blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:05:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Christian Eriksen
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christian Eriksen  (Read 2261 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2021, 10:34:56 AM »

Didn't want to say anything as it was unfolding but the fact he is stable now makes it feel OK.

One of the most extraordinary things I have seen - horrible, open mouth shocked at the incident and the first couple of mins. Didn't want to see detailed pics or re-runs but couldn't take my eyes off the pitch and stadium and a really sad feeling as they went off air. Replaced by some hope within a pretty short time as twitter lit up with it.

Now, less than a day later the whole events seems very uplifting and obvs hope for a full recovery and no after effects

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 04:31:29 PM »

Didn't want to say anything as it was unfolding but the fact he is stable now makes it feel OK.

One of the most extraordinary things I have seen - horrible, open mouth shocked at the incident and the first couple of mins. Didn't want to see detailed pics or re-runs but couldn't take my eyes off the pitch and stadium and a really sad feeling as they went off air. Replaced by some hope within a pretty short time as twitter lit up with it.

Now, less than a day later the whole events seems very uplifting and obvs hope for a full recovery and no after effects

Yeah, it was all a bit upsetting at the time.  It sounds like they have had the best outcome from the cardiac arrest, as it only took one go on the defib. to restart his heart.

It seems unlikely he will play football again, but I hope they get to the bottom of it. 

I heard Peter Schmeichel saying that the decision to restart was ridiculous.  It seems harsh to me, as the officials had to act quickly and were probably in shock and a bit emotional themselves.  I was surprised they restarted so quickly, and with a bit more hindsight, I'd say giving it a day would be probably be best, but the players seemed willing at the time.  They couldn't go much beyond 24 hours or that would impede on the next game preperation?  Also what would have happened if he deteriorated or died overnight?  Then do we all say, why didn't they finish the game?  I think it iwa very hard to do the right thing for the players, the tournament, and for Eriksen.   Even now, I am not really sure what was the right thing to do though. 

I do hope that Denmark come back and win a game or two, and Eriksen has a happy rest of his life wherever it takes him.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 06:17:29 PM »

It was a hard watch. I was in shock for an hour after the glimpses of mouth to mouth and chest compressions through the legs of the his teammates who stood around him  - until some good news came through. I will be doing a CPR course soon as I haven't done one for 20 years.

Danish players said they had the choice to play that day or the next one at noon. But yeah, limited options from supplied by UEFA and it seems abandoning the match was never even considered. Calling it a 0-0 draw and moving on seemed like an option not considered. TV money I guess.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 08:01:31 PM »

It was a hard watch. I was in shock for an hour after the glimpses of mouth to mouth and chest compressions through the legs of the his teammates who stood around him  - until some good news came through. I will be doing a CPR course soon as I haven't done one for 20 years.

Danish players said they had the choice to play that day or the next one at noon. But yeah, limited options from supplied by UEFA and it seems abandoning the match was never even considered. Calling it a 0-0 draw and moving on seemed like an option not considered. TV money I guess.

Yeah, I did think they could have called it 0-0, but does that give both teams an advantage when 3 can go through.  Don't know, but I don't think it is obviously better than playing and they didn't get an awful lot of time to think it through

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 10:50:15 AM »

Update this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57508250

Looks like he won't be playing football again.  Hope he has a long and happy future.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 02:00:18 PM »

Turned him into the Terminator!

Hopefully keeps him sound for remainder of his life.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: