blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:49:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will get you fit 2023
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will get you fit 2023  (Read 4603 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2024, 12:56:43 PM »

Just seen the new year update Doobs.

I started the year weighing 15st 2lb, having put on near 5kg over the Xmas period
Plan is to get down to around 13st 7lb

Currently training for 2 half marathons in March, longest run so far 8.3 miles

How are you doing on this?  Think a half marathon is beyond me.  Maybe 10k is feasible in a few months? 

One of my friends is doing a full marathon and was up to 19 miles in the rain.  Can't imagine doing that.  Think this is why I am struggling with running.  I don't mind running when it is spitting, but no interest in spending 3 hours outside when it is chucking it down!

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2024, 05:33:07 PM »

Just seen the new year update Doobs.

I started the year weighing 15st 2lb, having put on near 5kg over the Xmas period
Plan is to get down to around 13st 7lb

Currently training for 2 half marathons in March, longest run so far 8.3 miles

How are you doing on this?  Think a half marathon is beyond me.  Maybe 10k is feasible in a few months? 

One of my friends is doing a full marathon and was up to 19 miles in the rain.  Can't imagine doing that.  Think this is why I am struggling with running.  I don't mind running when it is spitting, but no interest in spending 3 hours outside when it is chucking it down!

Just seen this Doobs. Got upto 13 miles 5 weeks ago, then did 14 miles, 10 days ago.
I'm just a slow plodder, too old and too many injuries to run quick anymore. I also avoid running in the rain if I can. It's always heavy rain atm and takes days to dry the shoes out.

Did a proper half marathon on Sunday. Brutal hill between mile 2 and 3. The steep downhill was hard on the quads and feet.
Sore feet from mile 8 slowed me up. In my traing runs my last 3 miles are always the quickest.  Finished in 2hr 21 mins
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2024, 10:02:00 AM »

Did a proper half marathon on Sunday. Brutal hill between mile 2 and 3. The steep downhill was hard on the quads and feet.
Sore feet from mile 8 slowed me up. In my traing runs my last 3 miles are always the quickest.  Finished in 2hr 21 mins

I've done one half marathon in the past - full of hills, but I was saving myself for a heroic sprint finish along the flat final stretch by the seafront

And just as I got there - there was a hailstorm

It only knocked a minute or so from my time, but shielding my head with my hands from golf ball sized hail was quite different from the image I was planning to project at that point Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: