK vs AT .... so I’ve had a word with myself and fully intend to run better from now on Smiley

I don't really hate the call with AQ.   I think bounties make calls that may appear marginal in to correct ones.   I think you likely fold out other racing hands like KQ/AT by shoving.    You could let us know the bounty size and bubble size, but am assuming they are fairly standard.

Folding to a 10BB shove seems pretty nitty even if near the bubble.

Maybe PM Dave Shoelace?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PKO-Poker-Strategy-Progressive-tournaments/dp/1527262774

$200 bounty hunters seem unlikely to be soft enough, or is GG different?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 11:42:48 AM »

There were a few bracelet winners in that one last night , but they only human and I was freerolling with a comp ticket anyway 😂👍🏻  Guessing it got a bit more traffic with the WSOP crowd on the platform.     It’s strange there are certain regular comps where I always seems to cash and others (seemingly softer) where I can’t buy a cash in 40 attempts (the 8k £50 rebuy on ipoker is killing me I must have bubbled 5 time’s in it since lockdown started)

Think the bounty games suit my style a little better maybe.   Need to check my stats but I must be ITM 50% + on that one so make of it what you will.   Had 3 or 4 stabs where lost a flip for chip lead 30-90 out so it’s on my list as one to win as soon as the roll permits a regular campaign in it.   I do tend to target certain comps and really focus on winning the thing ...  weird I know

Will have a look at the literature
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:44:37 AM by Splash » Logged

Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 11:54:59 AM »

I don't really hate the call with AQ.   I think bounties make calls that may appear marginal in to correct ones.   I think you likely fold out other racing hands like KQ/AT by shoving.    You could let us know the bounty size and bubble size, but am assuming they are fairly standard.

Folding to a 10BB shove seems pretty nitty even if near the bubble.

Maybe PM Dave Shoelace?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PKO-Poker-Strategy-Progressive-tournaments/dp/1527262774

$200 bounty hunters seem unlikely to be soft enough, or is GG different?

Bounty wise think I had about $180 on my head and short stack had about a ton.     Ave was prob $130-150  at that point I guess.  Didn’t even consider the bubble / increments - min cash for position was about $220 ... I pay zero attention to the increments until we’re in the last 10-20

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: