blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:37:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 381 382 [383] Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 611877 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5730 on: July 31, 2022, 10:41:38 PM »

Send details plz.

Agree with PUP being on IR.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: August 01, 2022, 10:24:51 AM »

in for everything

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: August 01, 2022, 01:29:52 PM »

anyone able to send to tal for me please and i will send via paypal?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: January 04, 2023, 10:01:09 PM »

League concluded, so I am posting the draft order and finishing positions here for now, in case Sleeper has a wobble and deletes all the chat:

1 - KarmaDope 7th
2 - ForthThistle 8th
3 - Tifosi 9th
4 - Stevef31 10th
5 - Ironside 5th
6 – CardiacAtRest 6th
7 – Bergeroo 3rd
8 - Tal 4th
9 - ConnorsCrew 2nd
10 – HappyGolladayzz 1st

This is all pending the potential resumption of the Bills @ Bengals game.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: January 05, 2023, 10:10:38 AM »

It was a really fun season with a tragic end that hopefully ends up ok.

Thanks to both commissioners for organising these leagues and for the people collecting the funds. Playing Dynasty NFL has been really fun but that will be my last season and I will be giving up all my teams. Six in total including the two Blonde ones.

Quite simply I haven't watched much NFL this season. I now again play online MTTs on Sundays, so I usually don't watch Redzone or stay up for the Monday or Thursday night game. My time has been limited and even setting teams each week was a chore a few times and that's when I knew it was time for me to let this go.

I would say both my blonde teams are in reasonable shape and have chances to contend next season. In one league I have traded away my picks, so I would be happy to throw in a few quid towards the entry fee for the new owner to compensate.

I am not sure if there is a waiting list, but if any Blondes want to get involved and run a dynasty team. Sleeper is a great platform and makes it much easier than the old yahoo days, and things run very smooth.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: January 05, 2023, 01:50:07 PM »

It was a really fun season with a tragic end that hopefully ends up ok.

Thanks to both commissioners for organising these leagues and for the people collecting the funds. Playing Dynasty NFL has been really fun but that will be my last season and I will be giving up all my teams. Six in total including the two Blonde ones.

Quite simply I haven't watched much NFL this season. I now again play online MTTs on Sundays, so I usually don't watch Redzone or stay up for the Monday or Thursday night game. My time has been limited and even setting teams each week was a chore a few times and that's when I knew it was time for me to let this go.

I would say both my blonde teams are in reasonable shape and have chances to contend next season. In one league I have traded away my picks, so I would be happy to throw in a few quid towards the entry fee for the new owner to compensate.

I am not sure if there is a waiting list, but if any Blondes want to get involved and run a dynasty team. Sleeper is a great platform and makes it much easier than the old yahoo days, and things run very smooth.

enjoy the poker, i remember those days.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: March 10, 2023, 11:27:14 AM »

A few years ago, there was a list of people who wanted to join the fantasy leagues. I can't find it on this thread, and I recognise it was a while ago.

If you are interested, there is likely to be at least one place in the long-running league.

Message in this chat if you fancy it.

I'd like to have the league managers list sorted in the next month or so, in order that we are sorted before the draft.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: April 30, 2023, 03:51:09 PM »

I'm gonna be sending out some trade offers today in the Blonde Sleeper Dynasty League, for those who are still in it.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: July 24, 2023, 09:26:31 PM »

Right, when are we drafting and also when are we paying? I am completely away on a family holiday in Vegas between Aug 25 and Sep 7 so needs to be before then.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: July 31, 2023, 10:43:33 AM »

Tony Kendall Cup

The 2023 annual monster message begins.

Commissioner situation and Disputes

I'm the Commissioner. Forth has stepped down as co-commissioner, to focus on his other 28 leagues.

If there is a dispute you can't sort out between yourselves, it can be referred to me and I will make the decision.

If the dispute involves me, we'll agree someone else to make the decision.  

Teams

Bergeroo has left, but the other nine seem to be back in, as far as I know. BobCraddock joins us.

It's a 10 team Dynasty league and the squads remain as they are in your Sleeper app currently.

Entry fee  

These will remain at £20 for the season.

I'll be collecting for this league, so please send your £20 to me as soon as is practicable. I'll PM anyone who needs my details shortly.

Prizes

This league is a simple winner and runner-up affair:

Winner: £150
Runner-Up: £50

Trophy

Last year's winner is responsible for arranging for the trophy to be engraved with this year's winner's name and posting the trophy to its home. All the more incentive for ChipRich and LeKnave to retain the title.

Rosters

30-man rosters again, with an additional 5 Injured Reserve places.

In recent years, we've discussed changes to the rosters, but I'm content to keep them as they are. We have a fairly shallow waiver wire and free agency pool, but it's still workable.

Injured Reserve

Teams in the real NFL have players designated as IR and they don't count against their 53 man rosters.

The IR slots are for players who are out for multiple weeks and that's the way we should be playing it, too.

There is also the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, which a few players in rosters will currently have as a designation. This is a multiple week injury designation and I'm happy for those players to go into the IR slots, if you want to put them there.

When a player's designation is removed, it's because the NFL team has removed it. They'll have had to make room on their roster and so should we. So, when the designation is removed, there's an expectation that you will take them off IR and put them back in your 30 man squad, even if that means cutting another player. Sleeper requires you to do this before you can make changes to the 30 man squad.

Sometimes, the designation is removed late on. I think it's fair to say you should make reasonable efforts to check (recognising not everyone is available every week). If I notice, I might send you a message on a Sunday to make you aware, but I'll generally leave you to get on with the job. I've no interest in being a heavy presence in the league, not least as it's full of people who know what they're doing.

Responsibilities of players

All players are expected to:
  • Make reasonable efforts to pick the best team they can each week
  • Make reasonable efforts to maintain their rosters (e.g., so that IR-designated players are restored to the roster once off IR)
  • Pay their entry fee
  • Treat everyone with respect
  • Be treated by everyone with respect

This list isn't exhaustive, but I think it gives you an idea.

There is no obligation on anyone to participate in chat or to engage in trades. The league runs well when everyone participates, but we all have our own lives and it's not always practicable for people to set line-ups, respond to trade offers or generally to do much with their rosters. It happens and I'm generally not minded to get involved. It's a shame when a missed Sunday check means a team is a man down, especially if that benefits the opponent significantly for the league. I'll look to apply common sense as much as possible on that, but it'd be really helpful for all if you'd all try at least to look at the team on a Sunday to make sure you've not had any surprise pull-outs.

Draft

I've put it in to start this coming Friday. It's 24 hours max per pick, as per last year.

The draft order is as recorded in Sleeper.

If anyone is away or might otherwise find themselves at risk of being unavailable to pick, I suggest setting up a list, so you don't end up with an autodraft selection from the computer.

What happens now?

You send me £20.

We start the draft Friday morning.

Please trim your rosters down as required.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: August 01, 2023, 09:16:38 AM »

Tony Kendall Cup

I've no interest in being a heavy presence in the league, not least as it's full of people who know what they're doing.

Speak for yourself I still haven't  a clue

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 381 382 [383] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: