blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:37:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Weirdest hand ever?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weirdest hand ever?  (Read 7253 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2022, 04:00:50 PM »

I think his reaction is pathetic, I made a massive bet so you should fold - don't know why she can't say I put you on 8 high or some blahblah about yr always at it so i just felt like spite calling even though there's a good likelihood i'm behind. Or just say, I don't know what I'm doing, smile sweetly and rake it in.

This kind of stuff is why poker is so dull, can't actually believe I spent a deece portion of my life on this kind of shenanigans. Think I just liked wine and talking bollox to people who couldn't up and leave.

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2022, 04:18:56 PM »

Sometimes I wish I had just a small portion of Glen's insight and eloquence.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2022, 06:49:27 PM »

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2022, 09:08:46 PM »

Clears that up then Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2022, 09:27:32 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2022, 10:00:40 PM »

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2022, 11:04:04 PM »

One thing for sure. Adelstein’s face when he sees her hand will feature in a lot of gifs and memes.

The idea that she was somehow cheating seems a massive stretch to me. 2plus2 is all over it though so I’m sure the truth will out 

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2022, 11:40:23 AM »

I remember reading about Stu Ungar calling Matloubi’s river shove in a $50k HU game with ten high.

I remember sitting next to I KNOW IT deep in a Walsall J10 event and watching him snap-call a turn shove with K high, no hand no draw. I looked on with my jaw on the felt as he slapped his hand down with such confidence. Sent that guy to the rail talking to himself.

I even remember the late, great MANTIS01 fist-pump slam-dunk calling a river shove in the latter stages of a Vegas event with A high. I was so in tune with the poker universe I felt the magical vibrations of a higher energy..(admittedly on that occasion my opponent tabled quad 7’s but whatever)

Adelstein may say ‘poker’ is an extremely complicated and nuanced game’ but I reckon it’s nothing compared to the workings of an average human brain. Don’t think I can remember a poker comp where some action or another hasn’t boggled my brain. How? WTF? Pffft!

Never seen somebody take their money back before though. Interestingly the thousands of examples I’ve seen could never be due to a hidden vibrating device or knowing the river cards in advance when running it twice. So what was the logical explanation back then? Really, the fascinating enigma of poker is how classic wizards cannot fathom the off-topic actions of inexplicable artists. It’s simply illogical captain.

Here they must have given the fish with no poker understanding a vibrating device. Plus offering my money back would be a big admission of guilt so hey presto she offered it back, clearly admitting her guilt. These brainiac suggestions make perfect logical sense to my Dr Spock mind. It’s not that I’m a massive cry baby and my oppo thought fuck it call, fuck it have your dollar back.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2022, 11:49:10 AM »

^^^^

About time too.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2022, 11:52:21 AM »

I remember reading about Stu Ungar calling Matloubi’s river shove in a $50k HU game with ten high.

I remember sitting next to I KNOW IT deep in a Walsall J10 event and watching him snap-call a turn shove with K high, no hand no draw. I looked on with my jaw on the felt as he slapped his hand down with such confidence. Sent that guy to the rail talking to himself.

I even remember the late, great MANTIS01 fist-pump slam-dunk calling a river shove in the latter stages of a Vegas event with A high. I was so in tune with the poker universe I felt the magical vibrations of a higher energy..(admittedly on that occasion my opponent tabled quad 7’s but whatever)

Adelstein may say ‘poker’ is an extremely complicated and nuanced game’ but I reckon it’s nothing compared to the workings of an average human brain. Don’t think I can remember a poker comp where some action or another hasn’t boggled my brain. How? WTF? Pffft!

Never seen somebody take their money back before though. Interestingly the thousands of examples I’ve seen could never be due to a hidden vibrating device or knowing the river cards in advance when running it twice. So what was the logical explanation back then? Really, the fascinating enigma of poker is how classic wizards cannot fathom the off-topic actions of inexplicable artists. It’s simply illogical captain.

Here they must have given the fish with no poker understanding a vibrating device. Plus offering my money back would be a big admission of guilt so hey presto she offered it back, clearly admitting her guilt. These brainiac suggestions make perfect logical sense to my Dr Spock mind. It’s not that I’m a massive cry baby and my oppo thought fuck it call, fuck it have your dollar back.

Welcome to blonde mate, tell us a bit about yourself?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2022, 12:02:31 PM »

Of all the bad takes, I have no interest at all in what this whiny bitch has to say.  He had a seat in a great game, and blew it, chin up sunshine.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2022, 09:41:16 PM »

Just watch  a hand earlier with Garrett v Andy
Ak Garrett re raises an open
Andy 4-5 bets 55
Garrett flats
Flop q-8-4
Check check to river
There’s slow play between 2 of hsp s biggest players if ever I’ve seen it
McSnort
keep on snorting

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2022, 11:42:36 PM »

what
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2022, 07:09:44 PM »

made the bbc news page

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63108879

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2022, 07:52:25 PM »

Just watch  a hand earlier with Garrett v Andy
Ak Garrett re raises an open
Andy 4-5 bets 55
Garrett flats
Flop q-8-4
Check check to river
There’s slow play between 2 of hsp s biggest players if ever I’ve seen it

He 4 bets with 45o?  Feels like he should bet on an A high or K high flop, but check behind on Q84.  Don't know turn and river, but it looks plausible given the pre flop action and the flop.  Why would AK bet when he thinks opponent has a pair?  why would 45 bet when he only gets called by better. 

Think 45 can bet turn, but definitely isn't clear.   And I am no fan of Garret, who seems worse by the hour.  Can't see any amateur wanting to play with him in future.  I wouldn't, I can't stand sore losers at the best of times, and he has gone way beyond a bit of grumbling after the hand. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: