blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:57:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  O/T VERY important information for all lone drivers!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: O/T VERY important information for all lone drivers!  (Read 3755 times)
Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2006, 11:43:51 PM »

I read my post and edited it BEFORE anyone read it..  I know it was done with the best of intentions and thats why I did the edit....   I suppose there are are people out there who havent seen the  TVadverts or the programmes or the radio and newspaper ads saying dont call the emergency services unless its an emergency..  and Chilli is obviously one of those.. sorry Chilli

and those adverts refer to 999,  NOT 112  that I would think a lot of people do not know about.

Liberavi animam meam
Cybertim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2006, 11:56:36 PM »

and those adverts refer to 999,  NOT 112  that I would think a lot of people do not know about.

of course they do  and I know that Chilli's advice and her post were first class...  but surely someone who even thought that 112 MIGHT get you through to emergency services still wouldnt try it?   well obviously not.  On the plus side its great that people know that 112 will get you through..   someone toldme that one of the reasons that they dont advertise 112 in this country is in case people try it to find out..
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 12:06:35 AM »

"a bit harsh"   Jeez - why dont you blind fold me and put me infront of a firing squad??  Sorry for my naivety but i just didnt know about 112.  Next time i pass on what i thought was good information i will clear it with Intellegence agency first.

I would'nt blind fold you.  I think any info given in the right spirit should be welcomed. 

Good on you Chilli. My Sarah would of done the samething it's better to be a bit naive than trying to be the clever
bugger all the time and half the time your wrong     

Anyway

Is 112 like 118118

Regards

M
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »

Thank you trace and thank you Scottish Dave for your comments but everyone is entitled to their opinions and this forum is such a place where we can voice our views openly and freely.  Cybertim took offence to something i did and told me so.  With further personal information from Cybertim i understand his reaction also but in all innocence and not wanting to post dud information i had to call the number, in fact expecting it not to work anyway.  The guy answered "hello emergency" and i hung up instantly not wanting to keep them on the line.  End of.

So we can all start being nicey nice again and anyone want a kiss?   Kiss

MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2006, 12:09:31 AM »

Chilli if I kissed you. does that mean I'm Gay

disco

regards

M
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2006, 12:14:51 AM »

No reply  Cheesy

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2006, 12:16:45 AM »

The guy answered "hello emergency" and i hung up instantly not wanting to keep them on the line.  End of.

They normally hold the line open blocking your phone or call you back repeatedly until you let them know there is no problem, if it's a landline they actually came to my house when my daughter phoned 999.
I'll have a kiss BTW Cheesy

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2006, 12:18:37 AM »

ifm

are you Gay

Just asking

regards

M
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2006, 12:21:35 AM »

ifm

are you Gay

Just asking

regards

M

Depends, are you rich?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2006, 12:24:07 AM »

No not at all and I can't drive. Plus I'm poorer than a church mouse who's been mugged.

Why are you rich?

Regards

M
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2006, 12:24:51 AM »

No, on relection cancel the kisses - i'm not in the mood!  Think i'll go to bed and write today off as "not the best"

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2006, 12:31:02 AM »

I dunno whats worse, calling them up for no reason, or hanging up as soon as you get an answer!!!

I am quite amazed people don't know about 112, it used to be in all the mobile phone instructions/manuals infact some phones when out of network range would read "112 only"

I wouldn't suggest to anyone to carry on driving if a police car is trying to pull you over, that is -EV

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Cybertim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2006, 12:32:56 AM »

group hug   Wink

one thing for the people in Scotland (England is different in most places).

IF you accidentally dial 112 or 999 from your mobile DONT hang up...  just tell the operator you dialled by mistake, they are very good about it and very used to it.. The Scottish system "grabs" your phoneline and wont release it until they do checks which take up loads of time..  that way if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere and your battery runs out or you lose consciousness you can still get help...     if you are driving or walking about they can tell you are moving and automatically drop the line.. they cant check every time but they do try their best to track you down so a quick apology or call back is actually appreciated...  the other thing in Scotland is to store a local police/fire/ambulance station number on your mobile.. that way if you are within 30 or so miles of that station just call that number instead of 999 and they will usually get help to you a bit quicker..  vodafone and 02 put all 999 calls from mobiles to  two call centres who usually find it slightly more difficult to locate you than your local police fire and ambulance station will..

k  vote now for the most boring post of the year  <grin>
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: