blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:31:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The most underrated snooker player in history...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The most underrated snooker player in history...  (Read 6621 times)
denlizliz
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2021, 04:49:28 PM »

I took it that "most underrated player in history" meant he had not been given enough credit for his achievements and my point being making one major final is not that great of an achievement but hey ho maybe im misunderstanding it
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2021, 05:51:39 PM »

Hawk made WC final and masters final (both triple crown events) fwiw alongside 4 worlds semis in 5 years after his final spot.
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 04:05:07 PM »

Might be a tough sell this but John Higgins up there for me. Never seems to be in the discussion for greatest ever player alongside Hendry Davis Ronnie and imo he definitely should be
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 05:00:49 PM »

Might be a tough sell this but John Higgins up there for me. Never seems to be in the discussion for greatest ever player alongside Hendry Davis Ronnie and imo he definitely should be

The only player apart from Jimmy to lose in more than 2 world finals.  Amazing stat but true.  Higgins won 4 lost 4 in world finals.   No one has ever lost exactly 3 world finals in history.  Countless lost in 2.  Relatively poor masters finals (won 2 lost 3) and UK championship finals (won 3 lost 2) record as well over his career to be considered the GOAT.   Think he is where he should be all time slightly behind the GOAT contenders but ahead of Williams/Reardon/Trump (currently).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 05:08:11 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 06:38:18 PM »

Prize money wise for the class of 1992 per wiki.  Ronnie £12m, Higgins £9m Williams £7m.   Hard to compare others with different time lines career wise.  Crazy to think Gareth Bale has been paid more this year on loan at spurs than these three all time legends have made combined in nearly 30 years!   Is that not just insanely sick?  Missed Selby out of the 'just below Higgins' list.   Don't think anyone else has done enough to get into that list yet.  Robertson has potential purely because of his century count if he wins a couple more triple crown events before retiring.   Don't think Ding will get there now.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 06:46:01 PM by arbboy » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 06:38:30 PM »

Think you've got Ronnie, then Hendry, and then can chuck 5-10 in varying orders dependent on your view.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2021, 07:14:30 PM »

Prize money wise for the class of 1992 per wiki.  Ronnie £12m, Higgins £9m Williams £7m.   Hard to compare others with different time lines career wise.  Crazy to think Gareth Bale has been paid more this year on loan at spurs than these three all time legends have made combined in nearly 30 years!   Is that not just insanely sick?  Missed Selby out of the 'just below Higgins' list.   Don't think anyone else has done enough to get into that list yet.  Robertson has potential purely because of his century count if he wins a couple more triple crown events before retiring.   Don't think Ding will get there now.

That's an incredible stat.

The older I get, the better I was.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2021, 07:28:09 PM »

Prize money wise for the class of 1992 per wiki.  Ronnie £12m, Higgins £9m Williams £7m.   Hard to compare others with different time lines career wise.  Crazy to think Gareth Bale has been paid more this year on loan at spurs than these three all time legends have made combined in nearly 30 years!   Is that not just insanely sick?  Missed Selby out of the 'just below Higgins' list.   Don't think anyone else has done enough to get into that list yet.  Robertson has potential purely because of his century count if he wins a couple more triple crown events before retiring.   Don't think Ding will get there now.

It is truly insane given most people in the UK would know all three of them and assume quite righly they are all loaded.   Football is just bonkers at the top level and more importantly Bale would rather be playing golf than playing football.  I can't wait to see if he snap retires at the end of next season when his mega bucks deal is over.   He clearly is purely in this now for the money even more than most pro sportsmen are.  Can't knock him either fair play to him.  His agent looks a lawyer type similar to Roy Keane who never had a football agent but employed a lawyer to do his contracts.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 07:33:11 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 08:10:46 PM »

https://sportsnile.com/richest-snooker-players/

This really made me chuckle!   Wiillie (RIP) was never worth 10m USD at any point in his life.   He would have done well to ever be a paper millionaire given how much he loved punting.  Nigel Bond at 20th on the list is even more lol.   He is the jobber of all jobbers with zero off the table income.   No idea where this list was made up from in 2021.   Must be a piss take given Willie was dead when it was published
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 08:13:03 PM by arbboy » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2021, 08:23:58 PM »

https://sportsnile.com/richest-snooker-players/

This really made me chuckle!   Wiillie (RIP) was never worth 10m USD at any point in his life.   He would have done well to ever be a paper millionaire given how much he loved punting.  Nigel Bond at 20th on the list is even more lol.   He is the jobber of all jobbers with zero off the table income.   No idea where this list was made up from in 2021.   Must be a piss take given Willie was dead when it was published

90% of statistics are made up on the spot.

The older I get, the better I was.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2021, 08:59:12 PM »

But.....Guilty of throwing frames for money and got off lightly.  Joe Jogia got 2 years for supposedly being involved in fixing a match that didn’t even take place in the end. He could have been Stephen Lee for the last 10 years if things had turned out differently.

Jamie Jones got a year for not fixing anything but for failing to report an approach.

John got 6 months after being caught on camera admitting to and offering to throw frames in the future. John sells tickets, the other two don’t.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 09:12:57 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2021, 09:11:57 PM »

Is that true?

Abs incredible to think a part time footballer could have been paid so much isn’t it.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2021, 09:21:00 PM »

But.....Guilty of throwing frames for money and got off lightly.  Joe Jogia got 2 years for supposedly being involved in fixing a match that didn’t even take place in the end. He could have been Stephen Lee for the last 10 years if things had turned out differently.

Jamie Jones got a year for not fixing anything but for failing to report an approach.

I forgot about Leo Fernandez  who got 16 months for agreeing to make the first foul in one frame.

John got 6 months after being caught on camera admitting to and offering to throw frames in the future. John sells tickets, the other two don’t.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2021, 09:58:15 PM »

Is that true?

Abs incredible to think a part time footballer could have been paid so much isn’t it.

He is on £650k a week gross whiich is £33m a year.  I have no issue with it lots of jokers in the nba earn that on the last year of their last contract when they age.   But its crazy to think Ronnie as talented as he is has made £10k a week for his 25 year career effectively.   Tom Ince earns more than that a year for Stoke!  Ronnie is all time top 10 greatest UK sportsman alongside Taylor.   Just weird how rich guys can still feel relatively skint who are uber talented.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2021, 10:00:16 PM »

Higgins liike most jocks like me have a life time drink problem!  I think thats well known given he got booted off a flight for being pissed.  He has the fergie nose coming on already.   It's just glasgow.  Without the booze Higgins and Ronnie would have been identical for me record wise after 25 years. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: