blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:15:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will get you fit 2023
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will get you fit 2023  (Read 4609 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2023, 06:42:56 PM »

Fartlek brings back bad memories of PT in the woods, when I was at Chicksands 20 years ago Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2023, 08:00:25 PM »

Fartlek brings back bad memories of PT in the woods, when I was at Chicksands 20 years ago Cheesy

Brings back memories of 1991 gcse PE to me!  First time i ever heard of it.  State of the act training back then tbf
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2023, 01:03:58 PM »

Brings back memories of 1991 gcse PE to me!  First time i ever heard of it.  State of the act training back then tbf

Don't ever remember doing it at school, thankfully!

I think I got away with a fair bit as I played Rugby Cheesy

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2023, 12:57:24 PM »

PE was where I first heard of it, cue much laughing from teenagers at the sound!!
Our PE teacher had a set routine and would blow a whistle for the change as we ran/wal/jog/sprint round the school field. Unfortunately none of us could remember the set routine after a while so everyone did something different each time the whistle went  Cheesy Cheesy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2023, 04:19:38 PM »

PE was where I first heard of it, cue much laughing from teenagers at the sound!!
Our PE teacher had a set routine and would blow a whistle for the change as we ran/wal/jog/sprint round the school field. Unfortunately none of us could remember the set routine after a while so everyone did something different each time the whistle went  Cheesy Cheesy

Reminded me of the Sopranos PE scene then Cheesy

We had to do it in the woods outside Chicksands, so it was all up and down hills.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2023, 12:48:18 PM »

Did 6 miles on the treadmill today. Took it easy first half to ensure I could do the 6 miles.  Was 71m 25s for the 6 miles. First time I have run that far in probably a few years.
Last time running regularly I was around the hour mark for 6 miles, so will aim for that long term

Latest 6 mile run yesterday was 64m 40s
First 2 mile pace is getting quicker, i.e. getting up to pace. Prob need to drop another half a stone to get in under 60mins
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2023, 06:38:19 PM »

Upped the distance today, did 7 miles in 73m 26s - Also down a stone from start of Jan
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2023, 08:26:02 PM »

Great effort, mate!

I have resubbed to MFP premium and rejoined the local gym.

Will step on the scales once Chelts is out of the way, and devise a goal.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2023, 06:29:37 PM »

Did 6 miles on the treadmill today. Took it easy first half to ensure I could do the 6 miles.  Was 71m 25s for the 6 miles. First time I have run that far in probably a few years.
Last time running regularly I was around the hour mark for 6 miles, so will aim for that long term

Latest 6 mile run yesterday was 64m 40s
First 2 mile pace is getting quicker, i.e. getting up to pace. Prob need to drop another half a stone to get in under 60mins

6.1 miles (10k) in 59m 38s
Defo in the red zone last 5 minutes
Joints and legs felt fine, heart and lungs not so much..lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2023, 09:02:40 PM »

Going to start a new thread.  Just going to aim to be a bit fitter this year. I have been going to the gym on and off for 4 months now. I need to aim at monthly updates, and beat all of this over the year.  

Where I am now (2nd Jan); these I have done at least 12, sometimes 3 sets of 12. I am going to add where I think I started, but it probably doesn't mean much, as barring shoulder press, they were all fairly easy to start.  

weight 96kg.
Chest press 36kg (might have done 38.5, started at 18)
Leg press 100kg (started at 30 something)
Shoulder Press 28kg (started at 18)
Treadmill 1.2km in 10 mins slight incline.
Bike 4400m in 10 mins
Row 2k in 10 mins (probably haven't done this for a month as keep running out of time/fitness and usually do it last).
Seated row 47kg (started at 18).
Can't do a pull up without assistance (think I should aim for this).

I definitely want the cardios to improve, but find it is easier to get the other stuff in if I only get half an hour.  

Good luck those that join.

Going to do an update on this.  I don't know what has happened, but did a weigh in this morning and have gone up to 98kgs. I wasn't really intending to lose much weight, but that wasn't good.  I am definitely going to try and eat more healthily going forward.  I don't know if anyone has been following the Shaun Deeb body fat bet, but he is aiming for about the weight I am now, so I won't feel so bad.  Definitely want to keep ahead of him though!

It has been a bit up and down this year; I pulled something moving a box about 6 weeks ago and am still getting a bit of gyp in that arm.  As a result, I missed a couple of weeks and haven't really gone forward since then.  I haven't gone backwards either, so that is a bonus.

Current bests.

Chest press 12x45
Run 1.31km in 10 mins.
Leg press 117kg x 12
Seated row up to 12x52.5.
Rowing up to 2020m 10mins
Cycle 4.51km 10 mins
Shoulder press 12x36.  

I think my aim for the next 6 weeks until Vegas will be to just improve the cardios and not try and improve shoulder/chest press and seated row (rowing machine seems fine as I am not pulling too hard).  Each time I get close to those weight records I can feel it in my arm afterwards, and I haven't really gone anywhere with the cardios.   I was a bit dumb when I first did my arm, and I now think I should have carried on running/cycling in those 2 weeks. I'd say the drop off from not doing cardios was much quicker when not exercising.

Finally a science question.  I was on the treadmill yesterday, and some bloke started loudly vacuuming the treadmills either side and behind mine.  Felt like I lost my balance a bit and had to just stop.  Genuinely felt unsafe, what is that about?

Deeb bet

https://youtu.be/nh4r6uHRAmI

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 09:32:51 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2023, 03:54:36 AM »

Not updated this for ages
My aim for this year is to complete a couple of half marathons, early autumn

On 1st May I did the Burgess Hill (West Sussex) 10k.
Only realised 2 weeks before that this was mostly through fields, it used to be a road race.
Due to the wet weather this year the course was very boggy and your feet were regularly sinking in the mud..lol
Calf tightened up considerably half way round so didn't push it
Completed it in about 1h 8m
Obviously a lot harder than running on the treadmill

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2023, 01:21:04 PM »

Turned out it didn't.

Tailed off a bit at the end of the year

Ended the year nearer 100kg than 95kg.

Got COVID in August that meant I struggled a bit after.

Am now "running" 3x8 minute bursts which is more than I did at any other time in the year.  Think I am probably doing more of specific targets for weights than I last reported but not by much.

New Year going to be doing healthier breakfasts and no snacks.  See how that goes for a month.

FWIW my daughter is going from strength to strength, playing regular sport and obliterating me for speed and distance.  She is now 16 and her new training buddy was top ranked in the UK for her athletics event last year (now moved up an age group).  Don't think I'll be catching them up anytime soon.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2024, 11:58:28 AM »

2024 weigh in.  100.5kg.

Started the year with knee knack.  Went skiing for a change at Christmas.  I am not a regular and pretty hopeless, but didn't do any damage skiing, instead smashed my knee walking down steps in normal shoes launching myself superman style onto a hard floor.  Currently have a black knee, but aiming to start gym again next weekend. 

Poker better forgotten for 2003 also.  Ended up as a fail for the year too.

Was thinking about starting a new thread, but seems pointless, hopefully post more than last year.

Happy New Year to all fitness Blondes.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2024, 04:48:26 PM »

Just seen the new year update Doobs.

I started the year weighing 15st 2lb, having put on near 5kg over the Xmas period
Plan is to get down to around 13st 7lb

Currently training for 2 half marathons in March, longest run so far 8.3 miles
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2024, 12:31:08 PM »

Just going to do an update.

I did reach 102.5kg. 

I had been struggling a bit with getting fit over the last 6 months and getting weird tingling in my hands since having COVID (don't want to be associated with the long COVID crew though!).

Turns out I have type 2 diabetes now.  Am giving diet a go, and got down to 99.1 in a couple of weeks (from a peak of 102.5).  Already feeling a bit better when running, so going to try and get my weight down further.  95kg is 15 stone which is where I was a couple of years ago.  Think the long aim is to get down to 90kg/14 stone, which is where I was maybe 10 years ago. Hopefully this will put the diabetes in remission and give me hope for faster 5k times.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: