blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fat Club - Get Healthy / Fitter in 2022
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fat Club - Get Healthy / Fitter in 2022  (Read 29605 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 06, 2022, 10:48:44 AM »

Well done Ralph
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 06, 2022, 11:10:11 AM »

Ha, was heavier than I expected.  Weighed in at 95kg, 15 stone.   I am pretty sure I was a lot lighter than this when running more regularly 3 months ago.  I had got down from 38 inch waste to 34, but no idea how much I weighed then, but 36 is still fine.

Going to aim to run more regularly amd get down to 14 stone over the next couple of months, and aim to do a 35 minute 5k. I got down to 36 before, but couldn't even beat 40 first run back.   I think this was just lack of fitness as I just blew up in the last 2k, and was doing near 7 minute splits at the start, and basically had to walk the last 2km.

This all fell apart quite quickly as my daughter started doing something at parkrun time and I lost the incentive after that and have been too busy at work to fit much in.

That has changed a bit as one of the things she is now doing is going to the gym, and we both joined at the same time.  It makes sense, as there is little point in me just sitting outside.  I can also use another close to where she does netball training. 

I get an official weigh in and body fat count on Wednesday apparently, but am still about 15st, 95kg.  I lost about half a stone with covid, and was thinking about doing a declaration, but I think I put that back on in about a week.  Might update some other stats when I start properly, as only did an intro so far.   I think 1km might be a struggle right now, but one of my aims was a 35 minute parkrun. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 06, 2022, 11:14:43 AM »

Great stuff Ralph.

Inspired by young Tikay’s efforts at losing and keeping the weight off; some progress to report.

5th august 12:13.

I like the "young" but not so sure about keeping the weight off. In the last year I've been up to 15 stone, down to 11st 12lbs (helped no end by COVID), back up to 13st, & currently well on the way back down to 12st.  I am the Yoyo of dieting.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 06, 2022, 09:31:16 PM »

Great stuff Ralph.

Inspired by young Tikay’s efforts at losing and keeping the weight off; some progress to report.

5th august 12:13.

I like the "young" but not so sure about keeping the weight off. In the last year I've been up to 15 stone, down to 11st 12lbs (helped no end by COVID), back up to 13st, & currently well on the way back down to 12st.  I am the Yoyo of dieting.

I'm not sure what I can be called if that's the case!

Been everywhere from 275-195 over the last 7 years Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 09, 2022, 10:20:22 AM »

Ha, was heavier than I expected.  Weighed in at 95kg, 15 stone.   I am pretty sure I was a lot lighter than this when running more regularly 3 months ago.  I had got down from 38 inch waste to 34, but no idea how much I weighed then, but 36 is still fine.

Going to aim to run more regularly amd get down to 14 stone over the next couple of months, and aim to do a 35 minute 5k. I got down to 36 before, but couldn't even beat 40 first run back.   I think this was just lack of fitness as I just blew up in the last 2k, and was doing near 7 minute splits at the start, and basically had to walk the last 2km.

This all fell apart quite quickly as my daughter started doing something at parkrun time and I lost the incentive after that and have been too busy at work to fit much in.

That has changed a bit as one of the things she is now doing is going to the gym, and we both joined at the same time.  It makes sense, as there is little point in me just sitting outside.  I can also use another close to where she does netball training. 

I get an official weigh in and body fat count on Wednesday apparently, but am still about 15st, 95kg.  I lost about half a stone with covid, and was thinking about doing a declaration, but I think I put that back on in about a week.  Might update some other stats when I start properly, as only did an intro so far.   I think 1km might be a struggle right now, but one of my aims was a 35 minute parkrun. 

The machine was busted when I went back.  I eventually had my go on the body fat machine yesterday.

I have been going to the gym a couple of times a week and the highlights of the results are as follows.

Weight 95.7kg.
Body Fat 30.5%.
Metabolic Age 70 years.

No idea what the bottom two were a month ago. Glad the intervening pain was all worth it. 

FML on the metabolic age, might take that with me to the Super Seniors?  Struggling to believe that the 70 years is accurate.  My dad was massive and never did any exercise.  Think he must have died at a metabolic age of 120 if this is accurate.  RIP big man.

Will hopefully get this down to 65 on my next update.

FWIW muscle mass was good and visceral fat was only amber.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RiderJake
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 13, 2022, 08:03:46 AM »

The machine was busted when I went back.  I eventually had my go on the body fat machine yesterday.

I have been going to the gym a couple of times a week and the highlights of the results are as follows.

Weight 95.7kg.
Body Fat 30.5%.
Metabolic Age 70 years.

No idea what the bottom two were a month ago. Glad the intervening pain was all worth it. 

FML on the metabolic age, might take that with me to the Super Seniors?  Struggling to believe that the 70 years is accurate.  My dad was massive and never did any exercise.  Think he must have died at a metabolic age of 120 if this is accurate.  RIP big man.

This is the first time I've heard of metabolic age. What is it anyway?
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 13, 2022, 08:51:50 AM »

Weight 95.7kg.
Body Fat 30.5%.
Metabolic Age 70 years.

You burn calories by doing nothing - that is your metabolic rate

In general you burn less calories doing nothing the older you get

So if your chronological age is 45 but your metaoblic rate is what most 70 year olds have then your metabolic age is 70

However - it's the fluffiest of sports science fluff

It's a measurement to compare but it doesn't really mean very much

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 13, 2022, 10:34:47 AM »

Weight 95.7kg.
Body Fat 30.5%.
Metabolic Age 70 years.

You burn calories by doing nothing - that is your metabolic rate

In general you burn less calories doing nothing the older you get

So if your chronological age is 45 but your metaoblic rate is what most 70 year olds have then your metabolic age is 70

However - it's the fluffiest of sports science fluff

It's a measurement to compare but it doesn't really mean very much

This is a good summary of what I worked out.  I don't think it means much, but I still don't want to be 70.

In other fitness news.  I have improved to 1,900m in 10 minutes on a rowing machine which I was quite chuffed with.  I found a website last night which detailed how fast beginners and experts could do 2,000 metres.  It informed me that I was beating 0% of my peers with that timing.   The worst thing was that it condidently told me I wasn't even at "beginner" level for my metabolic age.   Some serious trolling going on there.   

Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2022, 12:37:27 AM »

Have you used the machine before and got the technique right?

Generally people, especially guys with strong upper bodies, tend to use their arms too much. Really the final arm pull is about 10% of the power and it should mostly be the big initial leg drive.

It also helps to be tall to post good rowing times.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2022, 02:25:53 PM »

Less than 2 months until I can impress Red with some squiggly graphs again!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: November 10, 2022, 03:14:46 PM »

Roll Eyes

The older I get, the better I was.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2022, 03:02:27 PM »

I've started early, piled on 10kg since the start of summer
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2022, 07:23:20 PM »

Have you used the machine before and got the technique right?

Generally people, especially guys with strong upper bodies, tend to use their arms too much. Really the final arm pull is about 10% of the power and it should mostly be the big initial leg drive.

It also helps to be tall to post good rowing times.

Missed this at the time.

Don't think it is the technique, just poor fitness level.  I am now up to 2,000m in 10 minutes, so will be troubling the bottom percentile soon. I don't think I have lost a pound of weight all year, but strength is improving even if the aerobic stuff is a struggle. 

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: January 19, 2023, 11:20:26 AM »

The older I get, the better I was.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2023, 10:07:11 AM »

Dear Mr Dog

Many apologies for the delay in sharing.

Please fill your boots....

Click to see full-size image.
Capture25012023" border="0

Start 03/01 = 14st 11lb
Now 25/01 = 14st 6lb

Loss = 5lb

Target 1 = 13st 13lb by 15/03
To go = 7lb

Target 2 = 12st 13lb by 08/06
To go = 21lb

Plan is to try and get below 14st for when I head to Benelmadena for Cheltenham week, then under 13st for when I head to Vegas in June.

Not really started as strong as I normally would so not sure where this is going to go.

So food intake isn't as strict but added in a little more exercise than previous years.

Also heading on George's school ski trip with him to Pila next week, so not sure how the pizza and pasta will be offset by the most active week of my life!

I will keep you posted.....

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: