blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:44:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Well I never knew that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well I never knew that.  (Read 21482 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2013, 09:59:15 AM »

Just discovered yesterday that Jeremy Vine and Tim Vine are brothers.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2015, 09:36:46 AM »

I bought a juicing machine a while back and started experimenting with various ingredients with Beets being one of them. This may sound really daft but I never knew that Beets were actually purple once you cut into them. I don't know why but I just assumed the colour was added when the vinegar was added.

Ah! The element of surprise
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2017, 09:57:56 AM »

Bit of a revival

Quite surprised to read in the parking thread from Ironside that blue badges cost £40.  Seems excessive. I can get a bit of a charge but £40 seems a bit OTT.  I assume that's per year? 

I didn't realise until this week that schools paid council rates.  That seems illogical too.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »

Bit of a revival

Quite surprised to read in the parking thread from Ironside that blue badges cost £40.  Seems excessive. I can get a bit of a charge but £40 seems a bit OTT.  I assume that's per year? 

I didn't realise until this week that schools paid council rates.  That seems illogical too.

Not all schools, private schools don't...   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2017, 10:19:42 AM »

Really?  Now that's just plain wrong isn't it?    I'm even more shocked now.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2017, 10:45:12 AM »

Do you think that Schools should not have to pay Graham ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2017, 10:58:43 AM »

I don't think so no.  Mainly because of the way schools are funded in the first place.  They're given money from the councils who then take it away?  Schools always seem to be having funding issues.  I only found out because it's been in the news that council rates are increasing by a lot this year and it was mentioned that schools will suffer.   There should be certain places that don't pay - schools, NHS Hospitals, Fire Stations etc etc - I don't know if the others pay rates or not, but they shouldn't be if they are.

It's even more strange that private schools are exempt.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2017, 12:35:25 PM »

I don't think so no.  Mainly because of the way schools are funded in the first place.  They're given money from the councils who then take it away?  Schools always seem to be having funding issues.  I only found out because it's been in the news that council rates are increasing by a lot this year and it was mentioned that schools will suffer.   There should be certain places that don't pay - schools, NHS Hospitals, Fire Stations etc etc - I don't know if the others pay rates or not, but they shouldn't be if they are.

It's even more strange that private schools are exempt.

I think all charities are exempt, so they can't pick and choose the charities.  It would be easier to just exclude all schools from business rates.  As far as I know, free schools are exempt too, which makes no sense if other state schools aren't. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2017, 01:29:40 PM »

Ron Pearlman and Linda Hamilton played the title roles in the 80's TV series Beauty and the Beast.

justgamer
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2017, 11:42:53 AM »

Just learned a day ago that Jared Leto is also a member of band called Thirty seconds to Mars.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2021, 12:47:45 PM »

Julia Roberts and Eric Roberts are siblings

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: