blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:42:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  DETAILS OF THE NEXT BLONDE BASH
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DETAILS OF THE NEXT BLONDE BASH  (Read 22516 times)
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2006, 04:19:16 PM »

I'm trying to find the cheapest room available. I've found the travelodge but wondering if it is close by to cincinatti's? and easy to get to from the airport, I don't want to be forking out loads for taxi's.

I've heard the tank has a spare room.....

scared

especially now he will be working at Cincinatti's 24 hours a day 7 days a week................

sponsored by Fyffes
yt

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2006, 04:35:05 PM »

What time does cincins shut on sunday morning? It looks like i have to take a sunday 0915 flight so may as well pull an all nighter and save on the hotel room! I figure an early morning taxi from the club to the airport, 40 winks in the airport then on the plane.....
of course if im out the tourney early (it might happen you never know...) it might be a problem or if the club shuts early i might need a room
peeveen

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2006, 04:53:07 PM »

I'm trying to find the cheapest room available. I've found the travelodge but wondering if it is close by to cincinatti's? and easy to get to from the airport, I don't want to be forking out loads for taxi's.

The Travelodge, Eurohostel and Jury's Inn are all just a few minutes walk from Cincinatti's. Of the three, I reckon the Travelodge is a few paces further away, but there's not much in it. As for a taxi from the airport, the travelodge is right next to a motorway exit, whereas the other two are slap bang in the city centre.

"... More than any other, this is the artifice which, if done properly, allows the professional gambler to increase his winnings, so that he can then fritter them away ..."
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2006, 06:01:06 PM »

a few places are available at the eurohostel for a quid a night if all you're after is a bed

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2006, 06:57:37 PM »

a few places are available at the eurohostel for a quid a night if all you're after is a bed

1 banana, 2 banana, 3 banana 4

tra-la-laaaa tra-la-la-laaaaa

sponsored by Fyffes
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2006, 07:02:34 PM »

To be honest guys as long as you get a hotel in the city your not going to be any more than £4 in a private taxi from your Hotel to the CinCin.  There are regular buses from Buchanan Street, Central Station and Hope Bothwell Street to Glasgow International.

Anyone travelling to Prestwick its about £25 in a taxi.  And theres a regular train to and from Central Station if you book with Ryanair you get a return on the train for about £3.25.

Realistically you could get a Hotel in either the West End, City Centre or even look at various guest houses in the Southside and East of the city and for the majority in a private hire taxi your talking maximum of £8 to cin cin.  

Once you lot are all booked up post details of hotels and arrivals and departures and I am sure there will be many of the Glasgow mob happy to show you around.

I am off work Friday and the Monday so more than happy to make sure you all get around safely.

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2006, 07:06:22 PM »

Regards closing time CinCin is open I think as long as their are players!

The hospitality is great, could allways bring a tent and pitch it up in the Car Park

Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2006, 08:01:01 PM »

Thankyou GlasgowBandit for your help and suggestions.

My flight arrives at 11.40am on the saturday at glasgow so i will probably be out of the airport at 12.30 but i cant check in to my hotel til 3pm, so i will probably be sitting on the doorstep of the club waiting to open Cheesy

Im staying at the Travelodge (£90 for 2 nights). do you think i could leave my luggage at the hotel and then check in when i leave the club? (although i could be fair pissed by then) I would only need to do this if we split the main event field and i start at 3 o' clock.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 08:03:52 PM by Jim-D » Logged
zelda

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2006, 08:27:34 PM »

I have been looking at flights and rather than hang around from 10 am on the sat morning in Glasgow, I thought maybe catching the later plane would be the better option.  However it gets in at 5pm!!  Do you think that would be to late?  Also just in case im late for the game - would I be allowed to blind away? Or would I just completely miss it?
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2006, 08:41:45 PM »

I have been looking at flights and rather than hang around from 10 am on the sat morning in Glasgow, I thought maybe catching the later plane would be the better option.  However it gets in at 5pm!!  Do you think that would be to late?  Also just in case im late for the game - would I be allowed to blind away? Or would I just completely miss it?

Im sure some of the Glasgow guys could keep you company Zelda!!
The_Patriot

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2006, 12:40:28 AM »

Sign me up folks, thanks,
Marty Clarke.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2006, 09:57:03 AM »

Saturdays main comp. If numbers get too big (say we reach 140 or 160), we are considering a suggestion that we have split field start times. Half the field play 3 till 6 the other half play 6:30 til 9:30 the remaining players re-start together at 10. Thomas the Tank is looking into the feasibility of this.

If you need help with dealers or anything like that then i dont mind pitching in and helping out dealing during the flight when i'm not playing Smiley

sponsored by Fyffes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: