blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  God help me, I think I need social meeja.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God help me, I think I need social meeja.  (Read 3543 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2020, 11:19:50 AM »

Amazingly, I've tried to start this post twice and my keyboard has locked up both times.

I've never had or felt the need for involvement with a social media platform. Until recently, blonde has always been busy and interactive enough for my needs, i.e. discuss the news, exchange random thoughts on various obscure subjects, rant about things that get on my wick, revel in a bit of nostalgia, tell the odd story and post a few pics.

I'm something of an innocent in these matters, but the choice seems limited to Twitter, WhatsApp, or the dreaded Facebook.

I already run a WhatsApp group but that's just for immediate family which is great, but with a family of girls my scope is somewhat limited.

So, it looks like it will have to be Twitter or Facebook.

The girls are all on Facebook so if I went down that route I would need some way of keeping them and some of the more er... descriptive and laddish stuff apart.

I have no idea how to choose but I would like a degree of anonymity and some control over who sees what.

Advice muchly appreciated.

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 01:05:15 PM »

You can set facebook so that it only 'friends' can see what you post. You can add or delete 'friends'

Instagram you can set as private and you need to grant permission to allow people to 'follow' you.

Twitter you can block people but I'm not sure if you can control which people see your posts.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 01:27:13 PM »

You can have a private account on twitter, but I would have thought two accounts would probably be what you're after.

You can target privacy on facebook - which is generally the easiest to control; but you could have a facebook account for family stuff and a twitter account for 'laddish' stuff it would be much easier to remember what to post where.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 01:41:28 PM »

Apparently everything on Faceache is true.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 01:42:45 PM »

I like snapchat, btw.
How are you Tom.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 02:25:42 PM »

I like snapchat, btw.
How are you Tom.

I'm doing OK thanks Ade. I'm going a bit stir crazy because I've been shielding for the last 5 months or so and just as I was starting to think about venturing out it's all started going pear-shaped again.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 02:27:32 PM »

You can have a private account on twitter, but I would have thought two accounts would probably be what you're after.

You can target privacy on facebook - which is generally the easiest to control; but you could have a facebook account for family stuff and a twitter account for 'laddish' stuff it would be much easier to remember what to post where.

I don't want private like invitation only, I could do that with WhatsApp. I want randoms to be able to lurk and chime in if the fancy takes them

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 02:44:37 PM »

I don't want private like invitation only, I could do that with WhatsApp. I want randoms to be able to lurk and chime in if the fancy takes them

i cant understand twitter far too confusing for me, facebook it simple as pie for me but i am a dinosaur nowadays

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 02:46:26 PM »

Yeah strange times Tom. Its not been too bad down here

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2020, 05:37:10 PM »

I don't do Facebook so can't comment. I'm not sure Twitter will give you what you want, it's good for news, for following corporate stuff, for collosally niche weird stuff, for gawping at political loons but it doesn't (for me) have that community/shared history vibe of a forum.

Reddit can be good for some subjects and areas.

Personally, a lot of my forum time has migrated to pistonheads, it's essentially the blokes version of Mumsnet. High levels of traffic, lots of regulars/tropes/themes, threads on everything and anything <checks recent posts> such as the Beiruit explosion, the 1700 tons of high explosives 50 feet below the surface of the Thames, cars you didn't know existed, photography, DIY, lawn care, food, home brew and just about everything else. Full of grumpy old men so I fit right in. The news and politics threads are usually somewhat to the right of Genghis Khan and discussions on Gypsies and Travellers are horrendous but I just avoid those threads and enjoy the rest.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 06:28:15 PM »

I don't do Facebook so can't comment. I'm not sure Twitter will give you what you want, it's good for news, for following corporate stuff, for collosally niche weird stuff, for gawping at political loons but it doesn't (for me) have that community/shared history vibe of a forum.

Reddit can be good for some subjects and areas.

Personally, a lot of my forum time has migrated to pistonheads, it's essentially the blokes version of Mumsnet. High levels of traffic, lots of regulars/tropes/themes, threads on everything and anything <checks recent posts> such as the Beiruit explosion, the 1700 tons of high explosives 50 feet below the surface of the Thames, cars you didn't know existed, photography, DIY, lawn care, food, home brew and just about everything else. Full of grumpy old men so I fit right in. The news and politics threads are usually somewhat to the right of Genghis Khan and discussions on Gypsies and Travellers are horrendous but I just avoid those threads and enjoy the rest.

That sounds interesting Mr Jeans, I'll check it out.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2020, 05:06:31 PM »

Twitter is good for boobs, but there are definitely more tits on there.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 08:13:06 AM »

TikTok is where it is at. If you want to be a creator it’s very easy to do 15sec or 60sec videos and fun to learn as well, whether it’s just for fun as a vlog, entertainment or you do it as a business/marketing tool for your current business.

If you want to be a consumer, it’s not just young girls dancing, it has exploded into everything I.e I follow Neil degrasse Tyson who has taught me more through 15/60secs videos than I learnt at school, there are tradesman on there who show tips when doing work that I would never have known. Business Hints and tips, even guys teaching how to use Excel!

It can be a rabbit hole but if you know what you want then the algorithm will help keep the content you see to what you like.

I would imagine Tom’s or Tikay’s diary in video clips would be amazing viewing.

If you haven’t tried it let us know how you get on. Probably find a video on youtube on how to create a tiktok if you want to, rather than just view others.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 08:14:49 AM by Omm » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 01:56:37 PM »

TikTok is where it is at. If you want to be a creator it’s very easy to do 15sec or 60sec videos and fun to learn as well, whether it’s just for fun as a vlog, entertainment or you do it as a business/marketing tool for your current business.

If you want to be a consumer, it’s not just young girls dancing, it has exploded into everything I.e I follow Neil degrasse Tyson who has taught me more through 15/60secs videos than I learnt at school, there are tradesman on there who show tips when doing work that I would never have known. Business Hints and tips, even guys teaching how to use Excel!

It can be a rabbit hole but if you know what you want then the algorithm will help keep the content you see to what you like.

I would imagine Tom’s or Tikay’s diary in video clips would be amazing viewing.

If you haven’t tried it let us know how you get on. Probably find a video on youtube on how to create a tiktok if you want to, rather than just view others.

That's interesting, thanks for the input.

I've been messing around with some simple editing software to make a little video of our European motorcycle tour.

I might upload it to YouTube and let people take the piss.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2020, 06:59:32 PM »

Posted it on my diary.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=30601.msg2283571#msg2283571

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: