blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:55:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Rob Yong dons his cape…
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rob Yong dons his cape…  (Read 5450 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2021, 07:39:22 AM »

Can a Poker Players’ Union work?
Hard to see how it can attract support globally but it’s an admirable attempt.

What’s the first item on the agenda if you’re involved?

https://www.vegasslotsonline.com/news/2021/09/07/rob-yong-digs-deep-into-his-pocket-pledging-seven-figures-for-the-creation-of-a-poker-union/?fbclid=IwAR1HrqlyCHgkE7HUaRr5Xhb4gbCEqOhcRaemZq1iCVQY_dWYGUUja-8XlqY

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 10:02:16 AM »

late re-entries.   It appears to be a huge advantage in O8 tournaments.  My favourite game died on Stars because it was short handed for the first 55 minutes and more than half the players joined at the last minute with less than 10 bigs.   The late joiners were then given 4 goes and could effectively choose seats.

Early joiners were disadvantaged, so barely anybody wanted to start the game in the end.  So rather than fix the game, they removed it.   

Secondly, sites should just read the comments.  I am not sure why sites do surveys etc.  they never follow them up properly.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 06:50:40 PM »

Never going to successfully happen imo.
Too many entities looking out for themselves, players included.

Far too much AI in online poker. Also need to sort reliability issues, absolutely ridiculous how often sites crash nowadays
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 08:02:37 PM »

This was the original building-block for APAT - allegedly..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 11:08:28 PM »

Seems odd to me that savvy business people think they have a cat in hell's chance of persuading big corporates to take a long term view that really embraces long term sustainability. Next month, next quarter, the end of the current fiscal year is pretty much all that counts.

The only people who care about long term sustainability of poker are those at the top end of the game hoping to milk the rest of the community, well, for the long term of course.

Literally no way they represent the average Joe turning up and handing his/her money over and about the only positive they can offer the average Joe is we'll lobby the industry to enable you to lose your money more slowly. Load of old blx tbf.

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 02:24:29 AM »

Seems odd to me that savvy business people think they have a cat in hell's chance of persuading big corporates to take a long term view that really embraces long term sustainability. Next month, next quarter, the end of the current fiscal year is pretty much all that counts.

The only people who care about long term sustainability of poker are those at the top end of the game hoping to milk the rest of the community, well, for the long term of course.

Literally no way they represent the average Joe turning up and handing his/her money over and about the only positive they can offer the average Joe is we'll lobby the industry to enable you to lose your money more slowly. Load of old blx tbf.

Was about to ask where you were, Glenn!

Worried you'd got caught up in the lockdown protests they still have going on months after we opened up, and got yourself a stretch Grin

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 02:31:44 AM »

Worried you'd got caught up in the lockdown protests they still have going on months after we opened up, and got yourself a stretch Grin

Haha, been too busy out and about risking all against the pesky virus.

Getting more concerned that the grandchildren are most likely gonna bring it home to me soon but hard to isolate from them so, head in sand and hope I stay lucky.

My son got it recently following his stepson getting it - perhaps coincidence but soon after school reopening - so it's edging closer. Are you gonna be boostered soon ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 03:22:25 AM »

Haha, been too busy out and about risking all against the pesky virus.

Getting more concerned that the grandchildren are most likely gonna bring it home to me soon but hard to isolate from them so, head in sand and hope I stay lucky.

My son got it recently following his stepson getting it - perhaps coincidence but soon after school reopening - so it's edging closer. Are you gonna be boostered soon ?

Same as that, though I've been double busy with work and not been to the gym for over a month Cheesy

We're all going to get it, but as long as we've been vaccinated we'll be alright. More chance of me doing myself in falling over than the rona getting me. I'll be on the list for one, so presume I'll get called in next month, so it's a month before my flu jab.

Couple mates of mine have had it the last few weeks, and thankfully only rough for a few days, rather than months to get over it, like a mate last year.

I'll probably get it in Vegas if they let me in over Xmas... I'm sure I can't manage 5 weeks there without getting loaded up there!

I'm going to get my antibodies checked at some point, to see how they are before the booster. Someone I know with MS had theirs checked, and their antibodies were gone, even after 2 shots. I asked at my infusion last week, but they told me I'd have to sort it out with the Dr.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 12:36:32 AM »

I made some tentative moves about forming a players union about 20 years ago.

What I quickly found out was that poker players are grade a+ moaners, but aren't interested in doing anything about the things they moan about.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: