blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:58:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Pokerstars - cash out - please somebody explain the benefit
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars - cash out - please somebody explain the benefit  (Read 3049 times)
mikeymike2

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2020, 12:14:02 PM »

Numerous times I see people shoving pre flop or on the flop AA v KK ,s8 v sets and it always seems that the person who is ahead uses the cashing out facility -

why go all in to then cash out? The only peeps that I can see that benefit from cashing out is Pokerstars.

I always let the cards run and have never used the cash out facility am I losing +ev for not using the facility

teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 11:01:24 PM »

when you cash out you are giving up a small amount of EV in exchange for lower variance.

EV wise i wouldn't use the feature -  long term you will be better off. think they charge a 1% fee.

Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 09:56:04 AM »

Yes just don't use it. It's another mechanism to extract money from recreational players.

If you're uncomfortable with the amount in the pot to be running the deck once/twice on a flip, then sit out before.
robbiebox
me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 09:07:34 AM »

It is a useful feature for shortstackers who are below min buy-in, take the 1% hit to keep your stack shorter rather than double+ up or have to rebuy in again for an amount higher than current stack. Probably worth the 1% through benefit of a really short stack and also reduces variance.

Luckbox is my most successful strategy.
http://bigdealinabox.blogspot.com/
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 12:48:03 PM »

It is a while since I played cash, but can see some benefit even to regulars.  Every so often when I played cash, I'd see someone I'd like to play at the bigger stakes.  If I ran good I'd find myself sat with $4k at $10/20 rather than $500 at $2.5/$5 or $200 at $1/$2.  Clearly if my friend is still at the table, I'd want to stay there, but the variance of the game is at a level where I could make or lose my usual month's profit.  In addition, I'd want to stay at the table and two buyins wouldn't be great for volatility either.  In that case if I find myself in a flip with another reg, I'd pay the 1% vig to stay in the game.  Overall that would likely be more profitable than just quitting and would reduce my volatility. 

I wouldn't use it my regular games but would have happily used it when taking shots at juicy tables. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: